Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697714
  • Total Topics: 118855
  • Online Today: 625
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New stuff for Weird Wars - (15/07/2019) Heer 46 E-100 Kickstarter live  (Read 57706 times)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - more K47 Mechs (more added 7/3/17)
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2017, 11:59:26 AM »
I'd rather buy the DUST heavy walker (or probably a lighter one due to the size) TBH. :/

Ah, though the shipping cost on one of those things would probably be the same as one of those K47 walkers. :D

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - now with added PTO ( more added 22/12/16)
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2017, 10:54:16 AM »
WG/CG have released another render of a unit for K47, a robotic support unit for the Brits - I have to admit that this is one of their sculpts I'm not really convinced by (I prefer the numerous conversions based on universal carriers) - but it's mini I'm not fond of rather than the concept of more automated units - any thoughts?

Hooray, this is not the Automated Carrier.

The Automated Carrier is a Universal Carrier with built in Automated Infantry style operators (one 'gunner' and one 'driver'.

They had a model at Salute but I forgot to photograph it (someone must have).

I did mention the Praying Mantis concept to them.

Also a visual render of a British walker (not bad, shoulder cannon and arm mounted MMGs, armour plates bolted Cromwell style).

They had a print of a gun platform (open top walker) for the Allies.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2017, 01:41:39 PM »
Aye, here's pictures from their Facebook page of their K47 specific stuff (hopefully visible).

Its worth pointing out that the Germans in the second picture were previewed months ago. Since then they've had their trenchcoats removed, which seems odd (people complained that the way they were buttoned up was dumb, but I guess making them open was too much work, hmn...). The MGs still ( as with the whole K47 line) have their ammo belts on the wrong side ...and now appear stockless (along with the ARs, I guess for the pulp factor, as they're wearing exoskeletons). :(

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2017, 02:09:10 PM »
 I quite like the Automated Carrier, just welding a couple of robots into a UC seems right to me - but I love the London Bull Terrier models (I don't know what use they may be in K47, but in Secrets they'll provide a superior version of Nigel). I'd not seen the German infantry in gas masks & body armour before, I like them (& will undoubtedly pick some up once they're released) but will clearly have to replace most of the assault rifles - having most with something like a GW43 would've been preferable (hopefully the arms are seperate). I'm glad the greatcoats have gone - surely if you were going to have body armour a smock would've been more appropriate.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2017, 02:24:15 PM »
I'm not 100% on the German's arms due to the exoskeleton, but if they're following on from their other infantry they should be separate. If you want to give them G43s I'd recommend the Wargames Factory set which are a similar scale in plastic (though the Perry's stuff should also be a similar size, but I'm not sure if they only come with Kar-98ks). It looks like the exoskeleton is on their backs as well, in which case some creativity with a knife and greenstuff would be required (but no more than when I was removing the jetpacks from their Fallschirmjäger).

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2017, 03:09:15 PM »
 Are they in exo-skeletons - the pic's a little blurry, I thought they were just infantry with some body armour with small pauldrons? (If so I'll admit to being slightly less interested.) As long as I can get a saw in there to remove the arms or hands I don't mind too much. Unfortunately since WG swallowed WF their late war Germans seem to have disappeared (I'd been using their GW43 arms for my conversions for Secrets). I did pick up a load of the Assault Groups M14s & with a little judicious cutting & filing they're passable replacements.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2017, 04:39:04 PM »
They've an exoskeleton over their right arm which goes to a pack on their backs. I can't find it right now, but Clockwork Goblin posted a 360 shot of the test model on the K47 Facebook page a while ago which is a lot clearer.

Aye, that WGF was really common at one point, now its dried up. You can buy it in the US still for pennies, but the shipping is ridiculous. I tend to pick them up at shows, but the supply's running out unfortunately. I doubt that Warlord will release the WWII stuff (unlike the other ranges -which they sell for like 4 times the original cost), mostly due to it conflicting with their own line (despite being miles better), but I guess also as the kits weren't 100% accurate with the uniforms.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2017, 06:11:37 PM »
Cheers, I hadn't noticed the arm gubbins till you pointed it out. As to their usefulness, I guess it depends on if their arms are attached & how much repair/clean-up work I'd have to do once they were removed - pity they won't to be plastic (I imagine they'll be pewter like ther other K47 stuff).

Offline Keeper Nilbog

• Scientist
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2017, 10:10:53 PM »
You could always use the 'Black Sun Troopers' from the Acthung! Cthuhlu range. The box (expensive but lovely figures) give you 10 Gas-masked models, most with MP44, one with MG34/42 and 2 Flamethrower.

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2017, 12:57:51 AM »
You could always use the 'Black Sun Troopers' from the Acthung! Cthuhlu range. The box (expensive but lovely figures) give you 10 Gas-masked models, most with MP44, one with MG34/42 and 2 Flamethrower.

A word of warning, unless they changed their range for the set the Black Sun Troopers are "non-heroic" 28mm and will look small next to Warlord plastics or Clockwork Goblin figures.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2017, 03:39:42 PM »
Cheers Keeper Nilbog, the AC minis are really nice sculpts, but as Predatorpt says, they are on the small side compared to the WG & WF minis I've previously used to convert for Secrets. The other problem being that they're all in greatcoats & all have Sturmgewehrs. I'm always on the look-out for good models in standard uniform with smocks/Zeltbahn for rank & file troops, (I'll usually convert them to having body armour) & rifles (again converted to having GW43s or similar) preferably fitting in scalewise with my existing stuff.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2017, 06:16:52 PM »
This is probably useful.

Achtung Cthulhu, Clockwork Goblin, Warlord Games, Wargames Factory, CP Models, Heer46, Secrets of the Third Reich

* the Clockwork Goblin, Warlord Games and CP Models guys have integral bases. However the CP Models soldier still stands half a head taller than most other ranges.

** Larger image if need **
https://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/872895-Scales.html
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 11:57:29 PM by Wyrmalla »

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2017, 11:19:15 PM »
I see what you mean about the height of the CP minis, though a sprinkling of them amongst the others probably wouldn't look out of place. I really like the Clockwork Goblin FJ's, so I'll have to recruit some of those.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2017, 11:53:45 PM »
Aye, in the scheme of things I prefer the Heer46 for height, but the CP Models guys for their detail (the Heer46 is *really* chunky). Still looking for a middle ground (Artizan do so Kharkov style parkas well, but the guns are a bit meh).

With the Fallschirmjäger the jetpacks are molded to the body. The metal's pretty soft though, so I managed to hack the ones off of mine with some time, then covered up the mess with some small backpacks (something similar could be achieved with the pouches from the Tamiya 1/48th US Stowage kit). They're a really nice kit, its just finding a use for them. I'd recommend paring them along with Artizan's weird Fallschirmjäger (if you can find them on the cheap, instead of the individual packs they're now sold as) if you need riflemen - or just swap out the arms for the Wargames Factory ones with maybe some extra details added (these come with wrist mounted compasses as well, which're neat).  > or just use the FG-42s as rifles, as well only one per squad was supposed to be used in full auto - along with a bipod as a support weapon.

...But I digress. I really just like that kit (as with their other stuff, it could with more respirator heads though).

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
Re: New stuff for Weird Wars - more K47 Mechs (more added 3/5/17)
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2017, 01:00:37 PM »
 Here are a couple more previews of forthcoming K47 stuff - a British medium mech (previously mentioned by UVS) & some IJA infantry in body armour. The mech is interesting, but still in the render stage, while the infantry are continuing the CG trend for producing some very nice figure models - though the cylindrical divers helmet is a little odd (though I like it).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 01:04:55 PM by Ballardian »