Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:12:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Edge Chronicles - An new project?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
The Edge Chronicles - An new project?
« on: June 11, 2015, 10:24:39 AM »
I read this post by Argonor the other day

I really wish somebody would make a range of models based on Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell's work 'the Edge Chronicles'!  :)

and me myself was giving it a thought for a new/extra project as well for quite a while now. I'd like to make a start with it, but I'd rather have some other people join, so we could point eachother at mini's to use, share thoughts and mostly keep eachother at the project and help eachother not to drift away from the project :D

So is there any interest at all? :)
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Re: The Edge Chronicles - An new project?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 11:16:23 AM »
Don't believe I've heard of it before but a Google Image Search was rewarding and then some! I do like unusual fantasy. It's not a project I'll be taking on but I'm interested in seeing it done by other people :)
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 10:40:38 PM »
Could be interesting to approach the creators in regard to get a license/permission to make a minis range... 

Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 10:57:24 PM »
Could be interesting to approach the creators in regard to get a license/permission to make a minis range... 

Surely would be cool, judging by the mount of repies in this thread, there wouldn't be that much interest in a whole range though, I guess :D.

I could try sculpting some myself, but thusfar I'vent reached a very decent result hahaha. Converting some existinf minis could also be an option. Just have no idea where to start

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 11:09:56 PM »
I have been reading the books loud for my eldest daughter for the last year or so (I have ˝ hr reading session with both my kids almost every evening), and I read the Danish translation, so I have no idea what the various creatures are called in English - but the riding animals used by the Knights of the Academy and the Free Plains Lancers are very squig-like in appearance (just with 4 legs).

The academics of Sanctaphrax could be represented by all kinds of cultist models, just painted with the right colours/checks.

But the main problem would be, that many of the visual concepts are just too Unique to be proxied.

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 11:30:19 PM »
Yes I agree completely. I have read a translation as well, so neither know I any of the names in English.  I was thinking the wolves and bears could be converted,  and i was thinking maybe are their companies which have similar looking troll/goblin kinda creatures. But I've no idea.

I'll try to sculpt some creatures myself this weekend, i just have to decide what would be easiest to start with  :D