Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:07:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686585
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Genghis' Inq28 [Cawdor trio added 13 Feb 24]  (Read 83478 times)

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Necromunda Hangers' On added 18 Nov 22]
« Reply #315 on: November 21, 2022, 02:20:45 AM »
Love those street vendors.  What fantastic flavorful( ;)) additions!

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Necromunda Hangers' On added 28 Nov 22]
« Reply #316 on: November 28, 2022, 08:10:44 PM »
Thank-you all.

Love Dibbler with the mustard and ketchup bottles. Not too sure on what he's selling though. ;)
Neither is he!  lol

Some questions are best left unasked, and even better unanswered.

I think Walker might struggle to sell that floppy disc, mind, unless he also deals in restricted archaeotech....

The perfect hack-proof message technology that the Sanctioners can’t de-encrypt – Walker will swear on your mother’s grave that the only two cogitators in the whole hive that can read this advanced floppy disc technology are the two that he just sold you.

Meanwhile, here's another three Necromunda supporting cast/NPCs, L-R: a Caryatid, Ezekiel the Relic Trader and MJ the Dome Runner.  The Caryatid was a bonus figure with one of Axiom’s pre-Crooked Dice Colony 87 Kickstarters.  Ezekiel is the Mayor of Helsreach figure from Ramshackle Games that was given away as an event special figure at Bring Out Your Lead in 2018 (I can only apologise to Curtis for taking so long to paint him).  (I must also acknowledge the colour scheme inspiration from Asslessman's interpretation of this figure.)  Finally, MJ is a pilot from the Crooked Dice Colony 87 range, with her helmet cut away and replaced with an axe, and her right hand cut clear from her hip and a holster put in place.

Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 37  Figures Painted: 6
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #317 on: November 28, 2022, 09:50:09 PM »
Very cool  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
« Reply #318 on: November 29, 2022, 12:58:50 PM »
Fantastic group of figures (not that I'm biased@). Really like the skin tattoos on the little blue guy. Neat work on the holster on the pilot :)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #319 on: November 30, 2022, 09:21:00 PM »
...Really like the skin tattoos on the little blue guy. Neat work on the holster on the pilot :)

Thank-you.  I was pleasantly surprised how they turned out for just some neat thinned purple squiggles followed with a glaze over the whole figure.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Necromunda Hangers' On added 24 Dec 22]
« Reply #320 on: December 24, 2022, 09:51:51 PM »
As the year winds down, I’m in a sprint to get as close as possible to breaking even on the figures in vs figures out for the year.  With another 10 still to go after these I’m unlikely to make it, but I’ve got to try (now standing at 59 in, 49 painted).  (Kill Team Nachmund and the Colony 87 Kickstarter at the start of the year made it an uphill struggle from early on.)

Anyway, I’ve finished the last of my current batch of Necromunda hangers on, L-R: An as yet unnamed Bullet Merchant (rocking the Sláva Ukrayíni! look), Steph Irwin the Beast Wrangler and Judge Arnaud Beltrame of the Adeptus Arbites, operating alone, requisitioning whatever support he requires (not always the local Enforcers) to shine the light of the Emperor’s justice into the darkest reaches of the Underhive.

The Bullet Merchant is an old Macrocosm Space Elf Corsair with new hands and head (the latter from Anvil), and the knife held across his body cut away and cleaned up; I’m quite pleased with how he came out, and loving his strong hat and moustache game. 

Steph is the free figure from Salute a few years ago, with a new pistol (for a more 40K look) and the chain disappointingly snapped off her left hand (it would be too fragile if glued back on, so I just left it).

Judge Beltrame is the original Artel W Chastener with a new head (again, Anvil), giving the Bullet Merchant a run for his money in the hat and ‘tache stakes.  My original plan was to have him as another Enforcer/Sanctioner Capt, but his iconography and stylings don’t quite match the later Artel LEU figures I used.  The simple answer was to make him actual Arbites, rather than a local Enforcer.  He’ll probably get used as a Bounty Hunter, or Arbitrator-supplied character for special scenarios.  (If you’re unfamiliar with his namesake, google him – the man’s a hero.)

