Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 07:41:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Road Kill Ultimate Car Combat  (Read 22685 times)

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
Re: Road Kill Ultimate Car Combat Kickstarter
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2013, 06:27:02 PM »
If only the Real Road Warriors would each up their pledges accordingly, say 5-10K each, we could hit that $79k!

Frickin slackers.

By the way, Amazon US does not have Overdrive Arena for $13 that I can find.  You must have bought that vendor out.

You bastard.

:P
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2013, 07:37:24 PM »
No, they just upped the price after I bought mine.   o_o   You see the one for 49,99, that was the one I did not buy, and there were '2 from other sellers' for 13.99 as well.

Sorry Mate!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2013, 11:33:52 PM »
The auction doesn't show the weapons/armor for the car.  I just sent the seller a question asking if he has it.

Thanks

Jake

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2013, 10:03:38 AM »
Well after getting all of the Outrider game down loaded, printed, cut out and glued I am almost ready to game with the kids just need to get some more dice.

I also cancelled my pledge with road kill as the Outrider game will be awesome to play for the kids and me.

Even if the Outrider game does go to kick starter I will pledge for that as the designer wants to add in pedestrians , planes (as long as I can use the A10 Warthog I will be in outrider heaven), trains, bikes, tanks (this will rock my sons world the next thing after cool cars is awesome tanks).

He is currently building up a wish list as to what potential backers want in his game. Looking very promising for sure and he is willing to listen to every comment as well....

Cheers
LGW

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2013, 02:06:29 PM »
Still hasnt broken 20k, he must be pooping a few bricks at this moment.  There is another 'contest' to help recruit more people.  But like all of us have said, who can recommend a game that they're not convinced of themselves is complete?

Personally I think there's a good chance that it will see a basic funding level, but who cares if the game is incomplete??

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2013, 08:38:57 PM »
its funny the creator gave us all his impression on how it would turn out and pretty much said that $39k would be the final goal reached and they would get around $50kish in the end.

the stall in the pledging would be just before the final week and them BOOM!! pledge heaven would kick in....

Seems he is a bit off as its stalled now with 16 days to go... one brave lad has taken up the mantle of number crunching and he's trying to put a spin on it that "We only need....."

but the numbers are still pretty high to get to the final goal of $79k....

I am happy with my choice of Outrider and so are the kids....

LGW

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2013, 02:20:54 AM »
I really don't see it hitting near $79k, but I can see it getting the $39k.   But without a marketable 'full' package he can get to retailers he'll be limited to internet sales, and since this is his only product, and the minis are pretty useless except for this game since the scale isn't really compatible with existing ranges, he will have a hard time earning enough to eventually put in things like the hard copy road sections and command boxes.  I guess he could fund a limited amount of the paper products on his own and sell the stock via his web store, but if he was unwilling to take the risk and have reward levels that included them from the get go I would be surprised if he assumed the risk of paying upfront to have that stock on hand.

In a way, I am kind of upset this won't hit the 79k.   Watching the real Hardcore Road Warriors whine like bitches when the limited number of 'Early Bird' sets sold out before they got one would have been magical.   How he intended to successfully offer 'early bird' bargains late in the campaign was a mystery to me.  It could only result in some level of Butt Hurt in at least some existing backers, especially those who have pledged the dollar amount for those limited slots ahead of time.

lol

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2013, 03:25:09 AM »
some one just added their pledge for reward #10 $450CAD.... ouch thats going to hurt once they get to $39k but fail to get to $79k he'll be dropping his pledge by $350CAD unless he is going to buy more car backs and weapon packs....

I do hope we get to 79k though, for sure. That's the set I want to make for you guys! Let's get a few more folks off the fence and it could be there pretty quick.

I think you'll need more then a "few"...

LGW

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2013, 09:45:26 PM »
Miles sent me a PM today basically telling me to get lost...lol  They broke 20k and then sunk back below 18.5...  You'd think instead of insulting perspective pledgers, they'd be busy fixing their failing KS!

