Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 07:37:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696567
  • Total Topics: 118773
  • Online Today: 579
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mike Bravo Miniatures: Updates etc (28mm Moderns)  (Read 49004 times)

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Love the two reporter figures.
Can't wait for the whole set of four.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline FlytrapFactory

• Assistant
...and the list grows

War Correspondent #3 (apologies for the piccies and the slight angle she is leaning on, it has since been rectified as she came loose from the cork :) )
What can I say...Women!

Cheers
Anton
Flytrap Factory
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:37:18 PM by FlytrapFactory »

Offline arget8

• Scientist
I love them! Are you going to have a guy with a video camera for the reporter? Also, is there any chance you could put up a size comparison with Empress, Eureka or Radio Dish Dash?

Offline FlytrapFactory

• Assistant
Thank you for your kind comments gents
I'm not sure if this helps but I scale all of my 28s against Perry miniatures 28mm figures. I can't help it, the Perrys and Brian Nelson are my favourite miniature sculptors... and yes Dan has requested a video cameraman in the next two figures to round out this range.

Cheers

Anton
Flytrap Factory
https://www.facebook.com/flytrapfactory
www.flytrapfactory.com

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
Was she sculpted with a nod to the mannerist period of art? If not she must be of the 'giraffe women' of Burma because she has the longest neck I've ever seen on a figure. Chap in the helmet appears to suffer from a similar condition. Giraffism aside they are cracking sculpts.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Was she sculpted with a nod to the mannerist period of art? If not she must be of the 'giraffe women' of Burma because she has the longest neck I've ever seen on a figure. Chap in the helmet appears to suffer from a similar condition. Giraffism aside they are cracking sculpts.
I think I saw her twin working at the VA on Friday actually. I was like damn she has a long neck.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline FlytrapFactory

• Assistant
Not all women are created equal it seems
Please take a few seconds gents to study (google images) the actual length of necks on many women. The sources I used for inspiration and proportion on this piece must have all had this
"giraffism"
Here are several examples. Perhaps the tied up hair places extra emphasis on proportions.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:29:05 AM by FlytrapFactory »

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
She looks ok to me. Just thinking she is part of the long neck type of people. I have a friend that looks a little like her, but she also has big prominent ears which distracts from her long neck.  ::)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
She looks ok to me. Just thinking she is part of the long neck type of people. I have a friend that looks a little like her, but she also has big prominent ears which distracts from her long neck.  ::)

Are you sure he isn't a windmill?

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Are you sure he isn't a windmill?
She might be, girl is pretty tall at that. About an inch shy of 6 foot.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
Hook up with her then hook her up to the grid. You'll halve your electricity bill, at least on moderately windy days that is.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Hook up with her then hook her up to the grid. You'll halve your electricity bill, at least on moderately windy days that is.
thought about it a few times, not against a little mountain climbing. But I don't think the current gf would approve. Kind of like this one so don't want to tick her off.

Offline Mr Evil

• Librarian
    • Evil Bear Wargames
as for the long neck

its the same issue the spectre minis had with thier female, her neck was to long.

needs about 1/2 to 1 mm of the length and it will be fine. wich is easy to do with a bone saw and file.

love the camera guy though.

Offline FlytrapFactory

• Assistant
Hey guys
I might stick to my guns on this one (and my anatomical charts) and leave cutting and repinning to the end user if they feel the need to alter her.
Considering the enlargement of the blown up photography (and my lousy photography at that) and the slender reality of the figure I am reluctant to modify it before customers get a chance to see the figure in the flesh/metal as it were.

Thanks

Anton
Flytrap

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
Anton,

I think the neck is long, but not unnatural. One thing (also seen in the Spectre miniature female operator) is that there is no neck padding/armour around. Usually we expect shorted necks due to collars in earlier times and body armour right now.

"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com