Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:45:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Doctor Who miniatures - Warlord  (Read 7450 times)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Doctor Who miniatures - Warlord
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2017, 04:48:05 PM »
Which ones, the sea devils (or Larry the lamb) or the zombie astronauts from Silence in the Library?

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »
Which ones, the sea devils (or Larry the lamb) or the zombie astronauts from Silence in the Library?

Thanks, It was for both 😀
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Aeneades

• Bookworm
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2017, 09:59:45 AM »
The models are now available worldwide through the online store - https://doctorwhotimevortex.com

I picked up the base game and quite a few expansion packs at Salute. Not played the game yet but the plastic Daleks and Cybermen are nice.  Daleks are monopole but he Cybermen have three body models (standing, walking left foot forward, walking right foot forward) and three separate right arms (firing, melee attack / grabbing and walking), the game also comes with several different cyber-may sculpts. The Daleks will be pretty easy to convert to face in different directions.

Image of some quickly painted up plastic Time War Dalek Patrol with Patrol Leader attached.
The Cult of the Black Goat Cultist No. 33

Offline Humorous_Conclusion

• Bookworm
    • Wargames & Stuff
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2017, 10:36:41 AM »
The Tetraps seems an odd choice so early on in the range. Not exactly from a "classic" classic story.

My understanding is that they were a test for a new sculptor. They liked the results and so decided to release them.

I'm vaguely interested in this, though not really keen to start a new game. But, I think I might stick with the various unofficial models of the Doctor and companions I have picked up over the years and just use the Warlord monsters.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2017, 09:24:37 PM »
You might find a size issue with the Warlord figures being slightly larger than other figures that coincidentally look like Prince Philip, Chris Ryan or Kilgrave.

Offline gorgarrak

• Bookworm
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2017, 12:42:56 AM »
You might find a size issue with the Warlord figures being slightly larger than other figures

I've tried to find some civilians and bystanders for Into the Time Vortex, but to find minis that scale right with Warlords Who mins you may have to look outside wargames figures
Here are some cheap 1:50 scale model railway figures with Warlord metals

They paint up quite well too, even if they are channel long their inner 1980s Michael Parkinson and Thatcher

Mike
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 12:50:46 AM by gorgarrak »

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2017, 10:00:03 AM »
Good call.

Offline forrester

• Librarian
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2017, 09:05:34 PM »
I'm disappointed that I can't get enthused about this. It's a great shame. I wanted to like this. I mean, it's Doctor Who!
From what I can see you have to buy into the game at a cost of £35, with expansion packs that offer you a couple of miniatures but a box full of cards and extra rules.
I'd have liked the new Cybermen, but they don't appear to be available outside the basic game box.
I like to be able to pick up the models that appeal to me, without having to invest significantly in a game system and boxed sets.
And I certainly don't need all this in a "new scale"!

I was similarly grumpy years ago when Harlequin brought out "Invasion Earth" in Big Shiny Box mode. But I cracked after a while...

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2017, 09:17:23 PM »
I've used those scale figures as the basis for making my own sculpts before, I imagine they would work really well for Dr who where you can have normalish figures doing crazy stuff.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/