Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 10:35:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696867
  • Total Topics: 118797
  • Online Today: 512
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Goalsystem] Super Mission Force  (Read 49482 times)

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
Re: [Goalsystem] Super Mission Force
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2016, 10:52:48 PM »
I agree too (no automatic armor). In comics, we sometimes see sidekicks having their momentum and defeating big badies/heroes. That's a cool thing, and it's always a load of fun on the tabletop when a cheap/weak unit destroys the big monster or hero !

Even with 1 damage prevented that would still happen given the way damage is dealt in the game. It's worth seeing how the current 3 re-rolls works out first though.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2016, 10:32:36 AM »
Well, at least my suggestion got people talking.  lol Like I said before I can see both sides of the argument, but haven't gotten in any actual play so my opinion is kind of moot anyway.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2016, 01:30:51 PM »
Well, at least my suggestion got people talking.  lol Like I said before I can see both sides of the argument, but haven't gotten in any actual play so my opinion is kind of moot anyway.

Hey, I have not dismissed it out of hand. I am planning to test it today. It's simplicity in play really attracts me to it. So we'll see.
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2016, 02:05:52 PM »
I'd be much obliged to anyone out there with a penchant for design to take this format and make it into a Character sheet capable of fitting on 1/2 and 8.5" x 11" page:

Super Mission Force!

Name___________________
Archetype________________

Move______

Body [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ]
Psyche [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ] [  ]

Melee Attack (Body) 4D + _____ = _____              Melee Defense (Body) 4D + _____ = _____

Ranged Attack (Body) 4D + _____ = _____            Ranged Defense (Body) 4D + _____ = _____

Psyche Attack 4D + _____ = _____                        Psyche Defense 4D + _____ = _____

Major Powers
_____________________________________  Recharge ____ + [  ]

Minor Powers

Backgrounds

Notes

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2016, 10:50:52 PM »
I'd be much obliged to anyone out there with a penchant for design to take this format and make it into a Character sheet capable of fitting on 1/2 and 8.5" x 11" page:

Well I'm not a designer by any stretch but this is what I came up with for me and my friends to use (we weren't using backgrounds). I based the box format on the SuperSytem sheets with the bold box for dice and lighter for re-rolls. Working on one more like your example at the moment with a list of powers and recharge values.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:31:27 AM by Cait Sidhe »

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2016, 11:29:10 PM »
What about something like this, I have it two to a page in landscape format?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 10:30:59 AM by Cait Sidhe »

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2016, 12:03:54 AM »
Cat, that second one is great! Thanks! Can you send me a PDF file of it, two sheets to a page?  :)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2016, 12:19:27 AM »
Ok, uploaded latest version!

Changes from discussion here and play-tests I ran today:

Archery
Clarified some text to make it clearer you can use only one power per turn.

Armor
Officially adopted YPU's suggestion. It automatically soaks 1 Body damage. I just like how simple it is and how elegantly it plays.

Magic Hammer
Rewrote some of it to match the setup of other powers.

Savant
Clarified some text so folks are cleared on what the re-rolls can be use for

Scrapper
Dropped the defense bennie to +1D from the previous +2D, also made Counterattack's recharge 3+. I love Scrapper and now I think it's more fair. It gives a lot of benefits.

Telekinesis
Nerfed this a bit so you can only move one friendly model. The previous version was too powerful! Learned this the hard way in a battle!

Here's the link again:

https://app.box.com/s/4sx2qknhb2nd4ptn8o4wrvmqd3ldgoa6

Thanks!

Offline Cait Sidhe

• Scientist
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2016, 10:10:31 AM »
Cat, that second one is great! Thanks! Can you send me a PDF file of it, two sheets to a page?  :)

Sure, need to wait till I get home from work.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2016, 05:43:23 PM »
Updated and uploaded a new version.

I combined obscure and invisibility into one power listing and synchronized their mechanics.

I think it's simpler now.

I tweaked Fortune. It was a bit too powerful at +2D and a Recharge 2+, but I think it's better now at +1D[1] and a Recharge 2+.

I added all of the Backgrounds to each Archetype, as you can give an example of just about any background matching an archetype.

I also added the table that shows average goals scored on various dice pools.

A few other odds and ends.

Thanks!

Offline Erethor

• Assistant
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2016, 09:12:07 PM »
Haven't read the most updated version, but the new changes seem like they would work well. Played a game last night-had some thoughts that seem to have already been addressed!

