Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:51:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690981
  • Total Topics: 118361
  • Online Today: 706
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Wessex Miniatures GEHEIMKRIEG (Weird War figures need your help!!!).  (Read 7491 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Very frustratingly, this game and these minis have been promsied since Sept 2005!  :o Still nothing at all. I'm a member of the Wessex Games  e-forum and we're all getting very frustrated with this as Steve is missing a huge market!

So if you'd like to see these figures released please post your support on this thread and join: WGHorror@yahoogroups.com.

Dr. Gerätmann: the evil leader of Abteilung 848.

Schreckentrüppen: The chemically enhanced shocktroopers of Abteilung 848.

Anyway some background to the game you never knew happened about the war you never knew happened: :D

History is written by the victors...

Geheimkrieg is the latest set of wargames rules written by Steve Blease, Matthew Hartley and Mike Baumannn. Written for miniatures from 20mm to 36mm (1/48th), they recreate the ultra-secret war fought between the Western Allies and the Nazis in the last years of World War II.

The comprehensive rulebook not only contains a completely new set of highly innovative quick-play wargames rules, but also unit TO&E's, scenarios and the recently uncovered history of what really happened in WWII, a history surpressed by the Western Allies for over fifty years...

Learn how Operation Overcast kept quiet the horrific nature of the secret war undertaken by top secret Nazi organisations following D-Day...

Discover how close the sinister Dr. Gerätmann and Abteilung 848 came to winning the war for Hitler...

Witness the British response in the formation of a highly secret special forces unit known as Blue Force under the command of the Navy's Commander Ian Flemming...

See how the American military used a mix of criminals and commandos known as Detachment 24 commanded by maverick officer Colonel Carl Eifler to capture secret Nazi tech for use against new enemies after 1945...

Discover the secret high tech weapons used by both Abteilung 848 and the Allies in battles from Normandy through to the fall of the Ruhr pocket...

Refight the war you never knew happened...

(That's if Westwind, pulp! & Darkson Designs haven't fought it first! ;).

The Commander

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 02:31:43 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Geudens

• Mastermind
  • 39th generation heir of Charles Martel (no joke!)
    • http://www.rudi-geudens.be/
Wow, WOW!!!  Must have!!!!

Rudi
do visit my websites & photobucket:
http://www.rudi-geudens.be/
http://www.tsoa.be/
http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm262/geudens_photos/

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Sculpted by Shane Hoyle. :)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Sculpted by Shane Hoyle. :)

Yup, certain 'traffic' on the e-forum about this I can tell you!  ;)

(Cheers for the bits Seb, yours come through?).

The Commander

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Yup, certain 'traffic' on the e-forum about this I can tell you!  ;)

I gan guess. I'm the one who put the two of them in touch at the time.

Arrived yesterday, got to open them this morning. Thanks, though you put to much in it. Hope you'll have enough for your project with the ones I sent?

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.

Arrived yesterday, got to open them this morning. Thanks, though you put to much in it. Hope you'll have enough for your project with the ones I sent?

No problems, I've realised that its 1/35 helmets I need for my idea but more bits for the bits box, had loads of those head sprues from Wendy at WW so no problems enjoy!

The Commander

Offline Regulator

• Mad Scientist
Re: Wessex Miniatures GEHEIMKRIEG (Weird War figures need your help!!!).
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 05:10:11 PM »
Very cool! But the name 'Schreckentrüppen' doesn't make any sense if it should be a right german word ...

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 07:56:12 PM »
Steve says they will be cast up with the Highland orcs when he is free, which is after this month.
I have also spoken to a sculptor he spoke to years ago about being interested in some sculpts, so there may be more coming. Remember, he is on his own in this business and it is just a part of his life. He has a real job too.
I agree though, these are must-haves.  :)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 09:20:51 PM »
Very cool! But the name 'Schreckentrüppen' doesn't make any sense if it should be a right german word ...

Obviously, mein Freund, because it is Pulpengerman for Horror Troops. lol We really need to get that Langenscheid Pulp-Deutsch/Deutsch-Pulp wrapped up.

On the topic, myself being an avid fan of Flintloque since 1998 and others of the School of Blease, I had been looking forward back when it was first announced, and would like to see it finished. Don´t know if I have the time to join the group, though.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 07:33:50 PM »
Ahhh another fan of the way of the Bleasian.

Good man. You play much Panzerfauste then? Woul dbe great to see some of your PZF minis up here, and FLQ come to think of it!

I'm an avid historo-fantasy gamer and this forum needs a blast of it by the look of it.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 08:20:43 PM »

Good man. You play much Panzerfauste then? Woul dbe great to see some of your PZF minis up here, and FLQ come to think of it!

I'm an avid historo-fantasy gamer and this forum needs a blast of it by the look of it.

Unfortunately, I never got the hang of the GUTS system and so failed to truly appreciate Panzerfäuste. We played a lot of Flintloque back in the good old days of the late 1990s, and recently I´ve felt the urge to paint-strip my dwarves and dogs and re-paint them just to see what you can make of those funny figures. I painted those in 1998, long before my "quality breakthrough", and they look like it (although they are far from shameful). Will have to dig them out sometime.

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 08:30:42 PM »
I remember seeing these floating about when I was first looking at Weird War, if he is ever released, I'll pick up Dr Gerätmann, but I think Artizan have already topped the Schreckentrüppen.

Always nice to have a few more Weird War options.  :)
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 11:37:32 PM »

Unfortunately, I never got the hang of the GUTS system and so failed to truly appreciate Panzerfäuste. We played a lot of Flintloque back in the good old days of the late 1990s, and recently I´ve felt the urge to paint-strip my dwarves and dogs and re-paint them just to see what you can make of those funny figures. I painted those in 1998, long before my "quality breakthrough", and they look like it (although they are far from shameful). Will have to dig them out sometime.

Not sure on this forum's policy of off topic!
They are brilliant miniatures to paint up, even if they are odd. I paint them very cleanly and carefully, brings the best out of them.
Guts is a fairly simple system I thought, I think it needs more support in the way of scenarios though. It's a little too 'one use only'.

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 11:51:25 AM »
Ooh, nice sculpts.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 11:59:55 AM »

Not sure on this forum's policy of off topic!
They are brilliant miniatures to paint up, even if they are odd. I paint them very cleanly and carefully, brings the best out of them.
Guts is a fairly simple system I thought, I think it needs more support in the way of scenarios though. It's a little too 'one use only'.

Stop hi-jacking my lovely thread!!  :o

lol

The Commander