Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:43:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15cm sFH Lorraines, 21st PD finished  (Read 105547 times)

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: WIP German bicycle troops
« Reply #390 on: March 09, 2023, 01:11:04 PM »
Possibly worth asking the vendor if they could supply files with rider and bikes separately. But there are always things you miss when mirroring
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: WIP German bicycle troops
« Reply #391 on: March 10, 2023, 05:37:57 AM »
Hi guys

An update on my 1/72 Luftwaffe field division recon troops, they are almost ready to undercoat, I’m thinking of adding stowage to the racks, and need to grit the bases. The pack I bought had STLs for 4 poses, wanting more variation I mirrored the poses to make 8, the lack of personal equipment made that easy, however I forgot about the bicycle chain, which should be on the right hand side, so I had to relocate those to the correct side, I’ve done a couple of head swaps, added personal equipment, added the longer camo coat, added bigger collars and shoulder straps and given them a leader, he won’t be an officer, he’ll be a senior NCO,  I’ll add a staff car with officer to lead these troops later, I bought another couple of poses, so will print them out, and I’ll make up an LMG team, then I’ll do dismounted troops, I’ve also bought the STL for the bikes on their own, which can be scattered around when they dismount to fight, for Chain of command I’ll make some patrol markers with dropped bikes on them.
Heaps more pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/03/wip-german-lwfd-bicycle-recon-company.html

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: Update on WIP German bicycle troops
« Reply #392 on: March 10, 2023, 07:30:34 AM »
That's a lot of prep, but they look fantastic. Luftwaffe Field Bicycle Platoon eh?  Whatever next?

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #393 on: March 10, 2023, 08:08:27 AM »
That's a lot of prep, but they look fantastic. Luftwaffe Field Bicycle Platoon eh?  Whatever next?
Yeah the LW field divisions were very poorly equiped, the division only got a recon company rather than a battalion, and was usually equipped with bicycles, rather than MCs or armoured cars.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #394 on: March 11, 2023, 03:50:02 AM »
Hi guys

As a kid one of my favourite TV shows was Hogans heroes, along with mash, dads army, it ain’t half hot mum, allo allo, and a lot of others of that flavour, I always imagined what it would have been like for Klink and Schultz if they had stuffed up one to many times and finally been sent to the Russian front, and for a long time now I have had a project rattling around my head.

One day I am browsing Simons Soldiers site, and in the volksturm range I spy this fat guy in a greatcoat, and think he may be a good starting figure for Schults, so the hunt was on for the perfect Col Klink figure, he had to have the right uniform cut and pose, no heroic combat pose for Klink, I found him in the AB DaK range, 3rd from the left in the AB group pic, I wanted him hatless, so you can see he is bald, and I wanted him to have a monocle and riding crop, these 2 figures are the whole reason for me doing a Luftwaffe field division force, and are the centre piece to that army, I have also bought but not yet printed a greatcoatless fat German soldier STL to see how that would go as Schultz, I’ll make him up as well.

What about basing? I try to make my forces universal, so they can be used for many rule sets, I see Klink and Schulz as being symbiotic, and feel they should be based together on 1 base, I can’t see Schulz of leading men in combat, so don’t think I’d use him as an individual leader, he’s more a very slow runner, dispensing Col Klinks incoherent orders off to be deciphered by more capable NCOs, maybe I’ll make that second 3D Schultz and base separately if needed.

They might not be convincing as the bumbling duo yet, but they will be after painting I hope, thoughts?
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/03/col-klink-and-sgt-schultz-in-172-ready.html
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 03:54:02 AM by Gunner Dunbar »

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: 1/72 Colonel Klink and Sgt Schultz ready for paint.
« Reply #395 on: March 14, 2023, 08:01:41 AM »
 Hi guys

These guys have been sitting on the shelf half painted calling out “monsieur, mon ami, please finish us” and I have been ignoring them for a long time, but gave them a little love today, another good session and they will be finished, they are mostly Simon Soldiers lovely French with some Early war miniatures mixed in, which mix pretty well, pretty sure the guns are EWM as well.
Lots more pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/03/wip-20mm-wwii-french-infantry.html

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: WIP 20mm French infantry
« Reply #396 on: March 17, 2023, 06:16:59 AM »
Hi guys

20mm WWII French infantry all but finished, just need to do some fine detail on the officers and NCO, then add foliage to the bases and I’m done, pictured here with their Char B1s. Some soft skins are on the French list to finish next.
Heaps more pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/03/172-wwii-french-infantry-finished.html

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: 20mm WWII French infantry finished
« Reply #397 on: March 18, 2023, 09:48:18 AM »
They look great!

I do like the look of early war French forces, and these are both nice figures and very well painted and presented. I do like the poses of the infantry, with the poilou pressing forward, and the officer stood upright in his rouge kepi!

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #398 on: March 18, 2023, 09:55:06 AM »
French look great, but I’m mighty impressed with the green stuff mods above, it’s hard enough on 28mm minis….never mind 20mm!

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #399 on: March 18, 2023, 11:02:53 AM »
French look great, but I’m mighty impressed with the green stuff mods above, it’s hard enough on 28mm minis….never mind 20mm!
Thanks gents, I’ve done a LOT of conversions over the years, would have to be at least a thousand figures, probably more.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #400 on: March 20, 2023, 07:06:41 AM »
Hi guys

Started the next batch of vehicles 2 x Somua S35s (for a client) and 4 x Trippel SG6s for my own projects, 2 will go to my fictional SS KG Danl, the other 2 will go to my 21st Pz D project, also finished some crews for some various armoured vehicles that need them, and a bunch of AB dismounted crew, for when I need bailed out crews.
More pic here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/03/next-set-of-vehicles-and-some-crew.html

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
Re: WIP Trippels and S35s
« Reply #401 on: March 20, 2023, 02:36:22 PM »
The camo scheme on the Trippels is ace!  :)
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #402 on: March 20, 2023, 09:46:39 PM »
Thanks mate

Offline MaleGriffin

• Mastermind
  • Don't bother running.... You'll just die tired....
« Reply #403 on: March 22, 2023, 02:23:20 AM »
Fantastic figures! Masterful brushwork!
Hoc quoque transibit
Sanguinem sistit semper

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #404 on: March 22, 2023, 09:14:42 AM »
Fantastic figures! Masterful brushwork!
Thanks mate.