-Scrapper's defense seemed too strong, especially in tandem with super-agility. +1D to defense seems about right.

-Armor providing 3 re-rolls makes a tough nut to crack. Ignoring 1 damage automatically provides a better minimum benefit, and keeps armor from potentially providing 6 extra goal rolls! Also, when fighting against Scrapper, I ended up not wanting to even use Armor re-rolls in case I roll really well and end up counter-attacked! 1 damage ignore seems the way to go.

-Street-Level archetypes are a great addition. Had one on each team and seemed balanced..

-Super-agility allowing swinging only if in contact with another vertical surface. Led to a bit of a silly situation where batman can't swing up to a gargoyle in range, unless he first runs across the street to touch another building. Assuming this is for balance, but doesn't seem like balance will be broken if this is ignored.

-Sidekick/Servitor is too random, which may be the point, but it feels like any other power slot would be more useful. You're trading a minor power for the chance to have an underpowered street-level archetype show up. Not sure how I would change it and keep balanced though...

Played the Weapon scenario. The TN6 defense seemed too tough. I might play again with it even just down to TN5 to see how it works out. Anybody else have similar issues?

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2016, 11:16:13 PM »
Haven't read the most updated version, but the new changes seem like they would work well. Played a game last night-had some thoughts that seem to have already been addressed!

-Scrapper's defense seemed too strong, especially in tandem with super-agility. +1D to defense seems about right.

Yeah, this works much better in the play-tests when I adjusted it.

-Armor providing 3 re-rolls makes a tough nut to crack. Ignoring 1 damage automatically provides a better minimum benefit, and keeps armor from potentially providing 6 extra goal rolls! Also, when fighting against Scrapper, I ended up not wanting to even use Armor re-rolls in case I roll really well and end up counter-attacked! 1 damage ignore seems the way to go.

Yep, I feel good about Armor now.

-Street-Level archetypes are a great addition. Had one on each team and seemed balanced..

That's why I bring stuff to LAF--you guys deliver!

-Super-agility allowing swinging only if in contact with another vertical surface. Led to a bit of a silly situation where batman can't swing up to a gargoyle in range, unless he first runs across the street to touch another building. Assuming this is for balance, but doesn't seem like balance will be broken if this is ignored.

Well, the idea is that Batman would use Super-Agility's ability to move up vertical surfaces to climb up to the gargoyle. He can literally charge up there. But I'm willing to listen to more feedback on this.

-Sidekick/Servitor is too random, which may be the point, but it feels like any other power slot would be more useful. You're trading a minor power for the chance to have an underpowered street-level archetype show up. Not sure how I would change it and keep balanced though...

Well, you have a 75% of him showing up each game. But I see your point too.... Not sure how to address this, if at all, but I'll think about it.

Played the Weapon scenario. The TN6 defense seemed too tough. I might play again with it even just down to TN5 to see how it works out. Anybody else have similar issues?

I agree. I reduced it to TN5. Hope that works better!

Thanks!   :)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2016, 01:31:55 AM »
An adjustment on Servitor / Sidekick:

Servitor/Sidekick (minor)
You have a servitor or sidekick who sometimes shows up to help out! This might be a young ward, a robot you built, an old Army buddy, or anything else you can think of! Make a 1+ Chance Roll before each battle. If you succeed, you begin the battle with a sidekick or servitor character. He or she counts as an ally and team member for the battle. The model possesses a single minor power of your choice (excluding the Servitor/Sidekick and Magic Hammer powers), Body 3, Psyche 3, and a Move of 6”. If you fail the Chance roll, your servitor/sidekick still shows up, but not until the beginning of round 2! If your servitor/sidekick perishes, you can replace him before the start of the next battle, but your chance for him to show up that next battle rises to 2+. In subsequent battles the Chance Roll returns to 1+.

Offline Mr Brown

• Scientist
    • Speartips and Spaceships
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2016, 01:31:26 PM »
Looking forward to a few playtest games with Cait Sidhe next week. Taking a few days of annual leave for a get together involving much wargaming.

I've looked out my old boxes of Heroclix so have a fair variety of figs to play around with. Might even take a few photos although I've only just started a new board so it'll be a tad rough and ready... :D

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2016, 01:39:34 PM »
Personally I'm quite curious to see how some of the more extreme cases stack up. In particular somebody going all street level vs. somebody going all powerhouses. With the simple customization we have right now they might actually stack up ok in the end, since there isn't enough room to min-max things to breaking point.