Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:54:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Psyber's Super-Duper Dungeon (Warhammer Quest)  (Read 74654 times)

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
Re: Psyber's Super-Duper Dungeon (Warhammer Quest) Painting Log
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2015, 05:46:42 PM »
That's a true box-full-of-goodness. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it (and everything else, as a WHQ fan I love this thread). :)
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2015, 10:13:55 PM »
I was sad I was broke when that came around...I hope they have a good retail option.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2015, 03:22:12 PM »
Cheers guys - I'm really looking forward to painting some scenery, but I've got a long way to go yet ;)

Here's that test model I hinted at the other day - a humble Snotling! It was meant to be a fast and dirty paintjob using predominantly washes, but it didn't turn out so good, so I ended up painting him properly. Not sure how quick it'll be to paint another 11 like this  lol

Anyhow, I'm going to set it aside until I've got my Night Goblin contingent done at least.

I gave waaaay too much thought to the base - 25mm bases look far too big for the critters in the box. I had a look at 20mm rounds off eBay, and even had a go at sculpting some flagstones onto them, which looked okay but was pretty time consuming. Then I realised that trying to remove 12 bats and 12 tiny rat paws from their stands just to pin them to a base was insane. In the end I just left the little guy as he was and painted the base plain black, and actually I think it looks nice and tidy!

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2015, 09:43:29 AM »
Another weekend gone, another lot of minis finished. I now have all 12 Goblins required for a Level 1 Adventure.

Goblin Archers:

While I was at it, I painted a Night Goblin Champion up to act as a boss. Really fancied a go at doing the classic checkerboard pattern that you used to see on GW Orcs & Goblins back in the day. Quite pleased with how it turned out.

Close-up of that shield, which was weirdly hard to paint considering it's mostly one colour. Getting the hang of painting yellow now though!

I'm ashamed to say I've put off painting those Snotlings again, although I'm not quite done with greenskins yet. Hopefully more to show next week :)

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2015, 10:22:47 PM »
Got a sinking feeling that my updates may start getting sporadic. Tomorrow we go to pick up a puppy to join our little family. Mrs Psyberwyche is already eyeing up my hobby area for the puppy's playpen. I'm determined to stick to one update a week if humanly possible. Let's see who wins the turf war lol

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2015, 12:28:20 AM »
Time to elevate the hobby area...on stilts...and paint above the pup.  Problem solved.

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2015, 02:28:41 PM »
Time to elevate the hobby area...on stilts...and paint above the pup.  Problem solved.

So far no miniatures have been chewed - can't say the same for everything else lol

He has a weird phobia of black boxes, which means he sits and stares at my figure cases (and the barbecue outside), barks at them, then runs off. Weird little dog.

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2015, 05:04:55 PM »
Still on the greenskins kick, and not *totally* distracted by the new addition to the household, here's the fruits of my labour this bank holiday weekend - a metal Night Goblin Shaman. this is a model I had sitting around for ages, because I have a tatty old Orc & Goblin army for Warhammer, some of which I'm stripping and repainting for this project. I never got round to this one though, which is a shame because a very nice, crisp model to paint. Hope you like it!

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2015, 05:06:50 PM »
And a couple of detail shots for good measure, because this model has a ton of small details - the mushrooms and cauldron of fungus brew, and the tiny Snotling familiar are great touches!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2015, 03:35:43 AM »
Looks brilliant.  Good luck on those snotlings... lol

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2015, 08:36:00 AM »
Looks brilliant.  Good luck on those snotlings... lol

Are you suggesting I'm putting off painting the Snotlings? Well, the fact that I'm still painting, and the things on my desk *aren't* Snotlings, should tell you that you're absolutely right! lol

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2015, 09:52:15 AM »
Cracking work all around Psyberwyche! I've just spent the last wee while going through your thread. Thats sime great painting! My particular favourite has to be the dwarf. I love the colours you've achieved on the face! :-*

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2015, 11:52:34 AM »
Cheers AndyM! The Slayer was such a lovely model to paint. All the old metal models from that particular range had fantastic definition and character. I still need to get round to replacement heroes for the core box - Barbarian next I think, then Dwarf and Wizard.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2015, 02:28:57 PM »
FANTASTIC WORK on the Goblins...you captured their psycho persona quite nicely. VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2015, 08:34:25 AM »
Welp, I think I'm going to bring my Goblin painting to an end for the timebeing, so I decided to paint something a bit more wacky and fun. Enter the whirling loonies, aka Night Goblin Fanatics.

Had a lot of fun with these guys, although I got some pretty bad mouldings that I wasn't thrilled with. Lots of chopping and changing, shaving off bits of grass at the feet and so on, allowing me to pose them in unusual ways and rebase them for my dungeon. Pretty pleased with the overall result.

I'm going to do some work on filling out more monster groups next (I know, I know, I keep saying that).