Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:43:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Project z. Warlord games zombie game.  (Read 16792 times)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Re: Project z. Warlord games zombie game.
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2016, 10:56:13 PM »
Just to let you guys know, we (Grekwood Miniatures) are also taking pre-orders for Project Z. We have all the items individually and have even knocked a little extra off.

http://www.grekwoodminiatures.co.uk/ProjectZ.php

There is currently limited amounts available of each item due to how much I can currently buy in.

Cheers

How much to post to Amsterdam? :D
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2016, 02:30:01 AM »
I went for the whole package this past weekend....figure they would be great for not only Z, but Supersystem and TNT
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Rovanite

• Librarian
    • Grekwood Miniatures
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2016, 12:19:58 PM »
How much to post to Amsterdam? :D

Too Bo Coo - It depends on what items you would like to get since it's all based on weight. If you want to send me an email grekwoodminis@btinternet.com I can calculate it for you. I'm waiting to hear about the weight of the game itself before I can provide a postage estimate, but the other boxes should be easy enough to calculate.
www.grekwoodminiatures.co.uk
rovanite.blogspot.co.uk
On Facebook too!

Offline el_ojo_y_la_sombra

• Student
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2016, 02:25:11 PM »
In Wayland they have the game box on preorder (for 30 pounds) but not the expansions. Very curious about the final prices of the extra packs. Wargames factoy boxes were really cheap but seens that warlord would be expensier (around more than double for survivors).

If pre order pack is 110 pounds for core + 5 expansions. Core is 30p so 80/5 is 16 pounds per box... (of 10 survivors, when wargames factory boxes had 30 por around 22 pounds I believe).
Survivors boxes now have an extra waepon sprue per survivor sprue (instead of one weapon sprue per 3 survivors sprues) but not really apeling if I can find some of the old boxes.

On the other hand core and bikers box (having the leader mini) would be on my list to buy for sure.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:34:55 PM by el_ojo_y_la_sombra »

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2016, 03:22:49 PM »
The survivor boxes dont look like any big bargain if you already have the earlier ones....which I do :D

Offline Rovanite

• Librarian
    • Grekwood Miniatures
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2016, 04:36:33 PM »
Very curious about the final prices of the extra packs.

I have them all on the Grek Minis Website. I've actually taken extra off of everything compared to the RRP - a bit of a pre-order discount :)

• Student
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2016, 08:41:11 PM »
I have them all on the Grek Minis Website. I've actually taken extra off of everything compared to the RRP - a bit of a pre-order discount :)

Are those official prices? or an stimation based on the whole pack?

Offline Rovanite

• Librarian
    • Grekwood Miniatures
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2016, 11:05:34 PM »
They are official, well, kind of. The prices on my website are official for what I am selling them for.

However, the RRP I was provided by Warlord, suggests that the Zombie Horde, Male Survivors, Female Survivors, and the Special Ops guys, should all be £15 per box. The Bikers RRP per box should be £25.00, and the game itself should be £30.

I just decided to knock a little extra off :)

The bundle deal then technically (on Warlord) saves you £5 (I think.. once it's all added up). The deal on mine saves you £15.01, but postage is on top of that which "may" bring it up closer to what Warlord are selling (depending on whether someone is in the UK, Europe or other since postage is different depending where people are).

• Student
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2016, 09:51:52 AM »
25 pounds for 3 bikes and 4 models on foot?

Contains enough parts to make 6 gangers including 2 bikes plus this stunning Gang Leader model with pillion rider (and lots of weapon options!). Also includes game cards unique to this expansion set.

Bikers box just fell out from my buying list...
Seens like survivors boxes pack 2 sprues (models + extra weapons) and the biker also pack 2 sprue (base bikers + smaller sprue with leader). Any real reason for warlord to charge 10 more pound per box other than "cool-model-sure-they-pay-for-them"?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:51:36 AM by el_ojo_y_la_sombra »

Offline Rovanite

• Librarian
    • Grekwood Miniatures
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2016, 10:52:41 AM »
25 pounds for 3 bikes and 4 models on foot?

Bikers box just fell out from my buying list...
Seens like survivors boxes pack 2 sprues (models + extra weapons) and the biker also pack 2 sprue (base bikers + smaller sprue with leader). Any real reason to charge 10 more pound per box other than "cool-model-sure-they-pay-for-them"?

I have no clue why they are priced like that compared to the others. I just have to price them against what I can buy them in for (and what Warlord have said the RRP is).