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2013, 10:14:07 PM »
I saw the comments over there, they really are something else!

I hope if it works out he does a good job because he had aken a lot of stick so far...

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2013, 10:37:12 PM »
 lol lol lol lol

Loved when that $450 pledge got pulled that was priceless.

TBC your not a troll I've dealt with one troll in particular and if you've been on a few gaming KS projects you'll know whom I am talking about..

What Mr Miles said and did was the end of it... don't care if he is under pressure, don't care if its his first Kickstarter you don't make comments to a backer and tell them to leave.
that was SO unprofessional its not funny so glad I had cancelled my pledge and Gone with a great system like Outrider.

LGW

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2013, 01:10:48 AM »
I suspect Miles is under a lot of stress/pressure.   This is his second 'at bat'.  He struck out the first time, and is doing worse (dollars pledged compared to duration of project) this time.   That has to be eating him.   Also, folks like me (and a couple of you) point out errors in the project or ask hard questions  and point out issues with the product.   

I know in a couple places I was less than nice about how I stated my position, but did so the way I did based on comments either directed towards me or towards others with a similar point of view.   

And truth be known, I'm an abrasive prick on good days.

I think if I had this product and a chance to Kickstart it I would have mixed the two approaches he did.   I would have kept the lower funding goal from the newest attempt, but the pledge levels from the first, with modifications.    The modifications would be taking out things like the hard copy road tiles and dice box thingy from all levels and add them back in as stretch goals at funding level I could provide them at.   ALL reward levels would have been open from Day 1 but some of the items listed would not be included until they were funded.   I would have a 'quick start' version of the rules available for free download on Day 1.  The mid project early bird he tried to pull would never have worked.   It could only piss people off, it was a poorly thought out idea.  Of course the project itself seems poorly thought out.

Still a chance he meets the initial funding goal, but I don't see the 79k as likely.   I know he has stated the 'rest of the game' would still be released, it would just take longer to do so.   We'll see.   If the rules reference items you cannot get like the dice box thingy, even if a work around is mentioned, it will turn people away from the level of post project support he would need to then bring 'the rest of the game' to market.   He should be selling the alternate method (maybe some cool printable or even card stock screens with imagery from the game on them) as the primary and the rules shouldn't reference the command box.  If he met the stretch for that during the project he could have amended the rules to add it in, or if released later it could come with a couple pages of instructions for using it in the game along with a new scenario or something.

There were ways to do this differently.  Unfortunately once the project was started they would have been hard to implement, and killing the project to restart a third time was probably not an attractive option for various reasons.

Oh well.  I'll still get the PDF rules if he makes the funding, just because I am a bit of a rules collector.

Jake

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2013, 01:33:33 AM »
I dont mean Miles any ill will.  I get that he's under pressure and in plain english, F'ed up.  I'm sure, like you wrote, he's as aware of all the mistakes as we are.  On the nicety side, a few of his comments did stick in my craw and well, I've been less conscious about censoring myself thereafter....

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2013, 01:38:48 AM »
Trust me, I was not implying anything about your comments.   As far as I am concerned they were well deserved and his replies clearly cost him money. 

Free market at its best.   Just as it should be.

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2013, 01:45:17 AM »
And truth be known, I'm an abrasive prick on good days.

really here's me thinking you were a nice chap...

As for how this project is bombing well I think it was written on the wall from early on.

We all [the Trinity] have been asking the tough questions and either fobbed off or told to shut it by the fan boys or in some cases asked to leave by the creator.

@CaptJake your points are bang on and worthy... can't he see what has happened the project has lost over $1,200CAD in the last day or so... considering they were at $20,053CAD the last time I looked it could have been more.

Kicktrag has this funding around $36,500CAD mmmm not quite enough given the inflated over pledging that is on this project.

And I still don't the Early bird discounts once funding has hit... why????
early bird should be from day 1....

mmmm TBC your a nice guy and only wanted to make sure you get what you want and get some answers to your questions.... I don't think you were rude or Trollish at all.

LGW