Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 03:37:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696243
  • Total Topics: 118752
  • Online Today: 459
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Battle For Dos Angeles  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
Battle For Dos Angeles
« on: March 15, 2015, 12:45:59 PM »
Back in the days, when I started my venture into alternative gaming and my gaming group and I played a lot of post apocalypse style games, we had quite a loose setting where almost everything could (and would) happen. I really think we had a lot of great games and an interesting storyline going on, but eventually things died and we moved onto other genres.

The main problem used to be the rules. Whatever we tried out there always seemed to be something not quite right. But still we had a lot of fun and I always thought it was a shame we never did more in the genre.

It all probably just comes down to finding some rules that basically works out and tweak it to our own gaming needs. So recently I have been reading up on the Nuclear Renaissance rules from Ramshackle Games again and we decided to give it another go.

For this games I set up a Phagon cloning station in the city of Dos Angeles. The cloning station has been working illegally for some time, but the local law enforcement, represented by Inquisitor Gar and his corrupt posse of Marines and Squats, was not satisfied with the amount of bribes and decides to show and example by destroying some cloning tanks in the outskirts of the city.

The Phagon cloning station at Dos Angeles

Inquisitor Gar arrives in a massive Iron Grumbler making a lot of noise and making sure everyone hears him make his entry.

An Ambull quickly pops out of the ground disturbed by the noise.

The alerted Phagons get some Ambull love too.

Ambulls everywhere.

Inquisitor Gar disembarks the Iron Grumbler and runs for cover on the left flank while the Iron Grumbler rams a cluster of smokestacks from the underground facilities.

An abominable Running Ripper chages towards the Iron Grumbler.

And a PSI Wolf try to fend of the Inquisitor.

The Piscean Warrior hide in a building.

Ram!

The Running Ripper was gunned down and as Dr. Brain runs to the aid of his beloved pet he gets run down by the Iron Grumbler.

Meanwhile the Piscean Warrior has been gunning down the Inquisitorial Medic and Inquisitor Gar himself, but the last Marine decides to still blow up some cloning tanks.

This Ambull was beaten to the ground by twin powerfists!

PSI Wolf enters the Iron Grumbler.

In the end only a few models was left on the table and only the Iron Grumbler was left on the Inquisitorial side. Trying to run ram another cloning tank but failing in the attempt. Unfortunately Inquitor Gar and his men had forgotten to close the hatch when they left the tank and a PSI Wolf jumped on the tank, into it and ate the driver.

In conclusion the game was quite fun and the rules worked out ok. We made a few mistakes along the way and I am sure things will be even better in future games of Nuclear Renaissance.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Battle For Dos Angeles
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 01:43:41 PM »
Sme old school cool there  8)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 11:24:50 PM »
Excellent!

Offline Gun bunny

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 01:34:43 AM »
love the rougey-ness of the participants  :D :D :D

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 10:06:23 PM »
Nice report. Nice to see a good mix of minis and vehicles on some old-school terrain.

Our club also has established a setting, the "Galactic Frontier" in which to locate the wide variety of sci-fi games we play.  It covers everything from Post Apoc up to space battles: http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/p/galactic-frontier-homebrew-sci-fi.html

We've used Nuc Ren for post apoc and like you we also experimented with it as a sci-fi rules engine (various batreps at the blog above). Though we've been recently playtesting a member's sci-fi ruleset, I think NucRen did a pretty good job as well.  Though some bits of the rules are a bit ambiguous, it's fun and quite flexible, and there's alot of stuff in the "tome of Tridlins" expansion to dig into.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:39:35 PM by eilif »

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 12:20:51 PM »
Thanks for all the comments.

Our club also has established a setting, the "Galactic Frontier" in which to locate the wide variety of sci-fi games we play.  It covers everything from Post Apoc up to space battles: http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/p/galactic-frontier-homebrew-sci-fi.html

Nice link, thanks for sharing.