Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690959
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: More zeds studio miniatures Second Set.  (Read 21132 times)

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
Re: More zeds studio miniatures Second Set.
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 10:20:06 AM »
As stated earlier i ordered both sets (thurs 9pm) and they arrived today (sat 9am) excellent service, packaging superb came in video cases packaged as a zombie flick, foam inserts to keep the figs in place.The figures themselves are superb the pics dont do them justice plus the free george romero.

And I agree this forum is excellent and if some one wants to say that a figures not the best qaulity ok but slagging a company off becuse they are doing such and such might be better in an other business section instead of hi jacking the threads.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2009, 03:24:11 PM »
As stated earlier i ordered both sets (thurs 9pm) and they arrived today (sat 9am) excellent service, packaging superb came in video cases packaged as a zombie flick, foam inserts to keep the figs in place.The figures themselves are superb the pics dont do them justice plus the free george romero.

And I agree this forum is excellent and if some one wants to say that a figures not the best qaulity ok but slagging a company off becuse they are doing such and such might be better in an other business section instead of hi jacking the threads.

Quite.

Anyway the special limited George A Romero-esque Zombie director/film person. Is very nice indeed well worth the double order.

Can't wait to get paint on him, hopefully be done in time for salute.

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline MuleSkinner

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2009, 03:34:10 PM »
well i'll still buy a couple of boxes, regardless of wether scurv thinks i'm an arseclown or not  ;)
Minor skin grafts can be performed on pigs by covering any cuts and grazes with thin strips of bacon.

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2009, 07:52:29 PM »
Anyway the special limited George A Romero-esque Zombie director/film person

Is this part od some special package deal or do you just get it if you order both sets? I didn't see anything on the site... (but that could just be errancy on my part...)

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
there is a pic of the figure on the site but it does not mention the figure at all,it comes in set one but again isnt mentioned (or shown) on the box , so no idea but its a great figure

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2009, 08:42:26 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, hopefully I'll have both sets on their way shortly.  I'm certainly looking forward to seeing future releases - the scupting and the paint jobs are excellent.
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2009, 09:21:24 PM »

Is this part od some special package deal or do you just get it if you order both sets? I didn't see anything on the site... (but that could just be errancy on my part...)

I ordered the first two sets of zeds, and the Romero zed was free - great service, great minis.

:)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2009, 10:33:31 PM »

I ordered the first two sets of zeds, and the Romero zed was free - great service, great minis.

:)

Got mine free with my one set. nice!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2009, 11:06:12 PM »
Whats the matter Scurv, did Kev White run your cat over or something?

As much as you have a go at people that dare to criticise Wargames Factory for producing figures that look like they've been left on the radiator for too long, you seem to have a fixation with attacking HF.....

pot kettle black?

;)
Are you their sockpuppet or is it you just know they are stealing others IP and you are happy to participate in it?

Anyway I have expressed my thoughts on the issue and I accept its up to the studios to protect their IP and the courts to decide if they are being ripped off. Though if it was a horse race I know which verdict I would bet the house on.

Oh get a life will you! LAFers shouldn't have to deal with your drivel!

Why don't you leave posting for a few days...let your medication kick in eh?

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2009, 11:21:01 PM »
Guys, guys, tone it down a bit with the name-calling, yes? We are not TMP in either way. ;) I´m not a moderator for this sub-board, but I´d like to ask you to discuss it in a more polite manner (and yes, I fully respect both sides´ views).

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2009, 11:39:46 PM »
What are you really so upset about Viper?

While we're asking questions, why don't you tell us why you're so hot on IP? Go on, lay your cards on the table. Maybe you could give some examples to the non-art student types amongst us of art that isn't derivative?

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2009, 12:10:16 AM »
er..hate to be boring and disrupt this thread by talking about miniatures but earlier in the thread someone asked about size comparison ,they are spot on with my hasslefree.

Offline Lordblackwing

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2009, 12:16:49 AM »
So, Scurv are you saying that no one in the TV/Film industry has ever ripped off and idea or done a "derivation" of it? It seems that most of the current american television is a rework of a sucessful british series from 3 to 5 years ago. Is that not IP ripoff, or did they buy the idea from the Brits? Lets face it, most sculpts, storylines, color schemes, ad nausem are derivations of folktales and characters that go back hundreds of years.
 Back on topic, I will have to order some of these soon, any idea how lomg the special figure is available? ???
A fellow follower of the Lead Mountain

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2009, 12:19:16 AM »
What are you really so upset about Viper? Is it due to the fact I have a valid point? Anyway if its so horrible to read and so offensive to the wider LAF community I suggest you report it to the mods.

Im pretty sure they will just tell you to grow a pair and settle down.

i)This isn't Frother's or TMP hence the reserve and continue effort to get this back on target
ii)You are continually derailing this thread.
iii) Again LAF mods like those of us who are hear don't appreciate your pointless name calling and bad mouthing of people
iv) It's a Y not an i
v) Global recession
vi) The last bit of jam that is just out of reach at the bottom of the jar.

If there's anything else I'll be sure to let you know.

End of the day my original post was bringing these great miniatures to those that would want to see then. You don't like them so why post?

Anyway (AGAIN)

Anyone got any painted up yet? George is undercoated and hopefully I'll start him tomorrow

The Commander

Offline Bungle

• Scientist
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2009, 12:21:37 AM »
Nice Zombies.

IP: Eureka were never approached re their homage figures, they voluntarily pulled them.

Only one company was approached, he fought it in court and still produces the miniatures in 20mm.