Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:44:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690911
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Soapy Has Been Busy!  (Read 6233 times)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Soapy Has Been Busy!
« on: March 05, 2009, 10:08:08 AM »
Hi Folks,

Please checkout Soapy's blog on the upcoming WW1 miniatures:

http://soapyvision.blogspot.com/2009/03/twdc-ww1-stuff-for-salute.html

There is another topic which is right up Hammers alley for his club (some of these guys will be useful for WW1&WW2):

http://soapyvision.blogspot.com/2009/03/twdc-lord-s-hunting-chaps-for-salute.html

A big thanks to Soapy for all his work todate.

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Soapy Has Been Busy!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 10:35:11 AM »
Very nice indeed, especially those huntsmen

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 10:40:26 AM »
Lordy, lordy!

(I know... I know... The thing is this place is so fucking rife with brilliantness that one has run out of original little perky exclamations about how clever everyone is. Which certainly applies to soapy. Clever, that is.)

Offline meninobesta

• Mad Scientist
  • Bastard Saint, Scorn of the Earth
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 10:45:49 AM »
I really like that idea of separate heads with diferent helmets!

nice minis!
Cheers,
Pedro

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 10:49:12 AM »
These are very nice and very useful!
argsilverson

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 11:04:44 AM »
Are those shooting types for general sale? Sounds like they are a private project. I simply must have the one with the Alpine hat. I need him for the FFFFF!

I'm a big fan of Soapy, and wouldn't normally criticise, but something about those Adrians looks off to me. They don't look quite right. ???
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:07:29 AM by Plynkes »
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 11:35:50 AM »
Are those shooting types for general sale? Sounds like they are a private project. I simply must have the one with the Alpine hat. I need him for the FFFFF!

I'm a big fan of Soapy, and wouldn't normally criticise, but something about those Adrians looks off to me. They don't look quite right. ???

They are very nice, I think the Adrians seem to appear to be sitting a bit high on the head possibly or the helmet rim is a tiny bit too small. Cnt put my finger on it but know what you mean

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 01:08:23 PM »
There’s obliviously something wrong with the Adrian helmet. I think that the top part (bombe) is a little too high and that the rim is too narrow…

It’s just a comment, I like the figures and I will buy some off them as soon as I can.
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 01:29:38 PM »

:o :o :o :o

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 03:54:46 PM »
I love the hunting team.  I hate personal collections.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 10:06:06 PM »
I'm sure Soapy can mention about this set of fine gentlemen as he is a member of the LAF. If it's a private set then maybe strong voices to Gripping Beast about a neat range of fine gentlemen and women (lets not forget us) needs to be looked at.

As for the adrian helmet, lets not be too hasty as it's only in the green stage at the moment an I'm sure Soapy eyes everything to makes sure it looks right.

At long last we can have a decent range of WW1 forces being represented on the gaming table for different campaigns and fronts. Well done Master Soapy and Gripping Beast!

Helen

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 10:21:34 PM »

I hope my post didn’t sound too harsh… English is not my first language. I understand that these figures are at the green stage and I would be glad to know that Soapy had the time to fix them if needs be. As I said, I do love these figures and will surely buy them. I was really happy this morning when I opened my computer on the LAF and see that, at least, some late war French would be available... especially with the release of the colonial heads.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 10:25:21 PM »
Helen, I've noticed the shooting party are on the Salute preview page of the Gripping Beast website and listed as £6 for the pack.

So it would seem they will be available for general sale, which is good news for everybody.  :)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »

I hope my post didn’t sound too harsh… English is not my first language. I understand that these figures are at the green stage and I would be glad to know that Soapy had the time to fix them if needs be. As I said, I do love these figures and will surely buy them. I was really happy this morning when I opened my computer on the LAF and see that, at least, some late war French would be available... especially with the release of the colonial heads.

You didn't sound too harsh an I don't speak English either, as I speak Australian :D

I agree, I just love what is happening for WW1 at the moment and  French colonials are one of my favourite troops.

Helen

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 10:50:03 PM »
Helen, I've noticed the shooting party are on the Salute preview page of the Gripping Beast website and listed as £6 for the pack.

So it would seem they will be available for general sale, which is good news for everybody.  :)

Thanks Dylan, that is good news, indeed!  8)

Hammers will certainly be pleased  :D

Helen