The only justification I can think of is that the bikes themselves are pretty large models, so they are the equivalent (in plastic) to a few figures each (so assuming each bike is at least 3 figures worth (could be more), you're getting 9 figures in 3 bikes). Apart from that, I'm all out of ideas. I'll have to wait until the sprue's are in my hand to really have a look.

It's technically better value for money to buy the game itself since you get 2 bikes and 4 biker foot men. You just don't get the leader biker and the extra weapons (I could be wrong on the weapons). Plus you get the rules and a bunch of other figures and dice.

Offline Jerekin

• Assistant
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2016, 02:00:15 PM »
Nice, 1/3 models, same Price. *Irony off*

(Well technically it's 1/2 of the sprues, but what do I want with the leftover parts from that weapons sprue. 3:1 survivor to weapon sprue ratio from WGF was just perfect. Still many left over bits.)
-.-)

When you look at the bikes it becomes even worse. Warlord includes one bike sprue and the new boss sprue at a higher price, while WGF planned three bike sprues for the same price as their other boxes...

Edit: Spec Ops even seems to include only one sprue.

What also pisses me off is, that you can only get the male Zombies with the female ones together. Already got 30. Clone city incoming...

So no more Budget gaming from WGF I guess.

Might as well just get everything in metal...

I really dislike how the new big ones start to exploit everything and transform my favorite stuff into
this boutique **** for the crowds via hype and marketing.

Sorry, I am a bit angry.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:15:39 PM by Jerekin »

• Student
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2016, 03:30:09 PM »
I have no clue why they are priced like that compared to the others. I just have to price them against what I can buy them in for (and what Warlord have said the RRP is).

The only justification I can think of is that the bikes themselves are pretty large models, so they are the equivalent (in plastic) to a few figures each (so assuming each bike is at least 3 figures worth (could be more), you're getting 9 figures in 3 bikes). Apart from that, I'm all out of ideas. I'll have to wait until the sprue's are in my hand to really have a look.

It's technically better value for money to buy the game itself since you get 2 bikes and 4 biker foot men. You just don't get the leader biker and the extra weapons (I could be wrong on the weapons). Plus you get the rules and a bunch of other figures and dice.

But make very little sense when the zombie box is 15p for 23 miniatures.
It should be more logical that survivors, spec ops and biker at same price and the zombie horde at higher one. But why then pay 25 pounds for 23 zombies when you can have the game box for 30pounds?
Sad, if fianlly these are the price, probably drop even the core box. Not really liked to be taken for a fool.

Obviously no offense about your web, it is a critic to Warlord RRP

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2016, 03:32:09 PM »
Nice, 1/3 models, same Price. *Irony off*

(Well technically it's 1/2 of the sprues, but what do I want with the leftover parts from that weapons sprue. 3:1 survivor to weapon sprue ratio from WGF was just perfect. Still many left over bits.)
-.-)

When you look at the bikes it becomes even worse. Warlord includes one bike sprue and the new boss sprue at a higher price, while WGF planned three bike sprues for the same price as their other boxes...

Edit: Spec Ops even seems to include only one sprue.

What also pisses me off is, that you can only get the male Zombies with the female ones together. Already got 30. Clone city incoming...

So no more Budget gaming from WGF I guess.

Might as well just get everything in metal...

I really dislike how the new big ones start to exploit everything and transform my favorite stuff into
this boutique **** for the crowds via hype and marketing.

Sorry, I am a bit angry.

I agree 100%.  Once Warlord bought WF, I knew WF's days as a reasonably priced alternative was over.  This is even worse than I thought.  It's like the old GW model, less of the same models at a higher pricepoint....

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2016, 03:51:44 PM »
Glad I already have the male and female Z's.  Survivor types are all over the place and I was never really interested in them!  What a shame that they're going the route of "The Company That Shall Remain Nameless"!  And for me to try a new rule set at this point...It better be dammed interesting!
"They seek him here, they seek him... There he is!"

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2016, 04:02:50 PM »
I have all the WGF sets (including 2 sets of the male zombies :'().

I actually remember wondering how I was going to make all the figures sufficiently different, as there were so many. Maybe Warlord are just thinking about the poor gamers, and saving them having to worry about that problem  lol

But, yeah, that's a serious price hike. Not even sure about the basic game anymore, as I don't need the figures. If reviews of the rules are positive then I may be persuaded.