Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:48:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689806
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New set of Sci Fi miniatures coming called "Abandoned Frontier"  (Read 2967 times)

Offline john d law

• Assistant
New set of Sci Fi miniatures coming called "Abandoned Frontier"
« on: October 12, 2014, 07:27:48 AM »
Hi guys,

Sorry to bother I just wanted to give anyone interested a little heads up on a new range of sci fi miniatures we are working on for 28mm scale. The setting is called Abandoned Frontier and at the moment can only be found on our facebook page under the same name. I was unable to get the link to work but it can be easily found by looking it up under said name on FB. If you get a chance please check out our first faction and some artwork for two of the other factions the SCR and Remnants withmuch more to follow in the coming weeks and months. Anyone who can easily link can put the pics up here if they like.

The setting is gonna be little bit more hard sci fi and set on numerous left behind colony words that are now being raided for lost tech and information about what caused the worlds to be abandoned. There will be a set of PDf rules as well for the setting to include some very innovative teleporation movement! Anyway thanks for looking and cheers!

Regards

John

former user

Re: New set of Sci Fi miniatures coming called "Abandoned Frontier"
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 08:40:19 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Abandoned-Frontier/642833759163768

so, what ist Your main product going to be? photograph background paper or miniature sculpts?  ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:46:28 AM by bedwyr »

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 08:52:53 AM »
Looks interesting. The troopers you posted on Facebook, do they have a feline shaped mask? I like the sculpt of the guy with the pistol and knife. Looking forward to more sculpts.
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline john d law

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 08:56:28 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the quick link it is much appreciated! The piece shown as well as the other sculpt on the site represent a faction of wraith like (Stargate Atlantis) type aliens called the Haraki (closest thing i can compare them too at the moment). Along with them will be a professional human army (SCR) and rag tag force (Remnants) along with a very alien race (Xrxn) with basically no humanoid look at all to them. The plan is to have the Haraki available in a month or so and the rest hopefully soon after, maybe on a Kickstarter if needed. So yeah miniatures not paper ;) By the way their helmets are shaped to represent a type of creature from their homeworld ;) but in a hard sci fi way.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:12:06 AM by john d law »

Offline Archie

• Mad Scientist
    • The Grinning Frog
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 11:26:50 PM »
Nice armour. Real 28mm scale or GW heroic?

Offline john d law

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 05:55:44 AM »
Hi Archie,

Yeah I would say the normal humans like members of the Remnants will be about 28mm tall. The Haraki are about 34mm tall because they are kind of elvish in physique as they are from a low gravity world, standing next to a space marine mini the Haraki are somewhat slender compared so more realistic proportions I think, just taller due to their enviroment. The humans in armor like the SCR would be around 30-31mm tall due to the armor they wear and the Xrxn are large creatures with tenctacles and arms for appendages. Very big and bulky, hope to have art of them soon to show you guys! Thanks again.