Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:04:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690628
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15cm sFH Lorraines, 21st PD finished  (Read 105498 times)

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: 1/72 Char B1s finished and more 3D prints
« Reply #376 on: March 06, 2023, 11:45:21 PM »
Yes. All from free Thingiverse files.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: 1/72 Char B1s finished and more 3D prints
« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2023, 07:18:20 AM »
Hi guys

This first batch of Hungarian vehicles is finished (all but the basing) the 2 unpainted cars will be added to the next Hungarian vehicle batch, the crew commanders in the Csaba Armoured cars are AB Italian tankers, the helmet and cut of the uniform was pretty similar and they make pretty good Hungarian crews. I’m pretty happy with how they turned out.
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/03/172-hungarian-vehicles-finished.html

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: Hungarian vehicles finished
« Reply #378 on: March 07, 2023, 07:39:27 AM »
Ithe trucks look great and the tankers and painting are excellent, but the Csaba prints are not working for me. There is 'prominent rivets' and 'scale soup-plates'.

Wish Night Sky or Arvernes did Hungarian vehicles.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #379 on: March 07, 2023, 08:38:43 AM »
Ithe trucks look great and the tankers and painting are excellent, but the Csaba prints are not working for me. There is 'prominent rivets' and 'scale soup-plates'.

Wish Night Sky or Arvernes did Hungarian vehicles.
Yes, unfortunately, the rivets are over scale, the stl is made for printing at 1/100, maybe they look better at that scale, there is a paid for stl that has better rivets, but I wasn’t aware of it at the time I printed and had started painting these, I may re do them down the track, but I’m notoriously lazy, so probably won’t.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #380 on: March 07, 2023, 10:34:33 AM »
Yes, unfortunately, the rivets are over scale, the stl is made for printing at 1/100, maybe they look better at that scale, there is a paid for stl that has better rivets, but I wasn’t aware of it at the time I printed and had started painting these, I may re do them down the track, but I’m notoriously lazy, so probably won’t.

Who does the paid for model do you know?

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #383 on: March 07, 2023, 08:38:49 PM »
They look really great!
the crew commanders in the Csaba Armoured cars are AB Italian tankers, the helmet and cut of the uniform was pretty similar and they make pretty good Hungarian crews
The first real tanks of Hungary were Italian made Ansaldo tankettes, with those the Italian tanker gear (leather suit and helmet) also came, and was used on other vehicles too. Even Hungarian motorbike soldiers used this Italian tanker gear a lot.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #384 on: March 07, 2023, 08:40:29 PM »
They look really great!The first real tanks of Hungary were Italian made Ansaldo tankettes, with those the Italian tanker gear (leather suit and helmet) also came, and was used on other vehicles too. Even Hungarian motorbike soldiers used this Italian tanker gear a lot.
Ah, that makes sense, thanks for the info.

Offline Freddy

• Mastermind
    • My blog
« Reply #385 on: March 07, 2023, 09:13:16 PM »
Ah, that makes sense, thanks for the info.
One more thought. Although the leather jacket and trousers were used by every Hungarian tanker, I've never seen the Italian helmet used with a German-made tank (incluting Pz38(t) ). My guess is that it was not compatible with the German comm equipment.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #386 on: March 07, 2023, 09:36:40 PM »
One more thought. Although the leather jacket and trousers were used by every Hungarian tanker, I've never seen the Italian helmet used with a German-made tank (incluting Pz38(t) ). My guess is that it was not compatible with the German comm equipment.
Hmmm, interesting, thanks.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #387 on: March 08, 2023, 09:25:07 AM »
Hi guys

My next mini project is a bicycle recon company for my Luftwaffe field division, these Luftwaffe units were extremely poorly equipped, trained and lead, they were a microcosm of everything wrong with the German military system, a dysfunctional competitive power structure trying to field combat units without the knowledge, equipment or infrastructure, wasting huge numbers of top quality manpower that was needed to bolster desperate Heer units, these Luftwaffe units were under strength, instead of fielding a recon battalion they fielded a recon company generally mounted on bicycles, instead of ignoring these poor units I’m going to enjoy building 1, the miniatures were bought from here www.wargaming3d.com Due to their poor performance these units were taken from Luftwaffe control and given to the Heer, so ended up wearing fieldgrey uniforms, but they did start out wearing fieldblue Luftwaffe uniforms, and I want them to stand apart from other German troops so will paint them in fieldblue, I’m adding the Luftwaffe camo jacket by removing the chest pockets (that applies for Luftwaffe field blouses to) lengthening it, and I’ll add front hip pockets, they are nice figures, but I added bigger collars, as their collars are quite small with little detail, they also lack a bit of personal equipment, so will be adding water bottles, gasmask containers, and mess tins, then I’ll mount them and paint. Looking at a way I can print the bikes without riders, so I can model the troops dismounted.
Have added a pic next to an AB figure for a size comparison, printed the figure as 25mm tall to top of head.
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/03/next-mini-project-german-bicycle-troops.html

Online Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: WIP German bicycle troops
« Reply #388 on: March 09, 2023, 11:07:32 AM »
Bicycles have never looked so good in miniature form since the introduction of 3D printers into the hobby 8)

These look ace, and I'd be interested in seeing how they would scale up to 28mm, Especially when you're able to have loose bikes.

I reckon a pile of bikes in the rear is all one needs to represent bike mounted troops in a combat situation; they usually dismounted before engaging after all.

This is mostly because I eventually want to add bike mounted troops to my early war Dutch, and a simple bunch of loose bikes would help get that across.

One thing I did just see though; some of the bikes have their sprockets on the left and others on the right. Was this a deliberate thing, or did you just flip certain files to create variety? Because as far as I know, all sprockets should be on the right...

Great work though; can't wait to see them painted!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 11:09:47 AM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: WIP German bicycle troops
« Reply #389 on: March 09, 2023, 12:55:20 PM »
Bicycles have never looked so good in miniature form since the introduction of 3D printers into the hobby 8)

These look ace, and I'd be interested in seeing how they would scale up to 28mm, Especially when you're able to have loose bikes.

I reckon a pile of bikes in the rear is all one needs to represent bike mounted troops in a combat situation; they usually dismounted before engaging after all.

This is mostly because I eventually want to add bike mounted troops to my early war Dutch, and a simple bunch of loose bikes would help get that across.

One thing I did just see though; some of the bikes have their sprockets on the left and others on the right. Was this a deliberate thing, or did you just flip certain files to create variety? Because as far as I know, all sprockets should be on the right...

Great work though; can't wait to see them painted!
Good pick up, yes I have mirrored some poses, the set I bought only had 4 poses in it, hadn’t thought of the chain, I wonder if I can cut them off and relocate to the correct side, I’ll check that out, I bought the stl’s for seperate bikes, so set for that.
Oh and the files were in 28mm when I bought them, so I presume they would print well at that scale.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 12:57:09 PM by Gunner Dunbar »