Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:04:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 668
Total: 671

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Outrider Auto Combat- The first car is done!!  (Read 17924 times)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Outrider Auto Combat Is Live!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 09:57:48 AM »
This is Gregg's campaign, I'm only doing art work for him.  So any real questions about the campaign would really be more appropriate to him as he can really answer them.  As far as showing cars off, again they would be the property of DiceFestGames, so it would be up to Gregg to show them off or not at his option.  I'm building them and sending them out to him and then from Gregg onto the bidder.  As to the year long wait, again, that's a question for Gregg and his timeline, but a year ahead seems pretty standard for KS these days.

Hope this helps!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Mr Brown

• Scientist
    • Speartips and Spaceships
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 12:59:53 PM »
This looks very good but the ever increasing problems with postage costs makes me think twice. I'll need to check the blurb better but it seems easier for me to just buy the print and play version and splash out on some nicer card/sleeves. I know a lot of people that have been stung with KS lately paying high (I stress that I'm not saying unjustified) postage rates and then having to pay tax and handling fees at this end too.

Sorry thats a bit off topic.
I've been trying to scratch the PA car combat itch for some time now and this may very well be that scratcher :D

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 02:55:46 PM »
This looks very good but the ever increasing problems with postage costs makes me think twice. I'll need to check the blurb better but it seems easier for me to just buy the print and play version and splash out on some nicer card/sleeves. I know a lot of people that have been stung with KS lately paying high (I stress that I'm not saying unjustified) postage rates and then having to pay tax and handling fees at this end too.

Nothing wrong with the print and play version. If your looking for any cards to use as stock backing you could try Magic cards. They should be the correct size and older starter sets can often be dirt cheap.

Also, Netherlands got added so I sprang for Veteran. I think this is the highest kickstarter backing I ever did, but I believe that this is a decent guy trying to publish a darn good game and I hope we will see it expanding in the future, but that is not what I am banking on.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 03:47:33 PM by YPU »
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 04:28:16 PM »

Sorry thats a bit off topic.
I've been trying to scratch the PA car combat itch for some time now and this may very well be that scratcher :D

I dont htink it's much of a concern here as opposed to the many hundreds people pay for Dwarven Forge, etc.  On a 40 or even 75 dollar game, the 'fee' would not amount to very much.  That said, I did P&P for a long time.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 04:29:40 PM »
Nothing wrong with the print and play version. If your looking for any cards to use as stock backing you could try Magic cards. They should be the correct size and older starter sets can often be dirt cheap.

Also, Netherlands got added so I sprang for Veteran. I think this is the highest kickstarter backing I ever did, but I believe that this is a decent guy trying to publish a darn good game and I hope we will see it expanding in the future, but that is not what I am banking on.

And I should add, this is no alpha or beta game, it's 100% finished rules wise and has been playtested for a couple years.  The KS is to raise money to publish it put of the P&P format.  But the game is done. :D

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 12:07:17 PM »
$1500 to go until funding!  Just 4 days in!! :D

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 05:41:23 PM »
$1500 to go until funding!  Just 4 days in!! :D

And it sounds like "someone"  ;)  stepped up and will crank out a few more cars to increase the number of available Legendary pledges.

Woo Hoo.
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 08:37:47 PM »
And it sounds like "someone"  ;)  stepped up and will crank out a few more cars to increase the number of available Legendary pledges.

Woo Hoo.

yep, 'someone'  :D

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 10:39:04 PM »
I honestly think the coolest part of the KS so far is that the Legendary pledge comes in an ammo can, like another post apocalyptic auto combat game tried to do.   Assuming this one succeeds it is kind of a:

lol

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2014, 12:55:58 AM »
I honestly think the coolest part of the KS so far is that the Legendary pledge comes in an ammo can, like another post apocalyptic auto combat game tried to do.   Assuming this one succeeds it is kind of a:

lol

Given the acrimony, I didnt want to be the guy to point that out :P

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2014, 01:53:25 AM »
I've never minded being That Guy.

8)

Offline Big Drunk

• Schoolboy
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2014, 04:30:35 PM »
I'm in at legendary. How much input will we have on the minis?

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 05:13:49 PM »

I'm hoping to get one of the upcoming Legendary pledges and was about to ask the same question.   TBC, will you be able to accept any input/give options on your creations?

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 11:15:51 PM »
I'm hoping to get one of the upcoming Legendary pledges and was about to ask the same question.   TBC, will you be able to accept any input/give options on your creations?

All that stuff will go through Gregg, so he'll commission me and work with whomever is pledged.  But the work is through Dice Fest Games, so that would be the appropriate place to ask all of these questions. :D  I already mentioned it I think, but it's worth re-mentioning, I wont be showing or discussing the work I'm doing for Dice Fest, that's really Gregg's prerogative and I would not want to pretend that I'm an agent for his business.  I hope that makes sense to everyone.  I'll be happy to take additional commissions after the KS is over, but not before.  I wouldnt feel right taking anyone's money when I know I have such a big project in my lap :D

Offline Big Drunk

• Schoolboy
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2014, 07:07:49 AM »
Understood. But I'll be the guy asking for the '83 Chevette. :D