Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:10:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: "Dangerous Delivery", A Pulp Alley AAR  (Read 1795 times)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
"Dangerous Delivery", A Pulp Alley AAR
« on: August 16, 2014, 01:38:55 AM »
   The small town of Meracura seemed an unlikely place for intrigue, but the Prefect of Police Lieutenant Brostu was waiting for the arrival of important guests.  Dr. Piotyr Zazlov and his daughter Ivana were to be delivered to his care this very afternoon.  However, he was not the only one preparing a welcome.  The Red Mask had sent his toady Mr. Bugati to get information, the Red Mask would follow with his red robed minions.
    Zazlov and his daughter were in the capable hands of Nick Ryder and a small group of allies.  I set the basic scenario up as detailed in the rule book.  Meracura was a typical Eastern looking town with a crowded market in the center, and the Police station in one corner.  The market represented three perilous areas, and we agreed that attempting to enter and move through a building would constitute others.  There were only two plot points in this version of the scenario, the Doctor and his daughter.  Nick split the group in two, roughly 8" apart.
    The forces of the Red Mask were spread widely around the area of the Police station.  The game was tense and closely contested.  The Red Mask had the ability to Cloud Mens' Minds, which made him difficult to target.  Once he made himself known though, he was no match for Nick's hard fists.  At one point though, there was a chance for the Red Mask to capture Dr. Zazlov, but one of Nick's brave companions resisted valiantly.  A combination of good shooting on the part of the good guys, and bad rolls for the bad guys were the deciding factor.  Four of the Red Mask's minions were down and out, and Mr. Bugati was forced to stay in hiding.  The good guys lost a single man, and successfully delivered the Doctor and his daughter to the waiting Lieutenant.  The question in Nick's mind though as he received his payment, was what exactly did the Police want with the good Doctor?
      My son in law and I had a great time with this game.  I think we have finally figured out how to really play Pulp Alley. Sorry, no photos.
                                                                                                             Nick

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Re: "Dangerous Delivery", A Pulp Alley AAR
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 04:26:29 AM »
Very cool, Nick! I'm so glad ya'll had a good time.

THANKS for playing.  ;)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 09:22:21 AM »
Cool report! And a friend of mine ran a league, led by the infamous "Der Rote Maske"...coincidence...? ;)
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »
Sounds like a great game, I like the idea of Cloud Mens' Minds, I might have to steal that one!