Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:11:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Perry Miniature: New Plastic French Infantry frame of the Agincourt to O.  (Read 12656 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Was that it for the year 2015 then? Two sets doesn't seem much compared with previous years' outputs...  :(

I agree it is a little slower than normal but the twins still have an incredibly prolific output.

Or am I missing something?

I'm hazarding an educated guess at the ANZAK display in New Zealand and the Agincourt Display at the Tower? Two such monumental projects are bound to slow one down even if others did the bulk of the painting.  ;) :)

Darrell.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
In the year twenty-sixteen, twenty-sixteen, I wonder if plastic french will be seen? I wonder if we'll get them in styrene, in the year twenty-sixteen, twenty-sixteen...

I'll get me coat.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
lol

Yes, I'm sure you're right Darrell. Two mahoosive dioramas must have affected their output somewhat.
Have just been spolied by the rhythm of four lovely new plastic sets a year, so two seems a bit mingy. But that just means more to look forward to in 2016.

I assume there will be a third HYW plastic set of mounted knights at some stage.
I bet Simon knows, but isn't allowed to say...  ;)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
lol

Yes, I'm sure you're right Darrell. Two mahoosive dioramas must have affected their output somewhat.
Have just been spolied by the rhythm of four lovely new plastic sets a year, so two seems a bit mingy. But that just means more to look forward to in 2016.

The next three boxes have got me on foaming at the mouth now so god knows what sort of state I'm going to be in when they're released!

I assume there will be a third HYW plastic set of mounted knights at some stage.

It would certainly be the final and logical step, as it shouldn't be too difficult to get the correct armours as they have already done so with the first HYW English set. I'd like to see some in loose tabards for the high ranking nobility and that shouldn't be too hard to model in plastic (though I'm certainly no expert!).

I do know that the plastic sets will be of the standard size of that gives you any indication(?)

That's all I can say really as I always promise to keep stum when I ask Michael anything. o_o

Whatever order they come in they will be a so much more than X-mas come early!

I remember about 14 years ago (I think  o_o) writing to Michael and asking if Perry Miniatures had any plans to do a Medieval HYW set,  at the time I was told very politely, "we have no current plans to do this at present"! I'm so, so glad that they changed their minds.  8)

Darrell.

Offline Il Lord

• Assistant
On facebook they wrote that there's a knight frate too, but I didn't undertand if it's included in the french army box or it's a totally indipendent box.

Offline painterman

• Mad Scientist
    • le lay emprins
I bet Simon knows, but isn't allowed to say... 

You're right of course......I cannot say anything about possible Perry stuff....  :)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
On facebook they wrote that there's a knight frate too, but I didn't undertand if it's included in the french army box or it's a totally indipendent box.

I'm guessing from the three ups the format will be similar to the English boxed set with crossbows replacing archers but with the option to make the Crossbowmen either Crossbowmen, Pavisiers or men at arms with inferior armours to the gentry.

Darrell.

Offline painterman

• Mad Scientist
    • le lay emprins
Tl Lord -
I do know that the French box will have a sprue for knights (so new set of figures in plate & mail mix) and a sprue for the foot soldiers (as already shown on Perrys site).
I think one of the 3-UP foot knights was shown when they were first announced; as he didn't make the English box, assume he'll show in the french. Think he was wearing a surcoat?

Simon

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Think he was wearing a surcoat?imon

I certainly hope so.

Even though the fashion was for English men at arms to wear their harness sans surcoat (as far as we know!), it would still be nice to be able to represent the higher echelons of the French nobility of the French in early tabards liuke the Orleans and Baucicault mini's in the metals range.

I wouldn't have thought they would have been too difficult to sculpt as there wouldn't be too much of an undercut at all(?)

Darrell.

Offline painterman

• Mad Scientist
    • le lay emprins
REf an earlier question - I spotted that the Perrys have confirmed in a Facebook reply, that a mounted boxset is planned.
So, there's an official answer...
I can do Patay in near future now!
Simon.