Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:30:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686622
  • Total Topics: 118114
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout Red Rocket gas station (Signal Relay Station added)  (Read 11770 times)

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Re: Fallout Red Rocket gas station
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2016, 03:00:02 AM »
I love the barrels! The billboard makes the grade too. 

Glad to see someone else using the Weird Krieg rules - the only reason I don't anymore is the existence of Pulp Alley.  It is a good solid system.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2016, 03:10:53 AM »
Looks great!!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Ithaquatini

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2016, 01:57:06 PM »
Another terrain piece done!  Nothing better after a long day of hunting stingwings and radstags then sipping some warm Gwennett Lager and relaxing on your ratty sofa. :)

Offline Aquamarine

• Bookworm
Re: Fallout Red Rocket gas station (tanker truck added)
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2016, 08:52:29 PM »
This is impressive. All the bits are well placed and makes the entire piece interesting...a kill zone for the overly curious?

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2016, 10:51:48 PM »
What truck is that? The cab seems a decent proxy for the FO3/NV ones. Nice job! Really full of character with all the small details.  8)

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2016, 01:04:21 AM »
Well done!  Where did the furniture come from, if you don't mind my asking?

Offline Ithaquatini

• Librarian
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »
Thanks, glad you like it!  The truck is a Revell model kit I got off ebay for a couple bucks (paid more for shipping lol).  There was no scale listed for it.

The Rubbish sofa, chair and beer bottles are from BlackCatBases.  The explosives box is for O-scale train scenery detail from an ebay dealer.  There is a Tumbler Today magazine next to the chair that is just a shrunk-down pic, printed out, cut out, leaving space for a back cover, folded in half with some extra paper sheets inside for thickness. The 10mm pistol next to chair is Hasslefree.  The barrel is a HirstArts cast.  The white concrete bits were an attempt to help it blend in with the playing mat, just extra Hydrocal plaster left over from Hirst arts molds poured over textured plasticard to get texture on one side, plain on the other.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2016, 04:55:50 PM »
Thanks, glad you like it!  The truck is a Revell model kit I got off ebay for a couple bucks (paid more for shipping lol).  There was no scale listed for it.

The Rubbish sofa, chair and beer bottles are from BlackCatBases.  The explosives box is for O-scale train scenery detail from an ebay dealer.  There is a Tumbler Today magazine next to the chair that is just a shrunk-down pic, printed out, cut out, leaving space for a back cover, folded in half with some extra paper sheets inside for thickness. The 10mm pistol next to chair is Hasslefree.  The barrel is a HirstArts cast.  The white concrete bits were an attempt to help it blend in with the playing mat, just extra Hydrocal plaster left over from Hirst arts molds poured over textured plasticard to get texture on one side, plain on the other.

Ahh, I knew it looked familiar. I had looked at that same one on Ebay myself...  ;)

Offline Ithaquatini

• Librarian
Re: Fallout Red Rocket gas station (Signal Relay Station added)
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 02:49:15 PM »
My signal relay station with raider roof shack is pretty much done, just need to add some minor details and touch up.  The grey interior door slides out, so the wall terminal can be hacked to get to whats inside the room.  The interior walls and base are Sintra foamed PVC board, my new most favorite thing for terrain building!  Sintra is like foamcore, but heavier, stronger, won't warp (yes, foamcore can warp), and won't melt with spray paint.  It can be cut with an X-acto knife, carved, heated to be bent (I'm thinking of curved factory walls in the future)  Does cost more though.  Base model is Plasticville's O-scale TV station.  Generator machine on exterior is Reaper Bones.  Consoles are Hirstarts casts.  Hope you like, and don't sleep on the grungy mattresses unless you own them!

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2016, 03:06:25 PM »
Nice addition! I like it. Maybe for more Post Apoc feeling a harder weathering on the whole piece. i think on Rust on the Antenna, more Rubble and trash around the Building etc.

Offline Treebeard

• Mad Scientist
  • Lazy French Painter
    • Painting Log
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2016, 05:13:44 PM »
^
Agree. A bit too clean for Post Apo.

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2016, 05:53:53 PM »
Great stuff! Especially love the big truck! You really nailed it right there.  :-* :-* 8)

Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Ithaquatini

• Librarian
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2016, 06:05:39 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions!  I think in the video game, the radio towers were actually pretty clean, but I agree it would look better with some rust.  I also need to print out another sheet of my paper debris to cut out and add to it (ran out) and add some dirt.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2016, 12:35:59 PM »
Excellent work some lovely terrain and miniatures being brought to life. Keep up the good work!