Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:48:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690841
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Heresy Miniatures - curse of the dragon  (Read 8774 times)

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
Heresy Miniatures - curse of the dragon
« on: November 04, 2015, 10:49:27 PM »
Firstly, sorry to admin if this is more appropriate in the commercial board, but it's not really a new item or a sale. What it is, well, from the Heresy Minis blog:

What I hate most about my situation is the begging. I’ve just put in another 87 hour week, on top of two identical weeks before that and yet this is my situation:
Today is Tuesday, the 3rd of November. Sunday night’s dinner was egg and chips. Last night’s dinner was just chips cos we ran out of eggs. Tonight is our 14th wedding/21st together anniversary. We’re having chips again. Tomorrow we’ll probably have rice because we’ll have run out of potatoes. Basically I have zero money. Zero. Nothing. nada. no hyperbole, literally can’t buy food. September and October have been utterly dire in terms of orders, for various reasons, all of which I’m well aware of. One bad month is enough to end a business by itself, but two in a row is disastrous. I have to find £1500 in the next 3 weeks or HSBC are going to stop my overdraft facility and send the bailiffs round or something, presumably. I haven’t paid myself for the last two months because of bills that needed paying. This does not do good things to your bank account.

There are 1593 of you on my Facebook ‘friends’ list. If just 100 of them/you spent £30, I can pay the rent, pay Dan his wages that I owe him and buy some groceries. Much as I’m humbled by your ‘keep going, you do good stuff’ messages, and I truly am, what I need more than thoughts and prayers, is money.

If just one of you could spend £10, I’ll buy some sausages on the way home.

www.heresyminiatures.com/shop

https://heresyminiatures.com/shop/blog/

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
Re: Heresy Miniatures - curse of the dragon
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 10:58:09 PM »
Looks like i have a reason to order that war doctor figure.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 11:06:38 PM »
I am skint too, but I am going to place an order. I like Heresy, and I don't want them to go under. Time for some Frostgrave barbarians I and monsters I think. And maybe a robot or two.... I wish them luck.
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 11:08:40 PM »
Just spent a tad under £100, not counting shipping, on a Heresy order a few days ago (a lot for my budget - I'll be feeling the pain some day in the future, but not today). I know it was before that blog post, so part of "dire October", but I still hope it went some way to help paying the bills.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 11:18:53 PM by Rhoderic »
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 11:32:50 PM »
I know the feeling, Rhoderic, from a few minutes ago.

Me, took the opportunity to stock up on some more SF troopers to - maybe - finally start that ViDe:FuCo army. Especially since I've had a couple of small daydreams about converting some to fit in a Star Wars First Order speeder...

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 12:22:14 AM »
Me, took the opportunity to stock up on some more SF troopers to - maybe - finally start that ViDe:FuCo army. Especially since I've had a couple of small daydreams about converting some to fit in a Star Wars First Order speeder...

Cool!

What I ordered was mainly sci-fi gang members. I'd forgotten that range existed and when I rediscovered it recently, something clicked. I finally see the way forward for doing a "dark urban sci-fi gang war" project along the lines of Necromunda or Judge Dredd without having to hunt for OOP Necromunda figures or be restrained to the cartoonish Judge Dredd aesthetic. The Heresy trench coat gangers will be one of three street gangs, then there's going to be two ethnic mafias (this'll be in a "colourblind" far future when ethnicity is all about which human-colonised planet you come from, nothing else), two opposing cults, some undercity scavengers, some corporate mercs, some anti-corporate terrorists, a paramilitary police force and a bunch of special government operatives (who will be from a section of the government in conflict with the section that controls the police force, a la GitS: SAC). The Heresy gangers were the missing piece of the puzzle.

I mean, you gotta love these guys:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:39:29 AM by Rhoderic »

Offline Quendil

• Mastermind
    • Quendil's World
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 08:56:00 AM »
I ordered some of the Sci Fi troopers that have been on my wish list for ages

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 01:07:07 PM »
I'll have to take a look. I like Heresy and I like Andy's honest approach with everything he does. Even if it's just a tenner I'd like to help.

I think this is a very worthwhile thread Vermis

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 03:26:56 PM »
Big fan of Heresy, so I'll try and put an order in. I keep on finding stuff I didn't know he did, so shouldn't be too difficult.

I backed the kickstarter really just to help him (although the figures will be used). I do wonder, however, how long he can continue. I certainly don't want him to close, but from following his progress over the years, reading his dragon post, and what he's saying above, this must be physically and mentally very draining.

The dragon saga is here for those who haven't read it.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 06:32:43 PM »
I mean, you gotta love these guys:

I didn't realise there were so many variations! Even with duplicate bodies.

(Nice worldbuilding too!)

I backed the kickstarter really just to help him (although the figures will be used). I do wonder, however, how long he can continue. I certainly don't want him to close, but from following his progress over the years, reading his dragon post, and what he's saying above, this must be physically and mentally very draining.

At this point, despite the kickstarter, the dragon's wiped him out; this is rock bottom. It's going go take some time to recover from that, in a number of different ways. But then I hope that with it behind him, and a boost from a few sales, things can start looking up and get back to normal.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 07:11:58 PM »
Just put an order in for some ghouls and that brilliant Harryhausen style cyclops. They'll be good for Judge Dredd or something  :)

Dim_Reaper

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 11:56:03 PM »
Crikey,

I had no idea it had got so bad for him. I wonder what levels of hatred he has for that dragon at this point.

Popped in a reasonably small (blatant bullshit) order. Thanks for the heads up. It's nice to have a positive excuse for ridiculous impulse buying!

P.S. I heartily recommend those Bald Gangers. Bought the Whole Set a few years ago. They are stunning.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 12:06:16 AM »
The Dragon Saga is an incredible story, talk about sacrificing everything for your art. 

What must be really galling is to see, (literally within hours of him saying the Dragon is done, gone, never to be re-issued), several of them appearing on forums (like this) at inflated prices as buyers try and profiteer from the limited release.

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 06:10:35 AM »
Since I need but a small excuse to spend money on Heresy minis (and this excuse is a really good one!) I expanded my Heroes & Warriors collection somewhat  :D

I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

http://pijlieblog.blogspot.nl/

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2015, 06:54:14 AM »
If anyone who plays 28mm sci fi doesn't have the government inspectors I'd thoroughly recommend them.