Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:07:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1695790
  • Total Topics: 118719
  • Online Today: 366
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 283
Total: 286

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Outrider Auto Combat- The first car is done!!  (Read 18038 times)

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Outrider Auto Combat Is Live!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2014, 05:46:51 PM »
KS is doing well, hit the 13K stretch goal.

Jump on in and pledge, all the cool kids are doing it.

;)

On a more serious note, Gregg announced in the comments section of the project that:

I've got rules on the drawing board for: Large vehicles (Busses, Tractor Trailers), X-Large Vehicles (Tanks, Trains) as well as Pedestrians & Cycles.

Sounds pretty good to me!
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2014, 12:36:07 AM »
KS is doing well, hit the 13K stretch goal.

Jump on in and pledge, all the cool kids are doing it.

;)

On a more serious note, Gregg announced in the comments section of the project that:

Sounds pretty good to me!

Well on our way to 14k now and rules for big rigs, buses, etc! :D  WOO HOO!  And if we go higher, rules for bikes and pedestrians! :D :D

"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2014, 09:44:04 AM »
Really looking forward to this!

Also, I'm not entire 100% on this but it would appear the DEFENSIVE EQUIPMENT DECK, PASSIVE AGGRESSION DECK, AUXILIARY WEAPON DECK and CONTACT WEAPON DECK are 4 separate 5 dollar add-ons NOT included with veteran or legendary pledges. These cards were previously part of the not so passive aggression deck and do add a lot of re-playability to the game.
I have played a few times by dealing random vehicles, a random tuner card and a random weapon from that deck and just going at it. Very much fun!

However Veteran + shipping puts me at the 95 dollar mark, adding the 4 3 additional ones would put me over yhe 100 dollar point...

EDIT: just realized the DEFENSIVE EQUIPMENT DECK does ship with veteran and legendary, but the rest does not.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2014, 11:51:01 AM »
Really looking forward to this!

Also, I'm not entire 100% on this but it would appear the DEFENSIVE EQUIPMENT DECK, PASSIVE AGGRESSION DECK, AUXILIARY WEAPON DECK and CONTACT WEAPON DECK are 4 separate 5 dollar add-ons NOT included with veteran or legendary pledges. These cards were previously part of the not so passive aggression deck and do add a lot of re-playability to the game.
I have played a few times by dealing random vehicles, a random tuner card and a random weapon from that deck and just going at it. Very much fun!

However Veteran + shipping puts me at the 95 dollar mark, adding the 4 3 additional ones would put me over yhe 100 dollar point...

EDIT: just realized the DEFENSIVE EQUIPMENT DECK does ship with veteran and legendary, but the rest does not.

14k passed!!!!!  :D  That means truck and bus rules are now part of the package, and we're $850 away from bikes and ped rules!!  Time to dust off those Dark Future bikes!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Outrider Auto Combat Is Live!!! TRUCK RULES UNLOCKED!!!! :D
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2014, 12:30:41 PM »
By the sound of it also tanks and trains right? The notion of a post-poc train being chased by a group of cars and bikes like a moose by wolves, its just so right in my mind.  :D Christmas is right around the corner and we all know what that means... Cheap model trains!  o_o

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2014, 12:35:40 PM »
By the sound of it also tanks and trains right? The notion of a post-poc train being chased by a group of cars and bikes like a moose by wolves, its just so right in my mind.  :D Christmas is right around the corner and we all know what that means... Cheap model trains!  o_o

Indeed it does!

"Current Stretch Goal: EXIT 14K — Large & Extra Large Vehicle EXPANSION

This EXPANSION goal adds new rules, new vehicle cards, a mini terrain tiles set and 4 scenarios all surrounding LARGE and XL vehicles. Busses, tractor-trailers, trains & tanks ... OH MY! This EXPANSION set is all brand new content that has never been available before.

and how about a FREEBIE?

I've been approached by many to make a quickstart rules set for KIDS, becuase kids LOVE Outrider. For the kiddos I also recommend the family of TURBO RALLY CARD GAMES from Alec Ramsey. The ability to play with diecast cars has been a huge draw for many. The streamlined ruleset also works perfect for demos, new players and quick pick-up games. So everyone will be receiving a one-sheet KICKSTART rules set. The core concepts will still be there, but some of the if/and/buts will be removed for SUPER quick play"

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2014, 12:40:15 PM »
TBC I am reading our back and fort posts as something in between sports commentaries and telescoping presenters.  lol

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2014, 03:07:17 PM »
I really hope we get the bikes and pedestrians, I'm excited about them!

Jake

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2014, 03:10:35 PM »
Apocalypse Miniatures, through their Ebay Store, has some cool bikes with riders that would be great for the game: 

http://stores.ebay.com/Apocalypse-Miniatures/20MM-SC-FI-/_i.html?_fsub=3041643017&_sid=149463287&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2014, 04:12:33 PM »
Yea with all this goodness I might just need to finally order that driver/gunner set from stan johansen, and the weapon sets. And maybe more guns from S&S and...

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2014, 05:29:58 PM »
Apocalypse Miniatures, through their Ebay Store, has some cool bikes with riders that would be great for the game:  

http://stores.ebay.com/Apocalypse-Miniatures/20MM-SC-FI-/_i.html?_fsub=3041643017&_sid=149463287&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Dpnt waste your money or time, they're crooks and they're stuff is garbage.  I have a few of their bikes.  Not fit even for a conversion... I ended up cutting mine up and using the pieces as agitators in my paint, a far better use for the lead.

