Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:01:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Vide fc  (Read 11201 times)

Offline ianB

• Student
Vide fc
« on: October 14, 2015, 11:56:37 AM »
Hiya, absolutely love the rules, the opposed initiative is genius.
In the Army lists I'm a little confused over support weapons.
The light and heavy support weapons seem to be the same in each list (with heavy support just having less options).  So in some cases the same weapon can be added to a squad as a one man weapon or in a support unit as a 'team' weapon. In a heavy support team it says four gunners. I'd assumed in first look that this would then mean you had four men operating a larger weapon. Is is actually just four men with a weapon each? I was hoping to represent large field gun type weapons as well as man portable ones (maybe with reduction in effectiveness as the crew die).
Also.....what's next for the rules :) they are by far the best I've played. Rival species has covered aliens, predators and bugs so far.   
How about a pure zombie army?

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Re: Vide fc
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 12:16:29 PM »
In the Gear Krieg Supplement you can find Zombies (Japanese). Look here: http://www.wargamevault.com/product/109526/Victory-Decision-Gear-Krieg?manufacturers_id=2468
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline ianB

• Student
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »
Fc has zombies, they  are a heavy support option, just can't make a full army of them :) need zombie leaders and normal troops maybe.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 02:44:14 PM »
Hiya, absolutely love the rules, the opposed initiative is genius.
Thanks, I love to hear that!  8) 8) 8)

In the Army lists I'm a little confused over support weapons.
The light and heavy support weapons seem to be the same in each list (with heavy support just having less options).  So in some cases the same weapon can be added to a squad as a one man weapon or in a support unit as a 'team' weapon. In a heavy support team it says four gunners. I'd assumed in first look that this would then mean you had four men operating a larger weapon. Is is actually just four men with a weapon each? I was hoping to represent large field gun type weapons as well as man portable ones (maybe with reduction in effectiveness as the crew die).
Hmm, should be possible.
To what heavy support weapons are you referring?

Also.....what's next for the rules :) they are by far the best I've played. Rival species has covered aliens, predators and bugs so far.   
How about a pure zombie army?

That depends on your Z Setting. If you want a pure Z army like "The Walking Dead" just use the Heavy Support choice as a troop choice and skip the HQ slot. It might even work as a solo game!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline ianB

• Student
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 03:34:30 PM »
Now that's an awesome response time :)

For the heavy weapons I'm a little confused.... Are all of the support weapons the same? E.g. Is the rail gun available as a support gun the same as the one available as a heavy support option?  I..e a single man portable weapon, if so, what makes it a heavy support weapon?
If I'm arming a low tech light support unit I pick from a list of 14 support weapons, if I'm arming a heavy support unit I pick from a reduced list which has six choices) all available in the light support weapons table, same stats and points cost.
So.... Is a heavy support unit just a unit with more support weapons in it? I.e 4 gunners with a support weapon each?

Or am I misreading something? :).
My army lists have support and heavy support tables, but the weapons are the same on both

Id like to be able to represent things like tripod/hover mounted support weapons that are bigger and require more crew to operate. a large support weapon that loses effectiveness as it loses crew, maybe something simple like for every crewman missing the weapon requires an extra action before firing? Something like a heavy rpg or mortar would need a crew of two, a tripod rail gun three?     So you could make a unit with multiple small support weapons or a couple of big ones?   
This is a really minor thing, the rules are great and work just fine with the support weapons as they are written. I've just got some heavier weapons that I can't represent at the moment. 

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 05:37:45 PM »
Now that's an awesome response time :)

I aim to please! :)

For the heavy weapons I'm a little confused.... Are all of the support weapons the same? E.g. Is the rail gun available as a support gun the same as the one available as a heavy support option?  I..e a single man portable weapon, if so, what makes it a heavy support weapon?
If I'm arming a low tech light support unit I pick from a list of 14 support weapons, if I'm arming a heavy support unit I pick from a reduced list which has six choices) all available in the light support weapons table, same stats and points cost.
So.... Is a heavy support unit just a unit with more support weapons in it? I.e 4 gunners with a support weapon each?

Or am I misreading something? :).
My army lists have support and heavy support tables, but the weapons are the same on both
OK, let's take a look at the Mid Tech Heavy Weapon Support Team - 80 points
Support Team: Team Leader (unit leader) with SMG, 4 Gunner with Support Weapon.
For the Support Weapon you have 6 to choose. And yes each gunner can pick one Heavy Support weapon.
Quote from P.90: "Any Gunner may choose one Support Weapon for the corresponding points cost (see the Mid Tech Heavy Support Weapons chart)."
And yes that is the main difference to the Infantry Support Weapons, there you can mostly only pick one! The heavy support slot comes from the more specialized role. 4 HMGs after Set Up can roll 4x4= 16D6+1 for each shoot action - ouch!

