Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:02:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: It was my SOTR project, now is the Konflikt '47 one!  (Read 32461 times)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Re: It was my SOTR project, now is the Konflikt '47 one!
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2016, 01:11:42 AM »
And I'm back into Weird War, waiting on my starters for Konflikt '47 to arrive. I know that I won't be using most of the minis I've done so far - after all, they aren't using "supernatural" elements  on this setting :'( But since I already had this thread...

My main objective for the Germans will be doing some Hydra units to use along "normal" units. The American will be SOTR plus some Warlord plastic.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2016, 04:24:51 AM »
Pah!  Use them anyway.  I am planning on using some of Cthulhu-esque creatures as medium tanks in my Bolt Action army.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2016, 11:25:25 AM »
Konflikt 47 is a bit fluid with what its occult elements. You could easily get away with including a Shoggoth and explaining it away as "but its Science!.

My thoughts are to keep the fluff in line with Wolfenstein (which alternatives between diesel punk and the alternative Black Sun universe).

I for one am considering making a mini of Hellboy or Lord Baltimore (even if he's WWI). :)

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2016, 02:47:04 PM »
And I'm back into Weird War, waiting on my starters for Konflikt '47 to arrive. I know that I won't be using most of the minis I've done so far - after all, they aren't using "supernatural" elements  on this setting :'( But since I already had this thread...

My main objective for the Germans will be doing some Hydra units to use along "normal" units. The American will be SOTR plus some Warlord plastic.

I'm definitely going to use Hasslefrees Major Stephanie as a sort of Female Cap/Peggy  to act as my Lieutenant.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2016, 06:37:50 PM »
I'm definitely going to use Hasslefrees Major Stephanie as a sort of Female Cap/Peggy  to act as my Lieutenant.

Yeah, I also have her for that role  ;)

Wyrmalla - I'm playing Wolfenstein: The New Order right now so I'll try and had some of it's elements plus the obvious supernatural ones from "Return to Castle Wolfenstein".

Sinewgrab - Hmmm, the Shoggoths from Lovecraft are biological creatures, created by the Elder Gods, so I guess that's one of the ways to bend the "no supernatural" aspect of Konflikt '47! Great idea.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2016, 12:36:18 PM »
Aye, not to go OT.

The newest Wolfenstein (and its expansion which is set in 46 IIRC) does away with most of the supernatural elements for Nazi super-tech (and god, the big reveal about its origins and the fate of the Reich is great).

The previous games, just "Wolfenstein", includes the supertech to a point, but rather is based around the occult stuff (i.e. skintight jumpsuit wearing Nazi ninjas shooting lightning from their eyes. Because).

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2016, 02:58:29 PM »
And it seems that Warlord has already sent me the German starter box! Now I just need to wait for the rulebook and the US starter that I bought from Wayland (their 20% discount made me do it, at the time).

One of the first things I want to try is fitting the resin turrets (both the American and the German) in Rubicon models instead of the Warlord ones, since almost all of my vehicles are from Rubicon.  :D

Offline Harwood Hobbies

• Scientist
    • Harwood Hobbies
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2016, 05:55:52 PM »
I thought that the starters came with the rulebook...

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2016, 08:41:54 PM »
I thought that the starters came with the rulebook...

Yeah, but I ordered the big hardcover one. That way, I'll have 3 rulebooks, 2 of those the smaller ones that I can lent to other interested players.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2016, 08:39:18 PM »
Received my German Starter today. It seems that the Gravity projector is only meant for Warlord's Panzer IV since it's got a peg that slots into the body of the tank. Since the Rubicon one uses another system for its turret, it won't be compatible without conversion (filling the hole where the turret sits basicaly).

In other news, the resin cast is great (for both the turret and the Spinne light mech), same for the metal "Totenkorps" (Nazi Zombies).

The only problem that I have is that I don't like the German mech and I'm plunking it into the Bazaar right away.  I'll use my Dust mechs instead.

Now I just need to receive my US starter set!

Offline SiamTiger

• Librarian
  • The collector of many things
    • Chaosbunker - Lots of Lead, Plastic and Ideas
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2016, 06:30:18 AM »
Well, Konflikt 47 is a cooperation of Clockwork Goblin and Warlord, i would never assume they produce the additional stuff in a way, that it would work with anything else than their kits...

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2016, 12:28:59 PM »
Well, Konflikt 47 is a cooperation of Clockwork Goblin and Warlord, i would never assume they produce the additional stuff in a way, that it would work with anything else than their kits...

The turrets already existed in 15mm and when they did the prototypes in 28mm they weren't exclusive for the Warlord vehicles. I talked with them at the time and they even said it (the Tesla turret for instance) could be used in Dust vehicles. But then Konflikt '47 happened.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2016, 03:17:42 PM »
Could you take the tabs from cannon's ring off, sand down the bottom a little and then add a plug so it'd work with the Rubicon one? It would sit a bit high, but could work. Though I don't see the point in that as you already have the Warlord one (that'd only be a suggestion if you just had a the turret).

I haven't bought the rulebook yet, but I was wondering how the Panzer gravity cannon rules might work mounted on the Stug chassis. :)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2016, 06:30:05 PM »
Could you take the tabs from cannon's ring off, sand down the bottom a little and then add a plug so it'd work with the Rubicon one? It would sit a bit high, but could work. Though I don't see the point in that as you already have the Warlord one (that'd only be a suggestion if you just had a the turret).

I haven't bought the rulebook yet, but I was wondering how the Panzer gravity cannon rules might work mounted on the Stug chassis. :)

Yeah, I could do the conversion, but I was taking the easy way since I already have the Rubicon Panzer IV assembled. Now I'm just assembling the Warlord one (and I've just noticed that the assembly instructions are wrong on the bogies/wheels parts) and I'll plop the turret there.

Since you get the stats for the gravity cannon itself, I think you can use it on another chassis. But don't quote me on that, since I just skimmed the rules and I never played Bolt Action  lol

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2016, 02:04:48 AM »
Started working on the Warlord Panzer IV (and found out that the instructions have the bogie/wheels parts the wrong side around - Part 4 goes into the Part 3 slot).

The Schürzen skirting and the tracks will be kept separate for the painting process  ;)