This is how they try to jack you,
ALL OUR ITEMS ARE SENT VIA RECORDED OR SPECIAL DELIVERY AND FOR OVERSEAS BIDDERS VIA INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR - TO ENSURE PROOF OF POSTING AND DELIVERY - HENCE OUR HIGHER POSTAGE COSTS - YOUR ITEMS WILL BE TRACKED - SEE THE PROGRESS OF YOUR POSTED ITEM VIA www.royalmail.com.

Yeah, I need a track and trace on a $3.00 item, give me a break! :D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:31:55 PM by Too Bo Coo »

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2014, 07:24:42 PM »
That is too bad.  I had contacted them via email and it sounds like they are releasing a couple more dismounted gangs and other stuff, and said that if I let them know what I wanted they would send a paypal invoice with lower prices than the Ebay listings (plus combined postage) since they would not have to pay the ebay fees.   Their punks (the dismounted gang) look good, and bikes int he right scale are difficult to find (I have some of the Aberrant ones and do know about the Stan Johansen ones).   

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2014, 07:45:40 PM »
That is too bad.  I had contacted them via email and it sounds like they are releasing a couple more dismounted gangs and other stuff, and said that if I let them know what I wanted they would send a paypal invoice with lower prices than the Ebay listings (plus combined postage) since they would not have to pay the ebay fees.   Their punks (the dismounted gang) look good, and bikes int he right scale are difficult to find (I have some of the Aberrant ones and do know about the Stan Johansen ones).   

My favorite is Elhiem, you cant really go wrong.  He makes great stuff in 20mm, with a nice variety for 'Survivors', plus military, etc.  Sorry Mate, but i didnt want to see anyone else have a bad experience like I had....

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2014, 01:44:39 PM »
A qucik run down of the best current pledge level and what's included.  We're $165 away from unlocking the bike and pedestrian rules!! :D

The VETERAN Boxed set of Outrider currently includes:

1 set of twenty-four 24 vehicles, 2 Unlocked exclusives (The Kickstarter & The Chaparral) & 2 MERCENARY/VETERAN tier exclusives (The Townie & The Outrider); all with corresponding dashboard cards
    1 Deck of 15 Maneuver Cards
    1 Range Ruler
    1 rules reference sheet, 2 rules reference cards & 1 Kickstart (Quickplay) rules sheet
    Tracking tokens for eight (8) players
    1 Initiative Tracker, 8 pairs of vanity plate player ID tokens & 8 gear shift cards with rules
    12 Terrain Tiles from the Presidio County Roads Set (6 Straight/Curve, 4 Building/Obstacle, 2 Intersection) & 4 Scenario Cards
    1 Rulebook with your name displayed in a special ‘Thank You’ appendix
    1 Set of Camo Colored Dice
    1 Critical Damage Deck
    1 Performance Deck
    1 Defensive Deck
    1 Large Vehicle Expansion

This list includes UPGRADES from EXIT 10K, REST STOP 11.5K & EXIT 12K stretch goals as well as EXPANSIONS from EXIT 11k, EXIT 12K, EXIT 13K, REST STOP 13.5K & EXIT 14K

ADD-ON Purchases available to VETERAN pledgers:

EXTRA MANEUVER DECK [+$3 USD ea.] Add an additional Maneuver Deck to your game, for those EPIC sessions of Outrider.

PREMIUM DICE SET [+$4 USD ea.] Add additional sets of dice to your boxed set of Outrider. Choose from Camo or Asphalt color schemes.

PASSIVE AGGRESSION DECK [+$5 USD] Add Passive/dropped weapons to your game, in the form of Oil/Napalm Slicks, Smokescreens, Mines, Caltrops and many other 'Spy Car' favorites.

AUXILIARY WEAPON DECK [+$5 USD] Why not make better use of that secondary weapon slot? Wouldn't a wide selection of weaponry, including a Flamethrower, Rockets or Grenade Launcher work much better in that location?

CONTACT WEAPON DECK [+$5 USD] The best offense is an insanely dangerous defense, right? Make them afraid to get near you with a selection of Blades, Saws, Spikes and much, much more to make you a close combat monster!

TERRAIN TILES [+$15 USD/SET] Add extra sets of modular tiles to your boxed set of Outrider. Each set Includes 6 Straight/Turn, 4 Building/Obstacle, 2 Intersection & 4 Scenario reference cards. Available in the following themes: Presidio County Roads (the basic set), Backroads (dirt & gravel) & Mesquite Motorodeo(motorsports set).

VEHICLES FROM THE DFG TOYBOX [+$25 USD/SET] This set includes two modded diecast vehicles painted to a tabletop standard. The vehicles will be a randomized mix from the following types — Muscle Car, Dune Buggy, Pickup Truck, Van or SUV. The vehicles will contain weapons & armor from the Stan Johansen 'Road Warrior' Line.

To make add-on purchases, you must overpledge by a specific amount, without changing your selected reward. After the campaign ends, I will contact you with a survey that will allow you to indicate which specific add-on items you wish to include with your reward for the extra amount pledged.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2014, 08:50:19 PM »
Bikes and Pedestrians are unlocked!! :D

1 week left and campaign rules are next to unlock! :D