Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:29:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686622
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Z-Day 004 -Thor's Journal -Somethings Afoot at the Circle K  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
Z-Day 004 -Thor's Journal -Somethings Afoot at the Circle K
« on: November 26, 2014, 11:58:18 PM »
Z-Day 004 - Thor's Journal
Day Three - Somethings Afoot at the Circle K
an ATZ FFO Batrep

Day 1 http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=73105.0
Day 2 http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=73108.0
Day 3 http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=73135.0

After another evening spent listening to gunshots, sirens and helicopters, while watching unbelievable news reports from around the world, the realization this might not be over soon was starting to sink in. Monday dawned and classes were canceled for Gwyn, HR emailed me our office would be closed and Stark said, 'Screw it." We took stock of what we had and decided maybe a run out around midday to the Circle K around the corner to top off supplies. What had me worried most was that we weren't hearing anything reassuring or helpful from the government, other than to stay off the streets and that the National Guard was being called up. Just after noon we headed out, taking the policeman's advice and leaving he Katanas at home. Gwyn had the tire iron while Stark and I had our pistols.

Thor, Gwyn & Stark head out. [once again I'm using a substitute mini for Gwyn, we really need to get her a gun]

The shortcut goes from Start to around the corner, across the burnt out building/empty lot and thru the alley to the Circle K.
[Red d10s are PEFs]

Around the closed coffee shop

Do you hear something around the corner?...

Oh Hi there. [a pair of Rep2 civies] We chitchat and move on.

Into the empty lot.

There seems to be some fresh gang tags over there. Swell...

Looks like there's something up on the street, we need to be careful.

We eased out of the alley.

in front of the Circle K was a little girl all by herself. That's not smart in this neighborhood in the best of times.

That's a relief, a policeman on foot patrol.

Good afternoon officer, yes we have permits.
He told us as he left to be careful, as there has been a lot of robberies around there lately.
[Encounter rating lowered by 1]

We talked to the little girl. Her name was Rebecca. [Rep 2 Civie]
Her Mom told her to wait here while she went to the ATM.
That was a long time ago. Gwyn asked if she would like us to help find her mother and Rebecca said yes.
Swell...
The Circle K was locked but Abu knew us and let us in. His usually tidy well stocked convenience store looked almost empty, but we were able to get;
Thor -Meds
Gwyn -Food
Stark -Luxury [another 12pack of diet cokes]

Now to make it home [PEFs reset]

We step out and as I hear Abu lock the door behind us I see trouble walking bold as brass to meet us.

A crew of gangbangers looking none to pleasant [gangers Reps shown in Red]
"Give us your shit and we'll let you walk," spat the big one in the middle.
I explained what he could do to himself and the trouble began.

Things got messy real quick [the d6s show the Insight checks ie same # activate simultaneously]

In the blink of an eye it was over.

The punk with a knife charged Stark while his girl shot, missing Stark.
Stark's Sig P220 put a single .45 hole into each.
The boss fired on me, clipping my shoulder and I fell onto my back.
The other girl fired on Gwyn, missing her.
Gwyn stepped up and applied her tire iron to the lead pipe pink's ear dropping him.
Gwyn them fled with Rebecca.

The boss then turned to Stark who dropped him with a single shot to the head.
The girl fired on me, missing thankfully.
Lying on my back I fired my Luger, hitting her once in the chest.

Getting up, my hands started to shake.
What calmed me down was the sound of Stark chuckling.
What so funny I asked.
We're walking around afraid of zombies and we get mugged. He replied with a grin.

The sound of police sirens could already be heard and we waited.
As tempting as those 3 pistols lying there were, we didn't touch them...
Our permits, Abu talking the Policeman's ears off and the fact that the gangers were known bad guys let us go home with a warning that detectives would be questioning us soon about this. When I asked about Rebecca, the cop told us that child welfare would call us. The officer we met earlier quietly warned us that these were some bad folks whose friends would probably come looking for us.
Great news all around...

Rebecca -Rep 2, Luxury Item [teddy bear], attribute-Runt

Well we got home without incident after the fight. I tried calling Rebecca's Mom's cell phone, but though service was up at the moment, no one answered so I left a voice mail. Rebecca seems to be a pretty swift kid who lives with her Mom a couple of blocks over, across from the old oriental garden and at the edge of the projects. We decided to try and take her home in the morning as we were all a bit rattled. and settled in for the night. Gwyn went to play Uno with Rebecca while Stark and I cleaned the pistols and watch the grim news. The power failed just after eight and we knew it would be a bad night. Once again the sounds outside made us thankful we were holed up safe. For now...

Another fun game that took me by surprise. 1st no zombies, granted it's still within days 1-10 but still... 2nd getting a rep2 and being attacked. 3rd Stark kicked butt and made his roll to Rep 5, good thing I didn't have to roll for keeping the group together this game. The number of the gangers scared me and I really feared the worst, but other than using Thor's star power to change a stunned to carry on when he went down, the dice favored the team. But how long can that hold on?

This was the last game in my free weekend, so it may be a couple of days before I can get to the next game,
Day 5 - There's No Place Like Home!

Thank you for looking and have an Great Thanksgiving!

« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 12:03:07 AM by Amalric »

Offline Baconfat

• Librarian
    • baconfatblog.blogspot.com
Re: Z-Day 004 -Thor's Journal -Somethings Afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 01:02:00 AM »
It looks like you may have killed Amanda Waller!  She WAS one of my favorite DC characters, only third to Peacemaker and Deadshot.