Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:29:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689638
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Kings of War Fantasy Samurai armies.  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Wilkinson73

• Assistant
My Kings of War Fantasy Samurai armies.
« on: October 23, 2015, 12:00:45 AM »
Hello all,

I have been lurking awhile and thought I would post these up here. Most of these figures are Wargames Factory ( i know not the best) but Im on a budget. A few are Kensie and the rest are Clan war. I play mostly kings of war and I use the Kingdom of man army lists, especially for the Teppo armed Ashigaru. However, I have been collecting old Clan War figures which are slightly bigger and will use them in a elf proxy army. The elves in KoW having Elite and only use bows no powder. This will be a separate all Samurai army with no black powder. I will continue too use the WGF figures for the Blue army and a few Perry mix ins here and there. Id love to do Perry for them all but its just out of my price range. Basing still needs to be done on most of the models. Paint first then ill do the whole army at once.

I have always wanted to have an army of Samurai at my command the Sengoku period calls to me for inspiration. As well as some of the classic Samurai movies. I wont list them you all have seen them i'm sure.

So it looks like I will start my metals as soon as I finish this lot here. The elf army will be in dominate red. I hope my additions are worth of the fantastic painters on this board. Thank you!

Offline werekake

• Librarian
Re: My Kings of War Fantasy Samurai armies.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 05:47:49 AM »
Looks fantastic - I like the colouring on the oni(?), and the celestial dragon looks great on the battlefield.

My friend and I bought a great big Clan Wars army box at a bring and buy a year ago, split the metal figures between us - I think it was 50 mini's each. I can't quite remember but I think there was something we didn't like about the Ashigaru/foot-infantry heads... The solution we came up with was to buy a whole bunch of those ashigaru conical hats from Wargames Factory - or some other 'spare-parts' shop - and plonk em straight on top of the heads.

...I'll have to dig those figures out again and have a look at em.