Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:11:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Conan [Monolith Boardgame] - KS over and funded  (Read 241222 times)

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
Re: Conan [Monolith Boardgame] - KS over and funded
« Reply #1065 on: November 19, 2016, 05:39:23 AM »
I've been Conan'd. comes in 2 full sized boxes. A few French bits to throw out per the usual.

3 HUGE double sided boards to play on.  Unless they aren't doulble sided and I'm nuts. They're in the box now and I'm too lazy to check. UPDATE: I CHECKED. TOTALLY DOUBLE SIDED!

The giant spider seems too dinky as does the sarcophagus. Conan might be able to get one leg in that thing.

Some of the face details came out soft but that's plastic.

The camel is leaning. Is he drunk or do I boil him straight?

The Scenery stuff is kind of disappointing. I'm gald I didn't buy the add-on sets of it. Just brittle white plastic and meh. The sconces/torchies feel insultingly superfluous. (I may a little drunk). Chests are crates are alright. Tables and benches are pretty plain. Bookshelf is worse than the one what came with Dungeon saga.

That Spider just sucks. I was excited about him in the KS too. I think he might get swapped out for my Reaper Bones spider. Giant Scorpion is kind of meh too.

Sabertooth, wolves, and Hyenas are nice. Picts are the star of the show if you think of picts as homonids a bit swoller than Neaderthals.

Bone golemn is a hodgepodge of boniness with no real visual shape. But there was no bone golemn in a conan story so he's just and extra.

The not red Sonja is silly but y'know how if you order a complicated foo-foo drink in a dive bar you deserve what you end up wit? Yeah. This may be the first intentionally sabotaged "guest/cosplay/not-reatail" figure ever. Her boobs look like they are going to launch any minute.

Baal Pteor looks like an Auton from late 80's Who. Not really all that human.

I wish had bought the Dragon kind of though I never saw the sculpt. But...I didn't so.

I have to say that this, Zombicide Black Plague, and Heavy Gear all worked out really well. I good year of kickstarter receipts apart from Reaper's Bones III getting delayed at the last second due to the manufacturer in China casually overestimating the level of project completion and giving Reaper bad info.

Lots of dice.

Seems like it was worth it.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 07:27:18 AM by palaeomerus »

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #1066 on: November 19, 2016, 06:18:01 AM »
You guys are just mocking me aren't you lol

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1067 on: November 19, 2016, 02:37:25 PM »
Mine arrived last night.  I haven't taken every mini out of the packaging but everything looks OK, nothing obviously deformed or bent.  Love the tentacle beastie, that'll get some use in other games for sure.  I agree that the detail on the lighter figures is not so well defined as on the darker figures but with my backlog they may never see a coat of paint or even table time anyway.

I hope I got everything, I can't remember what I ordered on top of the King Pledge, after a year my memory is hazy at the best of times.  No packing slip in the box either.
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #1068 on: November 19, 2016, 08:40:39 PM »
No packing slip is annoying but probably due to the complex shipping arrangements. Not having a rule book that lists contents, etc is a little annoying too. As my first and only Kickstarter, I just am happy it's arrived and it's not a total flop.

Sterling Moose - Check the bases on a flat surface, I went through the whole lot last night - quiet a few are warped (self fixing that issue will be next to impossible).

I did however experiment by holding the Spartan's cape next to (not above) a flame to soften it so I could bend it back (from the top edge of the sword up). This'll make it look less two-dimensional, and I suspect some other Conan miniatures could benefit from that too.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #1069 on: November 20, 2016, 08:27:33 AM »
Have (accidentally) mixed in the French tiles with the English ones. Is there a list anywhere online that shows exactly the ones I need to weed out? I realise I want to create a mean, lean fighting machine as Admiral Benbow did back on page 65 and the less I pack in the one box the better.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:29:19 AM by von Lucky »

Offline PanzerKaput

• Scientist
« Reply #1070 on: November 20, 2016, 08:54:59 AM »
@Von Lucky are you for real about putting for miniatures next to a naked flame to fit them as it is easier to put them in hot water, mould to fit and put them in cold water and they will be fixed.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #1071 on: November 20, 2016, 09:13:14 AM »
Yeah, but where's the risk in that  ;)

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1072 on: November 21, 2016, 04:48:56 AM »
Good advice from von Lucky:

Sterling Moose - Check the bases on a flat surface, I went through the whole lot last night - quiet a few are warped (self fixing that issue will be next to impossible).

I revisited the boxes and found 11 figures that I'm hoping will be replaced.  A couple of poorly cast weapons and a bunch on warped bases so much so that two of them wont even stand up.  One was the woman figure waving the cloak/blanket in the air - I don't even know who that is supposed to be.  There's no pic on the KS page and no card that matches the pose in the box.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #1073 on: November 21, 2016, 07:20:40 AM »
PanzerKaput & beefcake - yes I did do this. Born more out of laziness (lighter's on my desk... hot water requires me to get up). I wouldn't do this for anything but the cape (due to its shape/size). The weapons, etc would be best served with the hot water method. However, Belit's Staff is badly deformed and I would rather the bases be perfectly flat, so I think I'll replace those if / when we can do this.

Sterling Moose - She's Gitara:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1132452
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1176288

I've been "Ctrl-F" searching these updates to work out who's who. I'll admit I only had a passing interest in Conan / the Hyborian Age before this Kickstarter, got in more because of the hype and my fantasy miniature collection is tiny.

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1074 on: November 21, 2016, 11:36:06 AM »
Thx von Lucky.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #1075 on: November 22, 2016, 03:26:53 AM »
I really want mine to arrive before the end of the current KS so I can decide whether to pledge or not!

Offline Arthadan

• Scientist
    • Forge of Doom Miniatures
« Reply #1076 on: November 22, 2016, 09:38:10 PM »
Good advice from von Lucky:

I revisited the boxes and found 11 figures that I'm hoping will be replaced.  A couple of poorly cast weapons and a bunch on warped bases so much so that two of them wont even stand up.  One was the woman figure waving the cloak/blanket in the air - I don't even know who that is supposed to be.  There's no pic on the KS page and no card that matches the pose in the box.

That's Gitara, from "The People of the Black Circle". She mades Khemsa turns against his masters, the Black Seers of Yimsha.

Offline Redmao

• Scientist
  • Canadian Agent
« Reply #1077 on: November 23, 2016, 02:24:03 PM »
According to the Asmodee website, the game is supposed to hit retail today.

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
« Reply #1078 on: November 23, 2016, 08:51:08 PM »
Does anyone know whothe retailer in Europe is?

I forewent two add-ons and of course am now lamenting this stupidity. But as soon as the game hits retail, I can set things straight
I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

http://pijlieblog.blogspot.nl/

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #1079 on: November 24, 2016, 03:23:22 AM »
According to the Asmodee website, the game is supposed to hit retail today.
Sigh. Oh well. I shan't begrudge those that didn't get in on this to get it off the ground.