Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:37:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Two questions  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Lord puberis

• Schoolboy
Two questions
« on: April 02, 2016, 11:49:23 AM »
Hi all,

First post so apologies if I have missed this elsewhere.
I have two questions,
1. Can anyone explain how the point cost for swarms work? Is it a seperate base/model for every point multiplied by D3- so by spending 1pt, you could possibly have 3 seperate bases all with the swarm stat line?

2. IF a model is equipped with 2 melee weapons, do they receive the ccb for both before removing the -1 negative? - I know this isn't the case with rolling to wound, but it doesn't specify for when rolling to hit.

Thanks

Jk

Offline Grumbling Grognard

• Scientist
Re: Two questions
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 05:58:04 PM »
I am not "official" but I have been playing these as:

#1) Yes, 1pt buys you 1d3 models, so you may get as many as 3 or as few as 1.  So far, I have just been giving/taking 2 with each point, to remove the random factor prior to the game even starting.  But, that is just because I am getting the feel of them right now.

#2) You will need to roll for the attacks separately.  If you have a knife and a clever, both will be at a "-1" (unless you have the Two-Fisted skill) because you are using 2-melee weapons, but they both have different "to-hit" modifiers, so the final modifier will be different (ie. clever will be at a +1 to hit and the knife will be at a final "+0" to hit).  Depending on which weapon hits, they will have differing damage rolls as well.

....darn good question btw.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:03:18 PM by Grumbling Grognard »
Scott Clinton
(aka The Grumbling Grognard)

Offline Lord puberis

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 07:19:18 PM »
Hey bud,

Appreciate the response.

I'm not sure I agree with point 2 though.

If you take an agent for example, they would have 3 attacks, how would these attacks be split?
Also, the 'to wound' roll is at your choice, so rolling separately for each weapon doesn't fit the rules.
My friend and I think you use one weapon profile, as with the 'to wound roll' so if you had a cleaver and knife you would roll at +1 for all attacks?
But it's a bit unclear, it specifies for the 'to wound roll' but not for the 'to hit roll'
Wouldn't mind an official ruling just to clear it up.

Jk

Offline MikeJenkins

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 08:58:31 PM »
Thanks for clarifying the swarms thing GG, myself and the OP here were trying to puzzle this out yesterday and that's how I finally thought it would be (this was about my 3rd interpretation though!)

My interpretation for the modifiers for two weapons was that he gets to pick the best modifier to both damage and CC bonus rolls (example):

Cult Leader model, with a torch and a club
Has 2 attacks at basic statline
Having two CC weapons he can get an extra attack (but CC bonus to a -1)
I figure he gets to pick the best modifier to both damage and CC bonus rolls, so can take a +2 to hit in CC (-1 making it overall 3d6+1 to hit), and can then pick to use the torch damage profile (1d6+1 with the extra fire effect)

Again, if anyone plays differently or knows if this is definitely wrong/right we would appreciate the guidance!

Offline Grumbling Grognard

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 02:43:20 AM »
I can see letting them pick/use the best modifier in both dice rolls (i.e. "to-hit" and "to-damage").  

I have just been using differing color dice.  In your example, with 3 attacks, I have just been letting them "assign the dice" as they want, as long as each "weapon" gets at least one attack dice.  So, most people with a second of thought would assign the clever to 2 dice and the knife to 1.  This just seemed 'right', was quite easy to accomplish and rationalize AND (to me at least) is not a new concept having used this in various game systems for a very, very long time.

I think I prefer it 'my way' as it is easier to rationalize the hit with the clever, for example, getting the better modifier to damage and not letting the better damage modifier apply to all hits, just because he has the clever in the other hand.  Of course the same logic goes for the to-hit, why would the knife in the left hand benefit from the larger clever in the right?  ....But this may all be a bit of over-think for a game such as this as well so ymmv.   :D ... [edit] on second thought, that is way too much over-think.

Scott
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:01:57 PM by Grumbling Grognard »