Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:39:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: This is Not a Test; Northern Atlantic Wasteland  (Read 25634 times)

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: This is Not a Test; Northern Atlantic Wasteland
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2017, 09:31:28 AM »
Lovely stuff. That red is glowing!
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline cuckoo

• Schoolboy
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2017, 12:57:51 PM »
Nice conversions and a excellent paintjob. Very well done.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2017, 03:40:11 PM »
I actually posted something on my blog and gave the thing a facelift  lol .  I put up an article on the chevy build.  Not a lot that hasn't been on here visually but I do describe the build better and explain what I was thinking.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2018, 01:13:36 PM »
It's been a while since I did anything with my TNT collection my Takers need some attention.  I've dropped the ball so badly with these models the first figures I posted/completed are looking liike I could have done better if I'd painted them more recently.  I like thinking that I've improved my game in the interim but it hurts the unity [of the whole project.  It's time to get to work.

The painted model is Megan,  It's not a scary name for a raider warlord but that just drives her to commit further atrocities.  Her best man is the hickory horror she lovingly refers to as Lucifer.  Maybe I spent too much time painting Walking Dead stuff since I've been away.

The second model is a WIP I just finished building.  I wanted to build a neo roman gladiator but lacking a proper murmillo's helmet and a flashy baltea I found a blight king's head and put a skull of his crotch.  The PA genre is one that gives you a lot of latitude in naming conventions for characters.  In a a post apocalyptic fighting pit would it seem out of place if the emcee were to introduce Skullfucker?

looks like it won't let me post out of the gallery as well as upload.  If you can look in my gallery (PA gallery; It's the only one)  both photos are there.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:16:10 PM by horridperson »

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »

Here you go - I just thought I would see if I could get it to work.  I don't know how everyone else does it, but I right-click the image and choose 'copy image address', and then paste that into the brackets formed when you hit the insert image button (right below the bold button and above the smiley face).

Good looking models - and I totally understand what you mean on coming back to a project.  When I look at the terrain I made in my first thread versus what I do now...
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2018, 05:17:42 PM »
Thanks for putting those up.  I copied the address from the window and pasted that between the img brackets.  If the page address isn't the same as the image address that's probably why I messed it up.  I'll have to give it a go as you suggested next time.  I hope they fix it though;  It was much easier before.

Painting creep is a disappointment for continuity but on the the bright we are improving :D .  Hopefully I won't leave projects withering on the vine so long in the future.

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2018, 10:28:37 PM »
HP, I really like that figure of Megan. Who produces her, assuming she's still available for sale?

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2018, 02:31:29 AM »
She is an Anna the Bonecrusher sculpted by Brother Vinni.  I just checked his site and confirmed she is available for 5 euro.  Great figure that looks hard as the nails in her club.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2018, 10:16:15 AM »
Fantastic job love the tattoo's. I have sent you a pm on facebook re hosting.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2018, 07:55:52 PM »
@Brummie Thug: I think I got your request and accepted but if you sent a message FB ate it :( .  Glad you like the tats.  I was was pretty chuffed about them too.  I think I finally go my paint to the right consistency where there is just enough translucency I see a hint of skin beneath the "ink".  I wish I learned the lesson earlier;  The figures at the front of the thread didn't get the memo :D .

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2018, 08:26:22 PM »
 :o Sinewgrab, that BV figure looks badass! I wouldn't want to meet her on the field of battle. That chevy looks amazing too!!!! I have a few of those cars from ebay to turn into FO highwaymans myself, perhaps one will get spikes too when I get to them.

Cheers
Matt