Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:50:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord: Doctor Who Miniatures Game  (Read 23886 times)

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
Re: Warlord: Doctor Who Miniatures Game
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2015, 06:13:20 AM »
Fenris without question

A word of caution about the Fenris box, if you haven't seen it from all angles: the configuration of panels on the door is based on a real Glaswegian police box and is quite different from that used on any of the Tardis props.  That's fine if you know and don't mind, but it could be a nasty surprise if you're fussy and hadn't noticed.

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2015, 09:01:51 AM »
A word of caution about the Fenris box, if you haven't seen it from all angles: the configuration of panels on the door is based on a real Glaswegian police box and is quite different from that used on any of the Tardis props.  That's fine if you know and don't mind, but it could be a nasty surprise if you're fussy and hadn't noticed.

Pedantic Bugger!  ;)
Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2015, 12:09:19 PM »

Its also nearer 25mm scale than 28mm scale ;)

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2015, 02:46:36 PM »
For the Dr Who fans (as long as it doesn't stamp on the 'inspired' ranges of other companies) I think this has the potential to be a great thing... supported rules, plastic miniatures (enabling armies of some of the miniatures like DALEKs and cybermen etc) and it's coming from a company that is capable of making it work.

From a non Whovian perspective, I am struggling to think of any of the aliens that I'd like to see in any number (obviously Sontarans are cool and they would be nice to see in large numbers) ... and apart from the UNIT troops, with maybe a few of the sci-fi styled humans, there is little to get excited about.

I hope it pans out to meet Whovian expectations :)

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2015, 05:00:21 PM »
For the Dr Who fans (as long as it doesn't stamp on the 'inspired' ranges of other companies) I think this has the potential to be a great thing... supported rules, plastic miniatures (enabling armies of some of the miniatures like DALEKs and cybermen etc) and it's coming from a company that is capable of making it work.

From a non Whovian perspective, I am struggling to think of any of the aliens that I'd like to see in any number (obviously Sontarans are cool and they would be nice to see in large numbers) ... and apart from the UNIT troops, with maybe a few of the sci-fi styled humans, there is little to get excited about.

I hope it pans out to meet Whovian expectations :)

Apart from the obvious mentioned Daleks, Cybermen, and Sontarans  I would also LOVE to see more Ice Warriors, Silurians (classic and modern) and Sea Devils just to name a few.   Yeah, I'm excited by the possibiliites

Offline Cymril

• Librarian
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2015, 05:16:35 PM »
I would love to see Draconians  :)

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2015, 05:22:02 PM »
Pedantic Bugger!  ;)

Should I change my username?

Online carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2015, 05:33:54 PM »
Ah but will they do the Spike Milligan Dalek from Q6?

I doubt we will see plastic UNIT troops, about the only thing, I would be interested in but one never knows there might be some vaguely useful metal ones.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2015, 07:56:25 AM »
Should I change my username?
Nah, use it as your personal text instead 8)

I'm not sure about plastics actually, have they been announced to be in the works? Making a mass combat game out of this doesn't seem to fit the context too well so they'd have to count on a big bunch of fans buying some troops and not on all people getting big armies.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:59:21 AM by tnjrp »

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2015, 08:06:59 AM »
Further information from Doctor Who fan site Kasterborous ( http://www.kasterborous.com/2015/08/doctor-miniatures-game-announced-warlord-games/ ):

The company will produce a starter game as well as a hardback book detailing instructions for how to defeat Doctor Who‘s foes.There will be a new game system devised to fit into the Doctor Who universe and to allow the existing characters to work to the best effect. John Stallard, managing director or Warlord Games, said that he expects Cybermen and Daleks to be the most popular figurines. “You can’t beat a Dalek,” he added.

Work started recently on the figurines and Mr Stallard said that he hopes the first games should be ready in a few months. They have reportedly started sculpting the first models, commencing with ‘the bad guys’ and once these have been  approved by the BBC they can start on the figures of all 12 Doctors confirmed for the set.

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2015, 07:55:00 PM »
This from the Random Platypus forum - http://www.randomplatypus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13840#p13840
If true, get your orders in quick...

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2015, 08:17:17 PM »
Best bit of that is this tidbit from Dags:

I'm told that Steve Saleh is doing all the sculpting.

Damn good sculptor (though I don't know how he is with likenesses).  Mind you, "all the sculpting" may be a heck of a lot of work!  It may put Lucid Eye on the backburner.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2015, 05:43:14 PM »
Already ordered a few bits and bobs from both CD and Heresy... just waiting for it to arrive...
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2015, 06:10:59 PM »

Damn good sculptor (though I don't know how he is with likenesses).  Mind you, "all the sculpting" may be a heck of a lot of work!  It may put Lucid Eye on the backburner.

Some of those Lucid Eye figures would actually fit in the Whoniverse very well.

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »
Some of those Lucid Eye figures would actually fit in the Whoniverse very well.

Well, indeed, though I'm hoping Steve Saleh wasn't actually trying for Paul McGann's face when he sculpted his "Time Rider" in the 8th Doctor's outfit from "The Night of the Doctor"  ( http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56140.msg816464#msg816464 ).

The "Alien Rock Star", meanwhile, has been appearing in Titan's 11th Doctor Comic under the name of "Jones" and/or "Xavi Moonburst".