The final figures are a trio of Globrats from Krakon Games Games, knocked out in the interests of an easy three figures painted as the clock ticks down.  From Krakon’s fluff: Globrats are small, docile critters. They gorge on huge amounts of food and store it in their stomachs to digest. Their metabolism is incredibly slow, so they spend most of their time asleep or inactive. This trait has been abused by other species, who use them to store fuels or prohibited substances.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Robots added 29 Dec 22]
« Reply #321 on: December 29, 2022, 11:08:16 AM »
My latest figures are Lot and Abe, a brace of robots from Imitation of Life that I was lucky enough to win at SumpCon 2 – thank-you to both IoL and SCR.  Whilst perhaps not directly Necromunda/40K, they were fun to paint (and could always serve as helpful automatons/abominable intelligences – depending whether they’ve put an aquila badge on).  I took the opportunity to experiment with the The Painting Phase’s Dirty Down Rust techniques, which initially gave some fantastic results, but then I struggled to seal/fix the Dirty Down Rust and it reactivated and diluted when varnished.  I ended up leaving Abe as less rusty (he’s destined for my wife’s monitor at work and she preferred the grimy vice rusty look), but Lot got some paint to bring back the vibrancy to the rust.  (Whilst the robots are ageing and rusty, they keep their weapons clean.)

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #322 on: December 29, 2022, 01:03:08 PM »
Those are cool sculpts: I'd very happily field them in an Inq28 setting. Your colour scheme is striking too.

Offline Raedwald

• Librarian
« Reply #323 on: December 29, 2022, 03:14:30 PM »
A beautiful selection of minis lately, I’ve been loving the NPCs, and these robots look great.

Don’t know if we should expect more in the next couple of days, but in any case it’s been an impressive and inspiring output this year, as always, thanks!

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Genghis' Inq28 [Ogryn Groundies added 31 Dec 22]
« Reply #324 on: December 31, 2022, 09:42:30 AM »
Thank-you, it's nice to know my hobbying efforts are appreciated.  The robots' colour scheme was one of those lucky flashes of inspiration I occasionally get, and even more occasionally manage to successfully execute.  Funnily enough, one of my friends has just invited me to a co-op sci-fi dungeon crawl game with a single character each, built using the Stargrave First Mate rules; that's the ideal opportunity to take advantage of the ability to designate a Stargrave figure as a robot and take Lot as my character.  (Bending the rules a little as, strictly speaking, neither Captains nor First Mates should be robots, but is it it really gaming if you haven't house-ruled at least something?  ;) )

There's been just enough time for one last addition to this year's output, rounding things off with a trio of Ogryn ground crew from Crooked Dice’s Colony 87 range.  They’re a little short by contemporary GW ogryn standards, but it’s a big old galaxy with space for a lot of ogryn variety (or maybe they were just malnourished as nippers).  They were lovely figures to paint – good clean resin casts with nice chunky detail that responded well to careful drybrushing.  Since painting these I’ve found out that some Army Air Corps Regt groundie crew chiefs wear blue vests, so by happy coincidence there’s a nice real world nod – although hopefully the real AAC crew chiefs aren’t flummoxed by a vending machine.

That brings me to 54 figures painted this year vs 59 acquired, leaving me five in the red; I’ll have to be a little more disciplined in my buying next year.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #325 on: December 31, 2022, 11:44:49 AM »
Quality!
 8) 8)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #326 on: December 31, 2022, 11:57:11 AM »
Brill  8)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #327 on: December 31, 2022, 01:08:18 PM »
Great work as always mate, both the figures and the brilliant, characterful details in the background. 👏🏻
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Pattus Magnus

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #328 on: December 31, 2022, 05:00:16 PM »
Always good to see Ogryns in gainful employment! Your figures and backdrops are always a viewing treat.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #329 on: December 31, 2022, 09:18:26 PM »
Great looking trio :)
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza