Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:33:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Jetengine in Frostgrave  (Read 17734 times)

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
Re: Jetengine in Frostgrave
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2020, 05:20:17 PM »
Good idea with the mouslings!
For some reson i cant see half of your photos in the thread

Their ancient, long dead links. I'll be updating the minis anyway

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2020, 12:58:57 PM »
Wargames Atlantic make some lovely War Hounds attached to their....Dark Age(?) Irish. Whilst I didn't need the Irish warriors I snagged a few of the hounds from Facebook, lovely guy just asked for the postage. Anyway a quick contrast/drybrush later and we have some Wild Dogs !

I dug out a Dr Who Enter The Time Vortex miniature that had been in a job lot I bought. It was a rather rubbery Werewolf. Even with a new paintjob its still a bit meh, the details are just too soft. Attempting eyes isn't great either haha

Finally I decided to do something with my long unused Age of Sigmar Endless Spells, I'm out of the GW game (I just can't afford the endless rules/book releases ) and my fantasy mass battle game of choice (One Page Rules Age of Fantasy,  check it out) doesn't use them, so what do with a giant mushroom and a spooky moon ? Why turn them into scenery and a major demon !

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2020, 02:58:56 PM »
great stuff. Good re-purposing of the GW 'endless spells' pieces.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2020, 10:41:07 PM »
Nice work.

I like those hounds especially.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2020, 10:50:43 AM »
A werewolfs head objective, always a nice way to earn some more gold in Frostgrave. Painted it up using contrast paints, had some pondering over the eyes. After an attempt to go for glassy white I settled on pure black (whether they've been plucked out or its the eyeball who knows?). I'm not usually a fan of gore on miniatures (its very easy to over do it and ruin everything) but I feel this warranted an attempt, I tried to go for a "fresh blood on crisp snow" kind of thing. Not quite sure if I achieved it tbh.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2020, 03:36:15 PM »
I've been busy working on other projects, trying to free up space for Frostgrave. Almost there though, thankfully I managed to get this Floating skull done. A really simple build and paint but surprisingly fun.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 06:49:34 PM »
Hey ho everyone ! Its been a little bit but I've got more Frostgrave goodness done, been finishing off a Troll army which has been taking up my time

First up is a Small Construct, always had difficulty finding decent models since they're described as "smaller then a man", luckily this odd medusa figure was just small enough that she could feasibly pass for a statuette, one gold paintjob and she was complete.

Similarly I needed 6 statues for one of the scenarios, this stumped me for a while trying to find something that looks "right" , then I discovered an amazingly simple way. You just double base a mini!  After that it was a really easy job of a grey spray and white/bone drybrush.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 10:44:12 AM »
Next up is a horde of giant rats! Reaper Bones miniatures which I'm not too happy with to be honest. Not sure if its a bad paint job on my end or the material but they're rather "glossy". Still I'm happy with the brick tiles they're on.

Also a new member of the gang, Sneach the Thug. Pirate isn't a class and I feel if your still at the game this far in land its a definite case for thuggery. Unlike other mouslings (whom I see socially as similar to hobbits) Sneach is a crook, a conman, a thief and generally an all around pirate. He's joined this gang just for the loot and is rather disliked by everyone else.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2021, 09:49:51 PM »
Frostgraves full of horrible beasties, its finding the right versions of them thats the fun bit.

The bear is your standard Northstar one, whilst I'm happy enough with the paintjob I find the miniature itself a tad mediocre. Very cramped on its base. The Boar is from a Games Workshop Orc Boar Rider (from the sadly now OOP kit), it has a wonderfully feral look about it unlike the Northstar Rat/Boar combo pack. I rushed it to be honest but I think It'll do considering  he's sword fodder.

Now the ice toad I quite like as a sculpt, its extremely charming and feels like a Henson puppet. Whilst I'd prefer a lighter scheme, my darker one works equally as well. Finally there's the Ghoul, a simple Games Workshop plastic with a quick paintjob. I was trying to go for a "frozen flesh" colour scheme though its become a bit cartoony.

Finally to combat all these beasts is Cael, a heroic Mousling Knight! I intentionally made him brighter and shinier to give the classical chivalric look.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2021, 11:02:25 AM »
excellent.

agree with you about the NS bear too.

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2021, 01:58:04 PM »
Nice additions. I am sure they will get plenty of tabletop time.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2021, 09:40:13 AM »
With over a month of time inbetween the last post and now there has been a ton of progress.

One of my favourite end results (if one of the most frustrating to paint) the Rune Golem from Rune Wars is a lovely miniature, even if its very monopose. I bought four of them on an offer, this was a tester but will work well in Frostgrave. I went nuts on the edge highlighting and its certainly worked.

On a smaller scale is the Nolzurs Ghast, whom I'll be running as a Vampire. I'm more in favour of Nosferatu style monstrous vampires then your elegant creatures of the night, so this guy works very well

You can't have a Vampire without Zombies or Ghouls! The zombies are a hodgepodge of Mantic and GWs, ironically I tried to avoid the cliched green skin initially but fell into it by accident. The Ghoul was an attempt to sculpt a flagstone base, it didnt work out too well, so I aped my other ghouls paint scheme albeit with contrast paints (hence the brightness) but I'm fine with it. These are partially defrosted, crazy monster men running around a magic city, realism is optional.

Finally, the first of many treasure tokens to litter the streets of Felstad. A reaper miniature, its simultaneously too detailed yet not detailed enough. Its ok though, even if my picture is horrendous lol

« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 10:02:54 AM by jetengine »

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2021, 09:50:20 AM »
That Rune Golem is a great model!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2021, 10:28:26 AM »
great mix of figures.

Offline jetengine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2021, 10:29:25 AM »
That Rune Golem is a great model!

It is, such a shame its oop, but FFG buggered up their own game.

Almost forgot, heres some Skellybobs (old and new) with more treasure markers, this time the official ones and some pillars.