Id like to be able to represent things like tripod/hover mounted support weapons that are bigger and require more crew to operate. a large support weapon that loses effectiveness as it loses crew, maybe something simple like for every crewman missing the weapon requires an extra action before firing? Something like a heavy rpg or mortar would need a crew of two, a tripod rail gun three?     So you could make a unit with multiple small support weapons or a couple of big ones?   
This is a really minor thing, the rules are great and work just fine with the support weapons as they are written. I've just got some heavier weapons that I can't represent at the moment. 
The 20.4.1. Low Tech Platoon Support Team - 50 points is a good example of what you want.
Also - Please check the 8.36. Weapon Team Ability on P.34.  ;) Plus 9.17. Set Up/X on P.39

If you want really big support weapons check P. 124 - 22.6.8. Stationary Weapon Support Platform – 220 points
Just presume that the 4 SP also include crew.
If you want a similar weapon for low or mid tech, just change the High Tech Heavy Vehicle Weapons and High Tech Vehicle Support Weapons chart to it's low or mid tech equivalent.
It is your game, do not feel too restricted by the lists! This is not 40K, if you and your opponent want huge guns in low tech lists, go for it!

Offline ianB

• Student
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 03:38:32 PM »
Played zombies vs mid tech last night.  Zombies led by a high tech command unit.
Worked really well, can't believe how fast the game plays. 

The movement system is great.. Move one model carefully then organise the unit accordingly.
Seems odd at first until you realise that nobody ever measured the movement of their whole units individually in any game I've ever played before!

What's next? Is the robot supplement still coming? I've got all of the gear krieg and rival species stuff. Now hooked :)

Still can't represent heavier field artillery though :)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 06:42:00 PM »
Played zombies vs mid tech last night.  Zombies led by a high tech command unit.
Worked really well, can't believe how fast the game plays. 

The movement system is great.. Move one model carefully then organise the unit accordingly.
Seems odd at first until you realise that nobody ever measured the movement of their whole units individually in any game I've ever played before!

What's next? Is the robot supplement still coming? I've got all of the gear krieg and rival species stuff. Now hooked :)
Thanks, I am very glad about your comments since many of my design ideas seem to work!
;)

Well Robots etc., I have a draft but did not finish it.
Somehow reallife got in the way.
But if there is enough interest I would certainly start again.
Maybe I have to do a poll some day...

Still can't represent heavier field artillery though :)
Classic heavy Artillery were just not in my scope for far future combat.

But - Please tell me again what you have in mind, the weapons should all be there.
All the rest we can work out easily...

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 11:00:06 PM »

Oh, I think you should. I have a feeling people are going to be left with a bunch of Terminator Genisys minis in a couple of years, complaining about a 'dead' game whose license lapsed.  ;) >:D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 05:33:51 PM by Vermis »

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 07:33:08 AM »
Please do it, the audience is still waiting... ;)

Offline ianB

• Student
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 03:16:02 PM »
How about some play test rules on here? :)

I need something terminator or necron-ish :)

Artillery was things like field guns which need multiple crew to work properly. I love the setup rule for machine gun type weapons. Something like that but to represent heavier guns needing to be set up by more than one person maybe?
How about deploy/x.    The weapon requires x number of actions to be set up, multiple models combine their actions to achieve this.   A heavy laser would be say deploy/2 and would come with two crew, so one crewman would take two actions to deploy it whereas two would take one action each.     if that makes sense :)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 08:33:18 AM »
I will post some design ideas / goals about Robots in a separate thread.
 ;)

@Artillery - Somehow I don't see multiple manned field guns in a SF environment. Way too slow. Your Deploy/X idea however is great, sounds like a workable houserule.
Why not take a Mid Tech BARS Support infantry team, add one Soldier to have a 4 men 120 pts team and give them one of the BIG guns from the Mid Tech Light and Medium Vehicle Weapon list. Add the Deploy/4 feature.
That should compensate the bonus of getting a big toy!

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 01:05:21 PM »
Agis, and don't forget the Not-Dune rules (you promised) :D

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2015, 01:57:43 PM »
Agis, and don't forget the Not-Dune rules (you promised) :D
Nope - ;)
I promised to do it if enough interest is there...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 04:37:45 PM by Agis »

Offline ianB

• Student
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 05:05:39 PM »
Zombies (again) :)
I want to represent the slower shambling type zombies... Maybe as the core troops in a zombie army. Thinking something like a lower LD than the military zombies and a 'shamblers' rule to make them less predictable
Shambler... Make a LD test for each move action on a 1 the unit does not move.