Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:19:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Second Edition Playtest.  (Read 23237 times)

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Re: Second Edition Playtest.
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 07:47:52 PM »
The situation was dire. Ablett had no chance of surviving a fight with that gigantic horror unless he had some help. Lovie opened the old scroll and began to read aloud the arcane text. He focused on the creature and in his minds eye envisioned it growing smaller, weaker. He felt a great surge of power within and released it with deadly intent. The beast let out a groan and paused momentarily...long enough for Ablett to wiggle free. Then it was on him again, extending its horrible bulk high into the air and crashing down on the powerless agent. Ablett lay smashed and bleeding out, possibly with some damage to internal organs.

Winchester paused and waited for the perfect moment, exhaled and fired his shotgun directly at where he supposed the things brain must be. Again, at the last second the wurm burrowed away and avoided the killing shot. Not deterred the agent ran to the edge of the hole and fired another blast. Blindly he stumbled backward, eyes stinging from the errant ichor that had sloshed him and that was when he heard them. A squelching, sucking, grinding sound. Clearing his eyes he saw large fat grubs crawling from the hole...toward him.

We are getting blackouts due to the summer/winter storm...I'll post a few of these shorter story elements to avoid having all my longer ones wiped out when the power goes out...again. I've already lost it twice!!! Ithaqua be damned! More later...

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2014, 09:27:57 PM »
Agent Cas calmly strode forward, his whole body alight with tiny motes of flame. The larvae-things were scorched to a cinder as he extended his hands and the flames cleansed them. Erupting from the ground the wurm lashed out, battering the pyrokine against a stand of trees and leaving him nearly lifeless before turning its might on the remaining agents...

:o

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 03:10:45 AM »
Translation: Ablett is removed as (thankfully...) a Minor Injury. Winchester rolls a critical hit when shooting the Wurm...but (for the last time this game...) Outrageous Fortune strikes again. No wound.  :? Using both Heroic and his Lucky Hat  he finally manages to wound the thing. A feat that should have been easy enough to accomplish thanks to Lovie casting Curse Characteristic.

The Wurm spews out some grubs, which are quickly dispatched by the Pyrokinetic. The Wurm (being a Beast) strangely isn't afraid of the fire...better luck next time.  :? A brief tussle ensues and again the Wurm is unafraid of the fire!  :'( And then proceeds to chew on Cas resulting in another Minor Injury.

Things aren't looking good for the team. Two men down...two men left...

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 08:49:43 PM »
Sorry for the delay on this...been a busy week around the secret lab as we get ready to launch the Kickstarter...

Winchester had no chance to think...his men were dropping like flies. Throwing caution to the wind he closed with the creature and drew his cleaver. The thing was stronger than he had imagined and a nasty bite was all he got for his troubles. Backing off and bandaging his wound the agent loaded his shotgun and prepared for the worst. As the eldritch fiend came ever closer he fired and the shell stuck in the gun. Thankfully Lovie, now out of useful spells also had a sidearm. Unfortunately the .45 was simply unable to penetrate the thick hide of the thing.

Lovie could smell the foetid breath as the snapping mouth parts struck out at him. Realizing his plight he curled into a ball on the ground, his mind unable to deal with so much horror and death and the wurm consumed him in one bite. Using the break in fighting Winchester cleared the jam and fired into the beast and this time he did not miss. A torrent of bile and sputum shot from the ragged wound as did more of those grotesque larvae. How could he win against such odds?

Let's just say he couldn't...after jamming his gun yet again Winchester is finally removed by the Wurm as a Minor Injury. An abject failure for the team. Fortunately only one Major Injury, on Lovie...who managed to become Hardened from his ordeal. The supplies would no doubt feed the thing for another while and the team left the area empty handed and bruised.

Sometimes you eat the worm...sometimes the worm eats you.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2014, 05:59:08 PM »
Ouch!

Dont feck with the Worm!
 8)

Now, about that Kickstarter...?
 :D

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 03:57:54 AM »
Just played another game, hope to get some of that report posted up soon.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2014, 04:31:09 AM »
Just played another game, hope to get some of that report posted up soon.

Fine, just rub our noses in it!  You get to play the new edition! We're still playing yesterdays edition!  :(
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2014, 04:58:18 AM »
If it helps I'm not sure if second edition is any easier on the poor Threshold team...

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »
If it helps I'm not sure if second edition is any easier on the poor Threshold team...

I tend to enjoy wearing the "Team Lurker" shirt more.  :D

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2015, 08:56:59 PM »
I've been passed the Solo rules for further testing, and just got my backside handed to me by a deck of cards!  Once I get the hang of things and print off some better cards, I'll reset my Threshold list and see about posting some battle reports.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2015, 10:01:23 PM »
Sounds great, really looking forward to the solo play aspect as that means I'll finally get to play the game.
We haul ours to kick theirs.