Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:02:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686495
  • Total Topics: 118103
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: This weeks progress 21st PD project  (Read 97239 times)

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Re: WIP Hungarian infantry
« Reply #345 on: February 14, 2023, 08:02:06 AM »
LOL, do it, you know you want to.

You know I will.. at some stage.. just for the support options you know.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Freddy

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #346 on: February 14, 2023, 09:53:50 PM »
Great looking models!

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #347 on: February 19, 2023, 05:32:18 AM »
 Hi guys

Prepping the next batch of vehicles for base coating, 1 tray of vehicles (the tray with the 3 sticks of French infantry) is a commission, the rest is for myself, got to build the Matchbox Monty’s caravan kit for a client, came in the original matchbox box to, a bit of work in that old kit, brought back fond memories, built a lot of matchbox kits as a kid.

For this weeks 3D printing I concentrated on some light artillery for my various projects, I think I messed up the scaling of the 88mm puppchen wheels, they look far to small, so going to have to re print those, but the ski version turned out nice, the ski version will be split between my winter FJs and winter Heer, the wheeled puppchen will go to my Normandy FJs, the 75mm GebIG 18 mountain guns will go to my Gebirgjagers, the IG18s will go to my early Heer, the half tracks will go to my 21st Pz Div, not sure who will end up with the Nebelwerfers, but they looked cool, so printed them, I’m sure I’ll find a home for them
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/02/prepping-next-spray-job-and-this-weeks.html
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 06:21:16 AM by Gunner Dunbar »

Offline FreakyFenton

• Mastermind
Re: Next batch for base coating and 3D printed German light Arty
« Reply #348 on: February 19, 2023, 05:21:16 PM »
This thread seriously makes me consider getting a 3d printer.  lol

Apart from that great work and as ever looking forward to seeing the painted examples eventually!  :)
"No human being would stack books like -that-!" -Dr. Peter Venkman

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #349 on: February 19, 2023, 08:32:06 PM »
This thread seriously makes me consider getting a 3d printer.  lol

Apart from that great work and as ever looking forward to seeing the painted examples eventually!  :)
It’s like the worlds slowest avalanche, maybe glacial migration.

Offline CapnJim

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Gainfully unemployed and lovng it!
« Reply #350 on: February 21, 2023, 04:12:31 PM »
Your progress and output in this project amazes me.  Well done!
"Remember - Incoming Fire Has the Right-of-Way"

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #351 on: February 21, 2023, 08:52:16 PM »
Your progress and output in this project amazes me.  Well done!
Thanks, sometimes my wheels seem to spin

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #352 on: February 22, 2023, 09:53:22 AM »
Hi guys

Got a big batch base coated today, it was a cooler day here in Queensland, not all of it mine, the desert yellow, and all of the Panzer grey (except the Styre), all of the infantry and some of the French vehicles are on commission, it’s all far from done, but at least the ball is rolling on some of these French vehicles. But now the number of base coated vehicles is starting to build, not enough hours in the day.
Heaps more pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/02/base-coating-some-wwii-french-vehicles.html

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: Some French vehicles finally base coated.
« Reply #353 on: February 24, 2023, 05:32:26 AM »
Hi guys

Finished these on commission (all except the 2 Hungarian Pak 36s and Styre 1500 command car, which are mine) there’s Monty’s Caravan (Leyland Retriever) and Daimler Dingo scout car, and the Monty vignette all matchbox, the Sdkfz 231 and 263s are PSC, 3x bikes/sidecars are Zvezda, not sure who makes the resin Pz I and 2, or the heavy gun (metal), the Pak crew and French infantry are all Simons Soldiers.

Next in my personal projects, finishing my Hungarian vehicles, they need basing and crews added.
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/02/20mm-wwii-commission-finished.html

Offline Freddy

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
Re: Another batch painted
« Reply #354 on: February 24, 2023, 08:25:02 PM »
So cool!
Note for the Hungarians: camouflaged helmet covers only appear in some films shot back home, there is no evidence of using such things on the front. Camo clothing only appeared as custom tailored jackets for some officers late war, the common soldier only carried the camouflaged tent-poncho (standard equipment in all periods, here shown on the spotter of the camo Pak), sometimes that was used as an overcoat. There was no other camo clothing used in any period of the war.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #355 on: February 24, 2023, 10:07:27 PM »
So cool!
Note for the Hungarians: camouflaged helmet covers only appear in some films shot back home, there is no evidence of using such things on the front. Camo clothing only appeared as custom tailored jackets for some officers late war, the common soldier only carried the camouflaged tent-poncho (standard equipment in all periods, here shown on the spotter of the camo Pak), sometimes that was used as an overcoat. There was no other camo clothing used in any period of the war.
Thanks for that, I’ve only got a couple of covered helmets in the whole group, not to worried, I’ll be adding a couple of tent cover capes to some figures.

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #356 on: February 24, 2023, 10:56:40 PM »
Very impressive work the artillery and Panzer II are particularly lovely.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #357 on: February 25, 2023, 05:31:55 AM »
Hi guys

Did some work on these Char B1s today, they are mostly mine, the 2 on the far back right are 3D printed and are for a customer, the rest are mine, the 2 at the back left are trumpeter, the front right is Matchbox, and front left is a diecast pre built/painted, I have just given that one a pin wash, it’s a vehicle of the 15th Char Battalion, 3rd company, so doing all the other Chars from the same unit, I’m using this very useful site for info http://www.chars-francais.net/2015/index.php/classement-individuel/chars-b1-et-b1-bis
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2023/02/wip-172-french-char-b1s.html

Offline Freddy

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #358 on: February 25, 2023, 10:54:58 AM »
Thanks for that, I’ve only got a couple of covered helmets in the whole group, not to worried, I’ll be adding a couple of tent cover capes to some figures.
Custom helmet covers were common, but usually came in the form of a self-made wire or rope netting for leaves and grass.
Tent-poncho could be worn as a cape, if you do not manage to find a better reference I have a figure in my 1/35 thread showing how it was worn. Joining two together made a tent for two soldiers, but I am pretty sure that more skilled soldiers "acquired" a third one to make a more comfortable tent. The camo jackets and helmet covers mentioned also most likely were made from unused/damaged tent ponchos.
The positive side not using camo is that unlike for example Germans, most Hungarian figures fit all periods of the war, difference between periods come with the tanks used.

Nice work on the French tanks!

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #359 on: February 25, 2023, 01:39:12 PM »
Custom helmet covers were common, but usually came in the form of a self-made wire or rope netting for leaves and grass.
Tent-poncho could be worn as a cape, if you do not manage to find a better reference I have a figure in my 1/35 thread showing how it was worn. Joining two together made a tent for two soldiers, but I am pretty sure that more skilled soldiers "acquired" a third one to make a more comfortable tent. The camo jackets and helmet covers mentioned also most likely were made from unused/damaged tent ponchos.
The positive side not using camo is that unlike for example Germans, most Hungarian figures fit all periods of the war, difference between periods come with the tanks used.
Nice work on the French tanks!
Thanks mate