Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:17:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Copplestone Dwarves for Mayhem  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
15mm Copplestone Dwarves for Mayhem
« on: June 17, 2015, 09:55:44 PM »
Hey up,

I fairly recently got talking to Brent, the designer of the excellent Mayhem rules (http://bombshell-games.com/mayhem/) about reskinning the rules and using them for 6mm sci-fi stuff.

Anyway... having got stuck in to the rules that all went out the window, and now I'm working on some 15mm Copplestone dwarves and probably some Eureka man-orcs (still need to order those).

Here's the first mini (I'll finish the base edge and flock once he's varnished) - mounted on a round base as a general (scuse the brutal iPhone image)

I'm pretty pleased with him. I've started painting in (I think) the Foundry style recently - not washing a mid colour down (then reusing it as the first highlight) but working from a dark colour up, not using washes. It's definitely much quicker to get to this standard and I love it for fantasy stuff - I'm not sure I'd use this method for grittier sci-fi though. His boots blend in a bit much, so i might tweak those. His chainmail is much more silver in the flesh than the image, not sure what's happened there.

Anyhoo - currently working on some stands of warriors (3 wee blokes mounted on 40 x 20 renedra bases, there'll be two bases per unit for Mayhem) to show off.

C&C welcome.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: 15mm Copplestone Dwarves for Mayhem
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 10:13:34 PM »
Lovely painting on the wee guy.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 04:05:48 AM »
Anyway... having got stuck in to the rules that all went out the window, and now I'm working on some 15mm Copplestone dwarves and probably some Eureka man-orcs (still need to order those).

Heh! They do have that kind of pull, don't they?

Here's the first mini (I'll finish the base edge and flock once he's varnished) - mounted on a round base as a general (scuse the brutal iPhone image)

Sometimes I wish I could get as clear as that on my chunky nokia 1020 camera...

He looks good. I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of the foundry system, on 28mm minis, but on these smaller guys I think it looks fine.

Anyhoo - currently working on some stands of warriors (3 wee blokes mounted on 40 x 20 renedra bases, there'll be two bases per unit for Mayhem) to show off.

Just out of curiosity, why not 4-5 wee blokes on 50x25 renedra bases?

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 07:30:34 AM »
Just out of curiosity, why not 4-5 wee blokes on 50x25 renedra bases?

Thanks both. 40x20's because I had loads! I quite like the underwhelming look of the 40mm square with 6 blokes, reminds me of very old warhammer with only 2 ranks. I think 40mm frontage are compatible with other systems too (not certain though).

Offline Cosmotiger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 01:15:38 PM »
Very nice! I've just gotten into 15mm fantasy myself, and it's cool to see what other people are painting in that scale.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 08:06:47 PM »
Good answer! :D I wish my ocp let me use the loads of bases I somehow gathered. Not helped by Renedra starting to bring out black bases...

Looking forward to see the first based units, anyhow.

Offline VoodooInk

• Scientist
    • bombshell-games.com
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 01:01:31 AM »
That's a good looking mini and a nice start to your Armies of Mayhem! I like that you even included the woodgrain lines on the haft of the axe. Nice touch! ;)

Looking forward to watching this one come together. :)
'HAVOC... it's okay to wreak a little!'    <a href="http://www.bombshell-games.com/>bombshell games[/url]