Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:24:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690916
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Revolutionary Slogans  (Read 4162 times)

Offline 1ngram

• Librarian
Revolutionary Slogans
« on: July 01, 2008, 11:15:40 AM »
Busy, busy, busy building my Armoured Train.  I's like to have some revolutionary slogans chalked or painted on the sides but who does transfers in white with such on them?  The ones that (I think) Company B had don't seem to be available any more.

In any case I would really like to do my own - "Forward to a Soviet Poland" (in Cyrillic of course) but my skill with a very small paintbrush is the stuff of legend - or nightmare.  Is there an equivalent in opaque white of a felt tipped pen?

So help me - what is available in decals? Is there any kind of white drawing instrument I can do my own slogans with?

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Revolutionary Slogans
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 11:20:33 AM »
Sorry, dont know decals but as always Google is your friend.

Have a look here please :

http://www.davno.ru/soviet-posters/propaganda/

http://www.propaganda-poster.com/

There are lots out there.
And Iam sure that one of the fellas here can tell you how to make them small

Cheers
Björn
, ,

Offline Boggler

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 01:37:34 PM »
You could try some 1/35th scale WW2 AFV slogans, as long as you picked something appropriate?:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=BD35044&PIC_NO=1

Offline Boggler

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 04:54:10 PM »
Craft shops (in the U.S.) have brush pens, felt-tip pens and "Gelly Roll" (ball-point) pens in white.

Look in the scrapbooking area.

The brush pen is better at painting, felt-tip better for lettering. The ball point tends to skip a lot.

Offline 1ngram

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 05:35:49 PM »
Went to Lidl today and found they had Pritt Pocket Pens, correction fluid in a pen.  It writes fine on black card but I will have to be brave and try it on a wagon.  Photo to follow once I've tried it.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 06:11:21 PM »
'Black Lion' decals in the Netherlands do a full range, but they are a bit small, 1/72
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline koz10

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 08:01:52 PM »
Company B is working on a full line of slogans. Smert Parizitam! In Cyrillic, of course, meaning, I think "Death to the Parasites!

A Soviet Poland? Why I aught to...   I'm going to have to find something to counter that one comrade!   ;)

Offline 1ngram

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 12:14:04 PM »
Got the Black Lion decals and very useful they are too for early stars etc but it looks like I will have to put in the slogans myself.  I can generally find the english transliterations easily enough (even though I don't know what 'Forward to a Soviet Poland' is in Russian) but I don't know how to render the existing transliterations into cyrillic.  For example my train may be called "Proletarskaya Revolutsia".  Where can I find or create the cyrillic version of that?  Its not necc a translation but cyrillic slogans which have already been given a western version now needing rewriting back into Cyrillic.  Even simple words like Forward! - Vperiod/Vpered.  Similarly how to render people's names into Cyrillic like the list of train names that appear in the Osprey Armored Units book on page 17. Ideally I would like to call my two armoured wagons after Rosa Luxembourg and Karl Liebknecht but how were their names written in cyrillic?

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 01:15:15 PM »
Got the Black Lion decals and very useful they are too for early stars etc but it looks like I will have to put in the slogans myself.  I can generally find the english transliterations easily enough (even though I don't know what 'Forward to a Soviet Poland' is in Russian) but I don't know how to render the existing transliterations into cyrillic.  For example my train may be called "Proletarskaya Revolutsia".  Where can I find or create the cyrillic version of that?  Its not necc a translation but cyrillic slogans which have already been given a western version now needing rewriting back into Cyrillic.  Even simple words like Forward! - Vperiod/Vpered.  Similarly how to render people's names into Cyrillic like the list of train names that appear in the Osprey Armored Units book on page 17. Ideally I would like to call my two armoured wagons after Rosa Luxembourg and Karl Liebknecht but how were their names written in cyrillic?

Dear Ingram,
I found in the same situation when someone asked me to translate the term: Mutual Commercial Credit Bank in Russian and Cyrillic alphabet. On the net I found a free translator that translates words or small phrases (I understood that for large texts they ask for payments) from and to several languages, among them in Russian. Although from English there are options for several languages including russian, arabian and korean, while from other languages the choice is limited.

As soon as you get in their translation window the phrase in cyrillic or other alphabet, you can copy the scribe and paste to a word .doc so, you may use it later. I understand that the trnslation of the best accuracy but some close one. So, if you need a slogan an approximate translation may be of use.
As for link, I do not have it.
I remember that it was called something like: translator.eu or so.

Hope to help you
argsilverson

Offline Black Lion Decals

• Lurker
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 10:29:23 PM »
I heard there was a topic in this forum about decals of RCW slogans etc. It's true that we as Black Lion Decals offer them as 1/72 and partly as 1/35, but on request we can do them also in other scales.
Another option is to send us .jpg pictures or home made designs in Corel Draw (version 8 or older) and that we print those. Our decal printer does print white, so there are lots of possibilities. Please have a look at our website www.blackliondecals.nl or drop us a message at blacklion(at)orange.nl. No worries on the Russian slogans; I do read and speak a bit Russian which makes things a lot easier on the Russian texts.

all the best and happy modelling!
Michel Boer
Black Lion Decals, Netherlands.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 10:56:21 PM »
Not sure about this but I think Tamiya used to do some paint pens
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline 1ngram

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 01:02:48 PM »
I see that Michel at Black Lion has posted.  They contacted me about their decals and have offered to make whatever I want.  I was and am looking for revolutionary slogans for the sides of my vehicles and trains.  As he says they have a Russian speaker and can print white decals as well as red.  Here is an opportunity for us all to get a manufacturer to make 28mm decals for the RCW, both slogans in white and red and stars etc.  Presumably they can do white/interventionist stuff as well.  Surely this is an opportunity not to be missed.