Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:44:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: new stuff from Perry Miniatures : motorbikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 12838 times)

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
Re: new stuff from Perry Miniatures : motorbikes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2016, 04:27:32 PM »
i'm painting them, then, i'll try to sell them to a 20mm fan ... :?

basically the Perry stuff is decent to excellent but mostly "in scale" ...
This  Warlord truck is a quite nice one, but way too small .
and some others are f***ing huge ... the Renault FT is 1/51 scale ( and false, but not too much ) ...

good idea Grant, i can use them to replace unicycles for the Eureka Pax Limpopo clowns ...  lol

Dans les situations critiques, quand on parle avec un calibre bien en pogne, personne ne conteste plus. Y'a des statistiques là-dessus.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2016, 04:29:14 PM »
Warlord also sell a Wrecked House described as "for 28mm wargaming"

http://store.warlordgames.com/products/wrecked-house

Which I believe is the same model sold by Italeri and scaled at 1/72

http://shop.italeri.com/Products/21283-6161-wrecked-house.aspx
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2016, 07:27:06 PM »
Clearly Minitrue let that one slip by... It is a Warlord building, it has always been a Warlord building.  >:D  

Shame there's no car port or garage though, you could put the truck in there.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 07:29:05 PM by Arlequín »

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2016, 09:27:27 PM »
It would fit perfectly!
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2016, 10:45:50 PM »
Clearly Minitrue let that one slip by... It is a Warlord building, it has always been a Warlord building.  >:D  

It's definitely a Voldemort building when you compare the price differential.

Here's a funny thing. Italeri and WL partnered to produce a range of 1/56 vehicles. Most but not quite all of them are available from Italeri direct or through their retail outlets. They can also be purchased through Warlord and its range of distributors. The only difference is the prominence of the Warlord vs Italeri logos on the box.

The kits are nice, albeit over and sometimes poorly engineered  as well as being less adaptable vis a vis Rubicon, their main competitor. They are a bit more fiddly to put together without being any more detailed or accurate.

The interesting bit is that if you buy the Italeri boxed kit in Australia, they range around the $28 mark (a few months they were around $24), the exception being their Sherman which retails around $45.

Buy the Warlord games boxed version and the price sky rockets to $45-50 for the same fucking kit. That's around the same price as the Rubicon version, which are nicer kits.  Obvious lessons here?

Now it's probably true that Italeri and more established retail network than WL but in this part of the world it's not that marked, there aren't that many plastic model retailers any more and fewer still that carry the 1/56 line.

So the way to know when something is truly Warlord is when there's a 30-50% mark up.

Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Budyenny

• Student
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2016, 11:04:10 PM »
Back after too long away,

I too have the French civilian 1000kg truck. When I received it, it appeared too small. Same thing with the FT 17 way too big for the Perry's stuff.

I am at the least very unhappy about the scale discrepancy, I wanted the truck for the Vichy 75mm as a tow vehicle, and the FT as inf support.

I have the Blitzkreig R35 two of them and they are little beauties in comparison as are the Tanake trucks. It looks like I will have to use the FT for my RCW Copplestone collection where the scale may work. The truck? I guess I will try to use it for the time being. I will purchase a Morris as the tow for the 75mm in time.

This now leads to me to ask all, where do I get a good 1/56th scale FT17 to go with my Perry Vichy stuff, that I can obtain here in UK? Also I would like to obtain a Woody as I am sure these were avaialble in the Levant, anyone know where to get one from?

Regards.

Paul Ireland

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2016, 11:22:34 PM »

The interesting bit is that if you buy the Italeri boxed kit in Australia, they range around the $28 mark (a few months they were around $24), the exception being their Sherman which retails around $45.

Buy the Warlord games boxed version and the price sky rockets to $45-50 for the same fucking kit. That's around the same price as the Rubicon version, which are nicer kits.  Obvious lessons here?

So the way to know when something is truly Warlord is when there's a 30-50% mark up.

Premium pricing that is...  ;)
(At least according to my definition).
:D

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2016, 11:32:01 PM »
Renault FT : empress ? trenchwork ?

for the woody , don't know .

you want a tow for the vichy french 75 in levant ?
3 alternatives :
-horses ( half of the batteries )
-Unic P107 ( a single battery )
-Portee on trucks ( mostly renault ) ... ( and with a tractor for each gun )

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2016, 12:20:00 AM »

This now leads to me to ask all, where do I get a good 1/56th scale FT17 to go with my Perry Vichy stuff, that I can obtain here in UK? Also I would like to obtain a Woody as I am sure these were avaialble in the Levant, anyone know where to get one from?

Regards.

Paul Ireland

No shortage of 1/56 FT-17s out there. Old Glory (a bit on the small scale, circa 1/60) Empress, Trenchworx, Brigade Games. The latter three are all listed as 1/56 and they are usually quite accurate scale wise.

IIRC Rif Raf sold one at one point but I think it was the old FoA one. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten one or two and that's not counting 1/48 and paper models.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2016, 12:29:09 AM »
Premium pricing that is...  ;)
(At least according to my definition).
:D

I'd bought the Watlord kit as at the time I didn't know about the Italeri alternative. I wasn't annoyed at the price difference (after all I'd judged it to be worth to me what I paid at the time) but I was annoyed at the scaling: I couldn't use it as intended and so broke the kit for parts.

Offline Budyenny

• Student
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2016, 09:54:06 PM »
Thanks to all who replied ref Ft17 and Woody. Loue, I like the idea of 75mm prtee, do you know or anyone for that matter whether the Warlord Citroen truck is 1/56th or is this another bogus scaled model?

Budyenny.

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2016, 10:56:02 PM »
i don't know, i'm still afraid of scale issues with Warlord vehicles ...
i was thinking to a diecast White truck as some were used in the levant . Siku produced one who seem's to be 1/55

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2016, 11:48:21 PM »
Lou, I was under the impression that MCGs towed 75 mm in the Levant.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2016, 08:17:30 AM »
It depends on the gun. If it had pneumatic wheels (and usually a modern brake system fitted) it was 'usually' towed. If it still had the old wooden spoked wheels (as in the photo) then it had to be towed quite slowly in vehicle terms; the 'portee' method allowed better mobility. It wasn't just a French phenomenon, although they probably pioneered the method (and gave it its name) back in the '20s, or something like that.

I would guess from Lou's list that only the battery with P107s had guns with pneumatic wheels.

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2016, 10:24:31 AM »
Lou, I was under the impression that MCGs towed 75 mm in the Levant.

wrong Helen, a MCG was used by the Australians to "tow" ( in fact to extract" a 75mm from an entrenchement ...
MCG were issued to Tank units and Motorized ( both towed or portee ) artillery units as a rescue tractor . Never as a tow .
Somua MCG were used to tow 155mm guns and 105mm "long" and the super heavy 155 GPF .
I have found no evidence of the tractors used by the only unit of motorized towed 105mm ( the others were horse or portee ones )  .
a complete battery used Laffly S35 to tow 155mm CS .

I'm waiting for more time to give a look to the artillery units diaries in Levant to have more accurate informations .
I have found the origin of those Unic P107 after a whole day of reserach :

picture taken in 1940 ...