Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:27:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686448
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Vide fc  (Read 11142 times)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Vide fc
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »
Nope, the Standard Zombie on Page 97 with no Options taken is already the slow type.  ;)

Your rule however is very good if you want really sloooow! It makes it also more complicated and can slow down game pace...
Just get an Agreement with your Group!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline ianB

• Student
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »
What makes the standard zombies slow? Have I missed a rule again? :)
They seem to get three actions and move 4" like other infantry?

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 04:09:35 PM »
I was unclear, they are as fast as any infantry unit, but they represent the slow version, otherwise they just did not get in to CC.

Offline ianB

• Student
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 07:39:42 PM »
Just finished a game, the zombies rolled 6 three times for shaken results so they charged.... Only on the third one that we remembered that movement is move the leader then arrange everyone in command radius. So really gives them about 10" (4" move for the leader then the rest of the unit 6" further forward).  Coupled with the hiding rules it made it really hard for the attackers to get them off the objective.. Attackers had to get within 12" to spot them effectively and the only way to shift them was to hope they charged! Very cinematic. It really stops that boring stand back and shoot attrition type game. The speed and abstract movement is taking some getting used to, it's much more fluid than anything we've played before. Loving it.
Finding the fact that models aren't locked in combat between turns a bit of a challenge, so used to it being a feature!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:43:38 PM by ianB »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 06:09:16 AM »
.... Only on the third one that we remembered that movement is move the leader then arrange everyone in command radius. So really gives them about 10" (4" move for the leader then the rest of the unit 6" further forward).  ... Loving it.
Finding the fact that models aren't locked in combat between turns a bit of a challenge, so used to it being a feature!
Sounds as if you made it all right and correct, and even with fun! (Another game design goal achieved, thx!)

@aren't locked in combat - that is also the reason why I think the normal Z is well served with 3x4" move. The opponent can get easily away and shoot again!

Offline ianB

• Student
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 01:33:08 PM »
It was strange, we all initially thought not being locked in combat was wrong, then we thought about it and realised we only thought that because it's what every other system does.
After a couple of rounds it all made sense, much faster and represents what a real fight would be. If you are breaking off then you must be losing, so you're likely to be carrying suppression anyway and won't get many shots.
That's when command points really start to come in. We were playing for three objectives in turn three the zombies had been shot to bits. They cordoned the middle objective to keep the enemy 6" away. The win came down to the last action when the enemy caused a blood! Result and the zombies had to move out.
I've played lots of games that have objective based wins, they usually come down to victory points and a toe to toe battle. This wasn't. The fluidity is really taking some getting used to.  U go I go games don't work and most command activation systems just mean that you end up with your weakest troops sitting out. The initiative mecahnic is great, keeps all units relevant and forces tactical decisions. :)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 06:13:48 AM »
Big thanks Ian, makes me happy, exactly what I had in mind designing the game! :) :) :)

Offline ianB

• Student
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2015, 01:27:25 AM »
Heavier armour taking part in tommorows game, interested to see how the hard shells work out :)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2015, 05:07:24 AM »
Pretty hard!  ;)

Btw - the next couple of weeks I have travel a bit, so replies are not as fast as usual...

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2015, 05:29:37 PM »
Hope you don't mind if I stick my own questions on the end, here. ;) After making that SF trooper order with Heresy Miniatures, I guess I need to get started.

No shotgun in the mid-tech infantry weapons list. I assume it's the same as the low-tech list?

For mid-tech BARS special forces: "The Team Leader and any Soldier may swap his SMG for a SMG..." Seems a fair trade. :) Was this an accidental extra, or was the second 'SMG' to be the BARS assault rifle, or...?

Speaking of swapping weapons: when you swap out a standard weapon for another, for the listed points cost, but the new weapon costs less, is the second weapon's points cost added, or are points deducted to match the new weapon's cost?
I.e. if switching a BARS from assault rifles to SMGs, are the two points of each SMG added to the squad cost, or are the extra four points of each assault rifle removed from the squad cost?

I assume that if a scoped action is taken as a first action, a scoped rifle's second shot (third action) can't benefit?

A couple of list mashup questions...

I fancy putting some BARS special forces in one or two of those fancy new Star Wars speeders from the Disney Store. :) Not so many antigrav vehicle choices for mid-tech, though. What about putting Hover/8" on a light transport for 10 points?
(Seems a better match for mid-tech than the high-tech light hover attack craft... though I have been considering a whole 'counts as mid-tech special forces' army with basic-armoured high-techs, just to complicate things further. ;D )

I'd like to revive my old Kroot mercs as possible opponents too. Low-tech infantry seems good, with basic rifles and low armour; but there are a few things that'd need bolted on to represent CC abilities and fieldcraft, that low-tech rifle squads don't normally get. It might be easier to use ferocious, infiltrating mid-tech infantry, with an armour reduction like high-tech infantry. What sort of points reduction would you suggest for that? Same as the high-tech squads, for starters, and fine-tune it from there?

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2015, 06:19:07 PM »
I have no real net conection atm, just some short answers, rest in a week or so.

Shotgun, same -use it if you like.

Smg, 2nd Smg is a typo, ignore it, all the other options are valid.

Scoped, as written the next shoot action benefits.

List mash up, if you and your opponent agreed, mix the lists as you like!