Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:05:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mechadrome News  (Read 6589 times)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
Re: Mechadrome News
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 03:12:31 PM »
The pics are just concept art. Actually Dave made up the Light and Heavy Mechs were mostly from scratch, so I imagine the heavy will be a bigger and badder version of the medium, and posable.. I want to do separate leg parts and other joints too.

And yeah I wish I knew what the prices will be too :) I won't know that till some time this summer. What I was guessing though, based on the other mechs, is maybe $70 if not cheaper. And that will include the extra weapons needed to make either pilot, so you'll get all the parts in 1 big box so it will be perfect for magnetizing if you want to build your own and swap stuff around.

Also, for the Kickstarter, what I'm hoping to do is have a funding goal of around $5000 for the heavy mech and then each $1000 after (might have to be slightly more, still have to see) would be a stretch goal that adds in another heavy sized weapon for free, and then the $10k goal would be to unlock the Rookie troops. If we get even higher than that I'll still have the mechs from all of the other races that can get added in, roughly $5000 for each new mech sculpt.

Based on the last campaign I don't know if we'll get that high, but I'm hoping we'll be able to get new blood when they see that the first one went so well and delivered early (and I plan to do that again!). I'll also have the light and medium mechs from before as add-on items. I was going to just have a $1 pledge for adding on anything, 1 pledge level for the heavy mech and then 1 pledge for a full team at a discounted price (1 heavy, 2 mediums, 4 lights). And then if the Rookies get unlocked I'll add a new goal for a retail starter set that will have 1 light and 2-3 rookies, aiming for around $35-$40 for that.

Blackwater Gulch - Gangfights in the Old West

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 03:29:35 PM »
As you are well aware, I loved the light and medium mechs so I will be very interested in seeing where the heavy mech goes.

I am sure that the rookies will go down a storm with many people (the concept design is solid) but I won't be in the market for those (I rarely buy human troops).

I look forward to seeing the kickstarter :)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 04:07:51 PM »
Yep the rookies are meant to get a cheaper price point for getting into the game. I originally wanted to do that with the drones, but it didn't work out since they ended up so pricey. I'm gonna resinify those to get the price down, but I think they'll still be more expensive that the troops just due to size and stuff. I think you'll like the heavy mech. I just wish I didn't have to wait till May to start sculpting :)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 08:19:05 PM »
We have some updated Drones in the works. The original models ended up being too big and more importantly too expensive. These new models look the same, but they will be a bit smaller and designed to fit on a 40mm base. They’ll be done in resin to hopefully get the price down even more. These new ones are designed to work with the Light Mech Missile Pod, rather than the bigger ones for Medium Mechs.

The bodies are being printed now and I hope to have them for sale probably around May or June :)

Here are some 3D renders:

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 03:11:06 PM »
Hey folks!

This are progressing slowly but surely. I’m currently planning my Kickstarter campaign for Blackwater Gulch in June/July and then the Heavy Mech campaign will come a few months after that once the new BWG models are shipped. In the meantime I decided it get the drone models updated like in the pics above. I’m planning to just release them the old fashioned way when they’re done, so they will probably be around June or July. And then we’re planning to start sculpting the Heavy around June, but it will take a few months to get it sculpted, printed cast and a couple masters painted to show off.

Anyway, the drones are going to change a little. First they are getting shrunk down to fit on a 40mm base and will be made in resin so they’re cheaper. The missile pod will only come with the crawler body, and that will be the Missile Drone, just like in the pic above. I had Dave sculpt an all new smaller blaster turret for the rover body, and that will become the Blaster Drone. Here’s a little video showing how that will look :)

As an added bonus, the new blaster turret fits perfectly on top of a light mech, so I’ll be doing a new Free Agent pilot to utilize that, probably with the top blaster and 2 crusherfists. The drones will also go in the new official starter sets, 2 drones and 1 light mech for each team.. but I won’t know what the price for that will be till I get the new models done. Hoping for around $35 or so.