Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:35:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Questions from - 7-Feb-2016 Grapevine, TX Noon  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Grumbling Grognard

• Scientist
Questions from - 7-Feb-2016 Grapevine, TX Noon
« on: February 03, 2016, 08:45:12 PM »
7-Feb-2016 Grapevine, TX    Noon

I will be teaching the rules and running as many as 3 games using PRE-built lists. Up to 6 newbies welcome. I wish to test play/balance for a possible set of convention scenarios using pre-built lists.

Store opens and I will be setting up at noon.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 10:11:50 PM by Grumbling Grognard »
Scott Clinton
(aka The Grumbling Grognard)

Offline Grumbling Grognard

• Scientist
Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:02:36 PM »
I had a much lighter turn-out this time but at least I was able to actually play instead of just umpire all day.

I had a few questions that came up, they were quite easily delt with, but I thought I would seek feedback here from Uncle Mike and the other folks...

1.) Using the "Living Idol", can/does the idol tenticle attack work the same way to drag entire mobs into base-to-base contact for melee as for individual figures?  In our case, there was a mob of zombies near, they were "hit" by a shooting attack from teh Living Idol's tenticles...  We played it as if the entire mob was pulled into base-to-base (where it was slowly ripped apart over the next few turns -- and it all seemed about right to me ).

[edit - after a bit of thought....] I have decided that I will allow this just as we played it.  The only other "logical" alternative IMHO, would be to have it pull one single figure *out of the mob*.  But that just seems to me like it would over-complicate the entire process, for little game play/fun-type payoff.

2.) Using the Living Idol, can it "shoot" the tenticles into melee?  Example: An agent and a MiGo were in melee 6" away from the idol when it came time to assign "tenticle shots".  I ruled no just to keep the game going, and to at worst fault on the side of the other player (I was playing the lurkers).  However, in retrospect, I don't like that idea as it seems quite wrong for the idol to even care there was a melee going on.  I am considering allowing this on the caveat that either a.) all combatants in the melee are assigned a shooting attack from the tenticles or b.) the tenticle attacks are assigned randomly to the melee combatants.  This of course then adds the question if one is pulled out of melee and an enemy is not, do they get a free hit on you (I would think yes, life sucks when you are attacked by a living idol what can I say!  >:D )

[edit - after a bit of thought....]  I have decided that I will allow this.  Should a figure be yanked out of melee, and his opponent left behind, I will give the enemy a free hit.

3.) Regarding lurkers that have random attacks (ex. "Living Idol"):  Are these attacks randomized for each melee?  Each turn?  Also, for critters like the Living Idol that have both shooting and melee attacks, are they both random and if so, are they separate rolls each turn/melee?  I am lazy, so I ruled one roll, per turn per critter so in our case I would roll one time at the very start of the lurker turn and that is the number of "tenticle shooting attacks" as well as melee attacks (in each melee that turn) that I gave the idol.

[edit - after a bit of thought....]  I have decided that I continue to work this in the same way as well as it is just faster and no less random.

4.) Regarding dynamite: If you have the skill "Muntions Expert" and roll a "1" you do not drop the dynamite at your own feet (lit), but instead are simply out of dynamite for the rest of the scenario.  However, if you forgoe this skill and take your chances you can never (literrally) run out of dynamite.  In our game, the Threshold player did *not* have the skill of muntions expert, and they *did* drop a stick of dynamite at there own feet...and took a hit.  However, *if* I had given that character the munitions expert skill (as I had pondered), they would have lost the scenario entirely as they would not have then had the chance to "comeback" and toss two more sticks of dynamite and destroy the idol.  This, in retospect, does not seem right to me.  I would (humbly) suggest that this limitation on the Muntions Expert skill be re-examined (perhaps extended to all dynamite mis-fires?).

[edit - after a bit of thought....]  I have decided that if *any* figure using dynamite has a misfire, regardless of the outcome of the misfire, a second roll is made to determine if the figure is out of dynamite for the current scenario.  Only another "1" on this second roll will result in the loss of the dyanmite for the remainder of the current scenario, otherwise, assuming the figure lives through the misfire, they may continue to try to use dynamite in the current battle normally.

Thats it, nothing critical, nothing I can and have not already "fixed" for my games but I thought I would post for feedback and advice.

Scott

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:22:52 PM by Grumbling Grognard »