Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:06:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Meridian Miniatures new range "tooth and Sword"  (Read 12270 times)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Meridian Miniatures new range "tooth and Sword"
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2014, 11:02:17 PM »
Really can't afford it but I'm in for 8 figures...

Now to explain that to the spouse...

Fortunately she received 3 gift cards at various craft stores for with several hundred $$$ (Total, I have a limit to my madness,) for scrap booking, card making, and other craft hobbies for Christmas when we both were working full time.  She won't be thrilled but she likes 'cute' figures and I will paint them for her (or get someone skilled to paint them...)

Gracias,

Glenn
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:05:07 PM by Conquistador »
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2014, 05:40:04 PM »
Thanks Glenn, I've a felling you won't like my next post though!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2014, 05:40:24 PM »
Hi everyone.

Today I had a good chat about my options for moulding the Neutrals in addition the the Good Guys and the Wicked ones while staying inside of the original £3000 goal. The good news is there's an easy way to do it! Each mould can hold 3 sets of 4 figures so I was planning on having 2 moulds each containing 3 of each set and adding another when the neutrals were unlocked. I can however put in uneven multiples of each set in ratio to whatever the surveys come back with. This will allow me to mould all three sets within budget!

So, I have created a pair of new pledge levels to cater for the unlocked figures. I'm afraid to make it viable I have had to restrict backers to having to pledge for ALL THREE sets to get hold of the Neutrals, no mixing and matching will be possible on the lower level pledges. If you only want one or two you can get them as resin add ons but to get the full set you MUST pledge for the bonus level pledges. If you intend to pledge higher then please alter your pledge now so we can get towards our intended goal, we're already at close to 50% so get out and spread the word!

Also note that I have decreased the cost of having your own custom Chibi sculpted, this is in line with my private commission rate but you''re saving a huge amount on the casting side of things alone. Please message me first if you wish to pledge at that level.

Enormous thanks go out to those that have pledged already and those that continue to come on board, stay tuned tomorrow for news of future add-ons.

Cheers

Andrew

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 02:58:49 PM »
Thanks Glenn, I've a felling you won't like my next post though!

Why?  I think those "Neutrals' are great figures that my wife will enjoy, and as the far side of the pond says, "In for a penny, in for a pound," I upped my pledged to get them all.

But that is where I must stop.

If this succeeds great.

If not, I won't have to sell the wife on on how her next "gift" fits in the budget we are making up...

Win/Win.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2014, 06:11:08 PM »
 lol

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 06:11:51 PM »
We've had a great last 24hrs here. Pledges have reached nearly 75% overnight and one special backer will be getting her very own custom adventurer!

Now, here's some previews for the add-ons that I've got planned.

First up is a mighty Hippogryph, he's very much a work in progress at the moment but I'm working in the evenings after commissions to get him finished. I'm waiting for a quote from the caster on how much he'll cost me to produce but at around 60mm tall it will be quite a chunk of resin. I expect to be able to offer him as an add-on from Monday. Stay tuned to facebook for mr work in progress shots as he develops! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Meridian-Miniatures/278329682295664

Next up are some art prints from the hand of my good friend Honoel A. Ibardolaza.

I will be also offering these pieces, when complete as add-ons, Honoel will be finishing them over the weekend, while I calculate the postage costs but I hope to offer them very soon next week. the postcards will be A5 while the prints will probably be best at A3 size, more info to come.

Thanks again everyone.
Go to the campaign for more info.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2004599158/tooth-and-sword

Andrew

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 06:27:09 PM »
Some wonderful sculpts in this Kickstarter, mate.
Bloody brilliant.
 :-* :-*

Good luck with it!
 :D

Offline Velvet Mark

• Bookworm
    • Instagram
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2014, 05:13:09 PM »
The add on is looking very cool, god my wallet cant take much more of this!

Just gave the KS a little shout out on my SDE thread too
http://community.sodapopminiatures.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2169&start=120#p35165

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:20:33 PM by Velvet Mark »
Check out my current projects on Instagram

Custom Chibi Miniatures leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=67368.0

15mm Girls Und Panzer
 leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=77763.0;topicseen

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2014, 06:17:44 PM »
Thanks Mark! I got a lot of facebook likes over the weekend coincidently!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2014, 06:19:07 PM »
Hello everyone, I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I've heard back from my resin caster and can now include the Hippogryph as an add-on or a separate pledge level. I've also had chance to work on the figure over the weekend and have gotten much closer to completing the beast!

The figure stands an just short of impressive but sensible 60mm tall and will be cast in 3 separate resin pieces. This fearsome fellow will be eating up quite a chunk of mould rubber and be a substantial centrepiece for your games or collection therefore I have put a price of £12 per figure for him with an additional £2 for international postage for those pledging solely for him. Just go to https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2004599158/tooth-and-sword

If you would like to add him on to your pledge then go to " manage my pledge" and adjust your total by £12, no need to add extra postage if you're already down for other models.

For the rest of the week I'll be devoting my mornings to finishing the piece whilst my afternoons will have to remain with my ongoing commission work. The sculpting will be finished before the end of the campaign, I don't like to keep my backers pledging blindly, wondering if the figure will live up to their expectations!
Go to Facebook to keep up with thw sculpting progress https://www.facebook.com/pages/Meridian-Miniatures/278329682295664

Also I'm happy to say that I received my metal master castings of "the good guys" for approval and they've already gone to my painter for artful daubing! Here's a shot of the castings, I'm sure you'll agree that Griffin Moulds have done a superb job of capturing every aspect of the master model's detail.

I'll be back tomorrow with more news of the art prints.

See you then!

Andrew

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2014, 10:18:12 AM »
Hurray! We're fully funded as of this morning. I just want to again extend my genuine thanks to everyone that has pledged to make this project possible. We've got just about a week to go now so  let's look forward to unlocking those free stickers before the campaign is up and anything else we can muster.

Cheers!

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2014, 10:47:49 AM »
Just another week to go, looks like I'm going to be able to keep up my pledge this time.  ;)

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2014, 11:50:13 AM »
Glad to hear it Seb!  :D

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2014, 06:14:37 PM »
To add to a great day, I've got some pretty pictures to share!

Honoel Has done a fantastic job of bringing out the character of these critters! I am offering these as high quality A3 prints to anyone that would like to add them on to their pledge, this isn't something that I'm really going to be making profit on, as the postage costs are unfortunately high but I can't not offer them as I'm so happy with the artwork and I'm sure a few of you are going to really enjoy having them up on the wall of your gaming room!

If you would like an A3 art print and you are in the UK then just add on £10 for EACH print (lion/mouse or wolf/bat) that you would like. If you are in the rest of the world then please add £14 for EACH print that you would like. These will ship separately to the rest of your pledge and the rates for international postage are especially high for postal tubes, I'll have the postcard set ready to show by the weekend for you if you want a pocket sized art fix instead!

One more thing that I forgot to say this morning is thanks to our second "custom adventurer" pledge, another lucky lady will be getting their very own character!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »
 I received the first test casts from my resin caster today and I think you'll agree that they look superb. They are really clean, lightweight casting, with virtually no prep to do before painting. I can't wait to have the whole lot here in resin and the time to crack those paint post open!

Interesting side note, I forgot to say that the lion has is shield cast away from his body (as you can see on a tab to one side in the picture!) this will need to be cut away and glued in place, it's the only separate piece in the whole range, same in metal too.

Now speaking of painting, I will have pictures of the Good Guys all painted ready to show tomorrow for you so stay tuned!
Cheers
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 10:16:38 AM by white knight »