Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:51:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689637
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Battle Systems post apocalyptic terrain  (Read 9043 times)

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Battle Systems post apocalyptic terrain
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 04:55:53 PM »
The £100k stretch goal is a Fire Station!

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 08:22:59 PM »
Ok that's pretty cool!
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline MidnightBlue

• Assistant
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 02:53:17 PM »
With 23 days left to go, this terrain KS is closing in on its 10th and 11th stretch goals. Of those 11 shown stretch goals, only two of them are add-ons. The other 9 stretch goals are all freebie terrain elements added to the base City Block pledge.

So for every City Block pledge we have an additional 30 terrain elements added. These are "per City Block" and do not add to the shipping costs. I'm currently in for a x2 City Block pledge (hoping I can free up the funds to jump to a x4 pledge). That means I'm getting x2 all of those stretch goal freebies (or 60 added terrain elements at the moment).

The two add-on stretch goals are great additions to the flavor of the set, specifically for my superhero/zombie/pulp purposes...a Police Precinct and a Fire Station!

I can't wait until I have survivors heading for the Police Precinct for protection or weapons...or have the brave firefighters responding to the apocalyptic chaos (don't forget to bring the axes!).

I just love the ability to build up this terrain and really give survivors (or zombies) somewhere to run...whether for minis gaming or roleplaying.

Offline MidnightBlue

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 02:42:57 PM »
The Urban Apocalypse KS is really taking off!

We have already unlocked 13 stretch goals (11 freebies, 2 add-ons) and we are very close to stretch goal 14.  And that stretch goal is an awesome art deco building add-on option:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621774283/battle-systemstm-urban-apocalypse-terrain/posts/1371917

Currently the stretch goals have added 45 additional pieces to every City Block pledged for.  Since I'm currently in for a x2 City Block pledge, I will get an additional (so far) 90 pieces added to my set for improved versatility.  I doubt I'll be able to before the close of the KS in 13 days, but I'll hopefully be adding another City Block or two to my pledge in the backerkit and these will also get the benefit of the stretch goals (but won't add to additional stretch goal unlocks).

The stretch goals have really added to the value of every pledge, and with the addition of the Police Precinct, Fire Station, and (soon) Art Deco building add-ons, there's going to be a lot of variation in my setups.

We've been shown that 1:43 scale vehicles work perfectly on the terrain and mat streets.  I've got my eye on some on Ebay/Amazon for various genres...Pulp, 60's/70's, modern, warfare.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 06:02:10 PM »
After getting my 48-hours reminder I've opted not to support "The Others", as much as I'd like to, but I'm still waffling on this one. It's SO SHINY.

Offline MidnightBlue

• Assistant
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 06:44:33 PM »
After getting my 48-hours reminder I've opted not to support "The Others", as much as I'd like to, but I'm still waffling on this one. It's SO SHINY.

Yeah...I don't have the funds available that I dropped on the first two Kickstarters...but I'm really sad about that.

I'd love to get a x4 City Block pledge and a bunch of add-ons.

Right now I'm doing what I can to hold onto my x2 City Block pledge and one of the Police Precinct, Fire Station, and Mega Art Deco add-ons.  I'm hoping by the time the backerkit closes I'll be able to squeeze another City Block pledge out of the deal. 

Offline MidnightBlue

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 06:47:49 PM »
Oh...and we have since hit the Art Deco style buildings add-on stretch goal today.

:D

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 09:55:03 AM »
I had missed this one (or hadn't realised it was the same folk who did the SF stuff)

I managed to talk myself out of the SF one, but I'm tempted by this one. The 2x2 pledge looks interesting, especially as I already have some cardboard buildings to fill out the rest of the space.

I've also just had a look at their website, and I'm tempted (yet again) to buy the SF set.

Too early in the morning for these decisions o_o

Offline MidnightBlue

• Assistant
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2015, 02:52:08 PM »
I had missed this one (or hadn't realised it was the same folk who did the SF stuff)

I managed to talk myself out of the SF one, but I'm tempted by this one. The 2x2 pledge looks interesting, especially as I already have some cardboard buildings to fill out the rest of the space.

I've also just had a look at their website, and I'm tempted (yet again) to buy the SF set.

Too early in the morning for these decisions o_o

Heh...with all of the freebie stretch goals we've hit, I doubt you'll need extra cardboard buildings to fill out a city block.  The city block was pretty full with its standard contents...now it has almost a third/fourth more in extra bits and pieces.

I wasn't able to get into the Sci-fi set during the Kickstarter as it closed JUST before I got my Christmas bonus...but I was able to get into their Backerkit and got four Sci-fi sets plus a LOT of add-ons.  I also just got my four Fantasy sets plus a lot of add-ons in the mail day before yesterday.

With this Urban terrain, I'll be pretty well stocked for most of my 25-35mm gaming needs!  Actually...I got the Sci-fi sets in part for use as 6mm terrain for mecha/Zentraedi-friendly hangers, bases, ship interiors, warehouses, etc. 

I can't wait to do some mixing and matching with these sets.  One thing I'm considering is a Star Wars Rebel base in the Massassi temples on Yavin IV.  So I'll have the Sci-fi sets to use as the high-tech parts of the base, but then have a crumbled wall where an ancient passage is discovered.  Who knows what lost secrets/threats will be found in the ancient corridors and chambers of the temple?

>:D

Offline Forofo27

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 09:12:20 PM »
Well, we have lots of free goodies. Pledging for a city block you get all this:

What are you waiting for, come and pldege know!  ;)

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 09:36:07 PM »
Hopng they do some 1920s stuff next

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 10:13:40 PM »
Getting to be a pretty decent pile of goodies.

Offline MidnightBlue

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2015, 04:17:27 PM »
Hopng they do some 1920s stuff next

Take out some of the modern convenience items like computers, TV, etc. and this can easily be early 20th century terrain.  I know one of my uses for this is as Depression era slums for Pulp Alley.  Can't wait to have some gangland violence erupt on this terrain.

:)

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2015, 06:02:16 PM »
Yes I was thinking that, but the Fire Station has 1974 on it.

It is tempting though

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2015, 07:25:11 PM »
Yes I was thinking that, but the Fire Station has 1974 on it

Tipex
 :P