Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:43:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686439
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 801
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Question about Mirliton Fantasy Warriors miniatures  (Read 7226 times)

Offline Dr. Moebius

• Scientist
  • - per aspera ad astra -
Question about Mirliton Fantasy Warriors miniatures
« on: February 23, 2015, 10:08:46 AM »
Hello,

a few weeks ago I bought some Fantasy Warriors miniatures from forlon hope games.
I ordered a few blisters from the fighting men range to be used as mercenaries for fantasy games.

I was really disapointed. The casting quality was not good and some of the miniatures seem to have the beginning of lead rot (which really suprised me as they sell them as new castings). I wrote them that I was not happy with my order but sadly didn't get an answer.

Before spending my money elsewhere I just like to ask if one can tell me about the quality of castings done by Mirliton. As they have the molds from the old Grenadier ranges as well, I'm not quiet sure if the quality is as crisp as the old Grenadier miniatures.

Please let me know. Many thanks.

Cheers
Dr. Moebius
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:37:17 AM by Dr. Moebius »

Offline Stahlfürst

• Assistant
Re: Question about Mirliton Fantasy Warriors miniatures
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 11:01:12 AM »
I had the same experience with some wood elves I ordered from EM4. They required much cleanup, some were even brittle. I suspected them to be old castings.

I also had several blisters from Mirliton (wood elves and future warriors) and they were all fine.

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 11:27:31 AM »
Never had a problem with Milton stuff ( there is a UK supplier but can't remeber the name). I have tried the ones from em4 or forlorn games

Offline Drunkendwarf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 11:39:42 AM »
............................( there is a UK supplier but can't remeber the name)....................................

I think you meant this one:
http://miniature-heroes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=462_463&zenid=5ea00343b955865fdffa8d008963278f

DJ

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 11:51:10 AM »
 If they are still using the old moulds and have not done new one's that maybe the reason for them being bad castings.They are a quite old range now.

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 12:14:53 PM »
I had a similar sitation about two years ago with em4's future warrior range, got two miscasts, emailed them up and got two replacements free of charge a few days later. Guess the molds are going.

Offline Garanhir

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 12:37:35 PM »
Vexillia will supply Mirliton fantasy but have to order in as they carry no stock, which can take a while as they order in periodically.

I've not ordered direct from Milton myself but am interested 8n some of the new figures; anyone have any experience with lead times?

I have used Forlorn Hope myself and had no problems with miscasts so far.  One or two stock figures showed a little oxidation (not lead rot, which is carbonation), but that's no more a problem than a bit of mould talc.  Dip an old toothbrush into a household kitchen cleaner (no vinegar,  mind you, an alkaline one- I use Mr Muscle) and give them a brush, and they come up a treat. Oxidation doesn't threaten your miniature, as lead oxide forms in much the same way as alumina.
A life without festivity is a long road without an inn.
-Democritus

Offline WitchfinderGeneral

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 01:16:37 PM »
I have ordered ex-Grenadier minis (Fantasy Warriors) directly from Mirliton several times and never had major issues. I remember some of the small goblins sitting on that huge "goblin giant" had some miscasts. But the single figures were all good. That being said, my last order is about 2 years ago - maybe their moulds wearing out.
"I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"
"Uh, I better look in the manual... This book must be out of date. I don't see "Prussia", "Siam" or "autogyro"...

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 01:58:08 PM »
We've ordered mostly Fantasy Warrior orcs from Mirliton and were happy with the quality. However, we got 3 of a set that were not the archers pictured and were promised the correct ones by mail but never received them. We are in USA, could have been lost in the post...

Our last order from them was about a year ago too, but the turn-around time was not bad. It took 3 weeks from submitting the order to opening the package.

hth,
Jevenkah

Offline Dr. Moebius

• Scientist
  • - per aspera ad astra -
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 02:53:56 PM »
Thanks a lot for your time to answer my question.

Mirliton seems to be a good choice to get my hands on the Fantasy Warriors miniatures.

Cheers

Dr. Moebius

Offline LotB

• Scientist
    • NARAN TEAM TURIN
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 08:15:36 AM »
We, Naran TEAM, we recently purchased many miniatures of Samurai Orcs and Lizardmen (ex Grenadier) from Mirliton, and I can assure you that they are all of excellent quality, as well as those purchased in the past  of the same Fantasy Warriors range.
Sergio

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 12:36:38 AM »
I'd try and get in touch with Forlorn hope again and see about getting replacements.  My buddy has ordered from them with no problem and all my orders from EM4 have been flawless.

Merliton is a good company as well, but the cost plus shipping makes it less desire-able for those of us who are stateside.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 06:27:47 AM »

That's one of their chaos warriors. I have the rest and the Mirliton Grenadier castings are good. I also have two of the barbarian tiger riders and they are tight.
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 07:15:32 AM »
I've ordeerd from forlorn hope. They are really nice to deal with. I wanted just a tiger rider not the tiger and they made that happen. The castings were mostly good just the barbarian giant (small) was pretty bad with mold lines but that may have been due to worn out molds which I think they had stated.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2015, 12:36:27 PM »
Merliton is a good company as well, but the cost plus shipping makes it less desire-able for those of us who are stateside.

Mirliton does offer a quantity discount, tiered over price levels, that may make it tempting to do a group order with your gaming club. We put together 2 bigger orders when we purchased, and the discount almost zeroed out the shipping.

Jevenkah