Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:32:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686500
  • Total Topics: 118104
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: This weeks progress 21st PD project  (Read 97254 times)

Offline bluewillow

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Bluewillow- Matthew Williamson
Re: 1/72 Stalingrad project part 4
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2021, 07:09:15 AM »
Any particular Romanian units? The units fighting to the south across the Don with 16th Panzer or on the northern flank with 21st Panzer?

Have you seen the Battlestorm Stalingrad series on YouTube ? It is fantastic for the campaign, he pulls together three or four books with a situation map. 

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNSNgGzaledi9jQeOzCUtBP2pxYdCYiXX

Cherrs
Matt

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2021, 09:28:38 AM »
No particular Romanian unit yet, I’ll research them a little later, but I’m doing the 14th Pz Div, I’ll watch that YouTube doco, thanks.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2021, 06:20:31 AM »
Hi guys

More work on my 1/72 Stalingrad German/Russian/Romanian project, have

1) detailed most stowage/tools (still have some details to do)

2) added a light mud wash

3) added a darker mud wash

4) added straight mud paint

5) panted the crews in the Romanian vehicles

6) mounted on their bases

Next I will be working on the crew figs, adding flock, finishing off any last details and I will be finished.
Heaps more pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2021/03/stalingrad-germanrussianromanian-172.html

Online Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Stalingrad German/Russian/Romanian project part 5
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2021, 08:09:45 AM »
You are a machine!  Great work fella, these are looking awesome!

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2021, 10:43:56 AM »
These are great I am amazed by you output you manage whole armies in the time it take me to do one vehicle and yours are a lot better standard than my efforts.
Can you tell me where you source the decals for the 231 in particular, I am painting one at the moment and only have enough for one armoured car. I take yours are PSC as well as my one?

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2021, 11:04:32 AM »
These are great I am amazed by you output you manage whole armies in the time it take me to do one vehicle and yours are a lot better standard than my efforts.
Can you tell me where you source the decals for the 231 in particular, I am painting one at the moment and only have enough for one armoured car. I take yours are PSC as well as my one?

Hi mate

I’ve been modelling for a long time, I collect and store all decals so have quite a stash.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2021, 06:22:57 AM »
Hi guys

I have painted up some 20mm FAA  Romanians, just need to flock the bases, these will supplement my plastic Romanians, converted from Hat WWI Germans and Hat Romanians, and I have made a start on construction of my next  project, early war French, all the grey vehicles are 3D printed, tanks are a mixture of Trumpeter Char B1s, Heller S35s, and Matchbox Ft-17s, I have another 8 s-model tanks coming in the mail, a mix of S35s and 38Hs, and I have a bunch of Simon Soldiers French which will supplement my plastic French figures.
Heaps more pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2021/03/172-romanian-infantry-and-start-on-my.html

« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 08:13:09 AM by Gunner Dunbar »

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
Re: Romanian Infantry and a start on my early French project
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2021, 07:43:29 AM »
Hi guys

Basing finished on my Romanians, this force was built around a platoon + sized force for Chain of Command, and I will now expand it to a Battalion + sized force for O group, a question, in the first pic, the figures on the left are metal FAA and those on the right are Hat plastic Romanians and converted WWI Germans to Romanians, which to you think are better? I'm leaning towards the plastic Hat figures, I have more of those I can add to the force, for more figures I'm thinking of either Shellhole scenics Romanians in greatcoats, or Strelets Romanians who are also dressed for winter, I have 2 more 38ts in the stash but will need more armour and guns from Shellhole scenics to fill the ranks.
Heaps more pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2021/03/wwii-romanian-force-so-far.html

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Re: WWII Romanian force so far
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2021, 11:13:03 AM »
Looking great :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
I sometime think plastic figures are better detailed than some metal figures and the weapons on plastic are more realistic size and not as chunky as metal
But I am afraid it is a personal prefrence thing usewhat you like the best.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2021, 11:19:54 AM »
Looking great :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
I sometime think plastic figures are better detailed than some metal figures and the weapons on plastic are more realistic size and not as chunky as metal
But I am afraid it is a personal prefrence thing usewhat you like the best.
Thanks, will be using both, but I pm preferring the plastic in this instance.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2021, 08:41:13 AM »
Hi guys

I'm half way through these German infantry for my Stalingrad project, have done the base coat and an oil wash, will do highlights next.

I have also started a terrain tile project, I bought this green teddy bear fur 6 years ago, and have used it as a gaming mat with scatter terrain laid over the top, but I wanted to give a tile terrain system a go, using cork floor tiles for a base, then foam to give depth, and the fur over the top which I will shape, I have a sand coloured fur on order for variety.
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2021/04/wip-german-stalingrad-infantry-and-wip.html

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: WIP Stalingrad German infantry and WIP Terrain tiles
« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2021, 03:04:20 PM »
I noticed that you have printed a lot of vehicles and have a resin printer.

I am quite interested in printing and just bought some Vietnam War AFV files on Kickstarter.

Which printer model do you have and is it easy to use?

Offline meyer

• Bookworm
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2021, 05:31:17 PM »
Hey, an impressive Stalingrad project!

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2021, 04:52:00 AM »
I noticed that you have printed a lot of vehicles and have a resin printer.

I am quite interested in printing and just bought some Vietnam War AFV files on Kickstarter.

Which printer model do you have and is it easy to use?
Hi mate

I have a creality Ld002R, it comes with a pre levelled printing plate, it’s very easy to use, but there is a learning curve, you need a slicing software like chitubox and when you slice your files you need to be aware of where you place your supports and what angle you have your objects leaning, also you will need to hollow out vehicles and put in drain holes, watch a few videos before you use the printer.

Offline Gunner Dunbar

• Mastermind
« Reply #164 on: April 03, 2021, 07:49:16 AM »
Hi guys

Done some more work on my teddy bear terrain tiles, it will be a general purpose board for all eras and genres, designed to fit 15mm-28mm, have shaved the dirt roads out with clippers, reduced the tyre ruts down with a long necked bbq lighter, I'll glue sand into the tyre ruts and paint brown, the long brown/white stripe on the right will be a river, I plan on filling it with clear resin after detailing the river bed, and will be shaping the grass in differant areas, and colouring it various greens/yellows/browns, I need to make more tiles with a single end to end road, have done enough t/y/x intersection, and will do more farming and plain fields, as well as some scatter hills and other terrain, plan on train tracks, houses to suit Russian, Normandy and some fantasy/Medieval buildings and a bridge accross the river as well as some shallow river crossings.
More pics here
https://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com/2021/04/wip-teddy-bear-terrain-tiles.html