Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:00:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10485
  • Latest: Zombiu
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694581
  • Total Topics: 118617
  • Online Today: 644
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blackwater Gulch News  (Read 23889 times)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
Re: Blackwater Gulch - Savage Beasts Expansion
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 05:43:35 PM »
Actually both :) I was going to just release them but I decided to do a short 2-week Kickstarter in July kind of as a preorder just to get these initial beasts funded, with stretch goals for other beasts to try and get them funded ahead of time too. Either way they would be available probably around September or October, and anything we unlock with stretch goals would be "wave 2" items that ship later on, probably around December or so.
Blackwater Gulch - Gangfights in the Old West

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 02:46:21 PM »
Here’s a high res 3D render of the Werecatcher so you can see the detail better. You can click for the large version.

I’m going to hold off on getting it printed until I get the sculpt for the monster hunter so I can get both done at the same time. So that will be later this month.

Planning out the Kickstarter now though. I’ll have all of the original models available as add-ons, but I’m going to have to charge for shipping after the fact since there will be so many different minis and everyone’s pledge will likely be different, it’s not like a boxed game where you can easily calculate that ahead of time. I do plan to have EU friendly shipping though, since Game Salute/ShipNaked has a UK warehouse we can ship to.

At first I was going to have it were every $50 you pledge gets you a free hired gun or artillery piece of your choice. But with the previous campaigns I know there’s folks out there that already have all the hired guns, so what I thought I’d do instead is every $50 in a pledge earns a $5 bonus, and you can use that bonus cash in the pledge manager to put toward other models or toward shipping.

I’ll probably just have 2 pledge levels though, I’m assuming the werewolf starter pack will be $20, but may be $25 since there’s 6 minis and they’re a little bigger the the average man, have to wait and see what the prices are when I get the masters. So I’d have a pledge for $20 or $25 for just the werewolf, plus another one for $50 or $55 that gets you the werewolves, 1 human gang, 1 rulebook and 1 savage beasts book, like a 2-player starter set. Maybe slightly higher to include the monster hunter and werecatcher too? But I want to keep it simple, no crazy pledges with building kits or anything like that like we did before.

If we’re able to get to the stretch goals for other beasts I may add other pledge levels to include even more, but I imagine most people will be picking a lot of different add-on items. In the end I’ll be using my online store as my pledge manager, and your pledge + bonus will be treated like store credit, like I did for Mechadrome. So the pledge manager will be open to anyone, but you’ll only get the bonus cash if you pledge in the Kickstarter :)

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 06:27:30 AM »
Awesome. I picked up 2 factions (Firefly and the one with the cannon) and Shamus , Doc and Clint Eastwood.
I may wait on getting the Natives and Mexicans during the KS.

Will we be able to get the new cards in the KS?

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 05:11:34 PM »

And yes I'll have the cards ready to go. I’m going to have Outlaw, Lawmen, hired Guns and Beast card packs as add-on items. They’ll be pretty cheap, but not sure what the price will be just yet. Also thought about doing it as one big “2015” deck rather than separate packs. I thought the smaller packs would be easier for some folks that might not want every single card. Haven’t decided yet. I guess I could always do the 4 packs, and then a discounted bundle price for all 4?

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 05:17:13 PM »
That wrecatcher could be used for rattlers too!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 05:39:55 PM »
That wrecatcher could be used for rattlers too!

Small ones maybe, perhaps around the salt flats  ;)
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 02:39:00 PM »
I just posted a few photos from our Origins demos over on my blog here:

http://www.gangfightgames.com/2015/06/10/photos-from-origins/

Thanks again to Porkuslime for running so many great demos and introducing a bunch of new gang leaders to Blackwater Gulch (and getting me a bunch of sales this week :p )

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 02:37:55 PM »
Howdy folks!

We just posted another new rulebook update, with a few minor tweaks & corrections, plus info for the new profession, the Moonshiner. Because gangs love booze.

We’ve also update ALL previous character cards PDFs to the new version, and will be offering print-on-demand versions soon (waiting to get my preview copies to see how they look). There are also playtest cards for the Savage Beasts faction now as well, plus playtest cards for a few new hired guns and the Werecatcher. Also, all previous gang members have been promoted to professionals, so there will be a lot more variety in your gangs now.

You can download everything on our downloads page here:

http://www.gangfightgames.com/blackwater-gulch/rules/

We also have some new concept art to share for our Bandit henchmen pack. Again, these are going to be the generic no-name townsfolk that you can use to bulk up your gang. Each henchman type will have 1 of all the same weapon, in this case, the Bandits all have pistols. Hopefully these guys will be unlocked in our Kickstarter in August.

More to come :)

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 05:52:17 PM »
Things are shaping up and we finally have the master metal figures in house and are painting them up now to get ready for the Kickstarter in a few weeks!

In the meantime, here are some alternate Werewolves with ranged weapons, these guys will be the first stretch goal in the campaign along with the Werecatcher artillery piece.

The painted masters should be finished in a week or so, I’ll share photos of them as soon as they’re ready. After that, we’ll get the updated rulebook finished up with diagrams and photos, then we’ll be ready to launch the campaign.

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 01:34:16 AM »
Here's a pic of the painted werewolves and chupacabras, you can click to enlarge :)

I'm expecting the Kickstarter to be in about 2 weeks or so if all goes well :)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 06:08:36 PM »
Looking interesting. I'm happy with shootin' and fightin' amongst human gangs, but some adding some monsters might be fun on occasion. Feels very Deadlands-like to me.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 06:28:34 PM »
Feels very Deadlands-like to me.

That's what I'd be doing with them.

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 06:40:19 AM »
I need to get my hands on those Chupacabras. They are awesome!  :o
(Might fit as well as some Death Claws from Fallout  8))

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 04:36:50 PM »

And yes they should be good for Deadlands and lots of other games too.

I know lots of folks use the models for lots of different games which is why I also decided to not include character cards anymore, it makes packaging cheaper for me too since I don't have to fit a card in every clamshell. I'm going to be using Wargame Vault for print-on-demand for the folks that want nicer cards, and a free PDF for folks that would rather print out their own.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 05:36:13 PM »
Sadly it's been a while since we played BWG, but I do love the game. I suppose for some, adding the weird is a big draw, but I'm happy with cowboys shooting it out. I'll be watching the new rules with interest however.