Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:50:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690483
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sigur in Space! - Update: Revenge of the Blood Angels!  (Read 88853 times)

Offline Raedwald

• Scientist
Re: Sigur in Space! - So many Orks, Eldar, Infinity, all things Sci-Fi.
« Reply #450 on: July 17, 2022, 09:42:20 AM »
Hi Sigur, happy to compliment such a master painter! Thanks for sharing so much amazing output here.

That guy in the middle certain does look jolly. Given his Chaos alignment, it’s probably just wind  ;)

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #451 on: August 18, 2022, 09:04:07 PM »
@Raedwald: wind of chaos! ;)

Right, taking a break from all the Chaos things, I got to paint a bunch of Infinity figures! It's the Defiance (a kind of sci-fi dungeon crawler set in the Infinity world) boxed set, plus two TAGs (ie big combat robot suits of sexy, sexy appearance):

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2022_08/as6schrift.jpg.944acdd0e5b113d6cb1f9bcfc7b66d15.jpg

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2022_08/as3schrfift.jpg.726b06bdd034e3871ada572b7206f9e4.jpg

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2022_08/as7schrift.jpg.4d1104a6ba19132c41c99e58a74cd181.jpg

Right. What can I say about Infinity figures? I can just blabber on about what everybody knows already: Fantastic figures and designs (even though of course i'm an old git and find the slightly more exotic looks of earlier days more interesting), fantastic casting quality, and easy to put together as well! Oh, and everything's got cool, outlandish names.

Of course they are detailed as all heck and reward a slightly more elaborate paintjob. Speaking of which - the baddies from the Defiance box (Combined Army aliens along with some human traitors or clones of some sort) are based on the Covenant aliens from the Halo series in terms of colour scheme. The gentleman who told me to paint them asked me to do it that way. An attractive colour scheme. The rather colourful troop of humans from all sorts of factions sent to combat the evil aliens are basically painted like the studio paintjob, except for the PanOceania, Yu Jing and the Haqqislam operatives, who are more based on the colour schemes I used for these forces as I painted them for the same gentleman a few years prior.

One of the two Crazy Koalas who go with the big yellow robot I put on a hoverboard, because that's what I did with he same sculpt over 10 years ago for my own collection. a.) it's funny, b.) it's dead easy, c.) it's rather cute and d.) everybody loves Crazy Koalas.

Right, I hope that you like them! Right now I'm painting some highlanders for the Jacobite rebellion 1745, and then some more Warhammer 40k stuff, I suppose. Yup.

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #452 on: August 18, 2022, 09:34:51 PM »
Right, I hope that you like them!

Most definitely, yes.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #453 on: August 18, 2022, 09:37:34 PM »
*sigh* I still need to start on mine ::) 

Does your client also have the huge big alien mech? 8)

Your paintjobs are gorgeous again, and consider that koala on a hoverboard idea well and truly nicked!  :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #454 on: August 18, 2022, 10:29:03 PM »
Awesome, super shiney and chrome forever.

Fantastic execution and consistency.

Is this the top end of your painting service?

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #455 on: August 19, 2022, 12:01:52 AM »
Ooh ,lovely  :-*
Of course here in Australia we take Koalas very seriously,the carnivorous specie requires forethought when one is walking in some coastal rainforests on the east coast.
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #456 on: August 19, 2022, 03:09:47 PM »
@Dags: Cool. :)

@hubbabubba: Thanks very much! I'm a complete sucker for shiny blue armour. Whenever I do non-grimdark sci-fi things I always end up doing shiny dark blue armour to some extent. This is far from the top end. The problem is that the top end gets really costly, and these figures here are meant for gaming (aside from looking pretty of course. Can't have non-pretty figures). But when it comes to box-art stuff, promo figures and so on, those would look a bit nicer. I mean the whole 'painting levels' thing is absurd anyway.

Infinity figures are really, really pretty, so I have to make them look pretty (to me). The funny thing about the big blue robot is that this was the first of the big Infinity robot models I didn't like in terms of looks. The yellow one is sex on legs, and that's what these robots usually are. The blue one's bulky and doesn't look as agile and oddly-formed as the others from the range. I get it, because it's basically a tip-top up-armoured version of that PanOceania TAG, but it just didn't appeal to me much.

So I put in extra effort to make it so I find it pretty, because ultimately (coming back to painting levels), unless somebody specifically asks me to paint things to a proper high showcase level, I'll just paint a figure until I find it pretty enough to leave it at that (and then some more, because I'm always anxious about people thinking that I'm slacking. :P ). The idea being that if I'm satisfied with the look of a figure I'm reasonably sure that the person I painted it for will be as well. Any other approach would make me like I'm conning people, and I'm not a fan of con people who feel smart for "getting away" with something.

@Blackwolf: absolutely! There's no joking with these chaps.

Back on topic! Here's more photos I took yesterday. Much better than the ones I took a few days ago (I didn't even post those). There's just good and bad days for photos, at least at the level of photography expertise I'm at. ;)

The whole batch all at once:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2022_08/1BESSA.jpg.4962c41721d36acb69eb656fa1a7e9f6.jpg

The characters from the Defiance boxed set:

Baddies alien shapeshifter DNA thieves (one might call them genestealers!) or something like that:

The dude in the right creeps me out.

The rest of the aliens:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2022_08/baddiesalienschrift.jpg.b632a90df26ae051de5b4590aa899b7f.jpg

I went for the frankly weird artistic choice of having their skin turn increasingly yellow/orange based on rank or size. Not sure why, but I really liked the pale skin on the little ones and the deeper yellow on the big one. :P The little ones look like proper, proper Warmachine figures, don't they.

Here's the big blue JOTUMS again:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2022_08/jotums3.jpg.fa0cdb19672fe66c51a7d8614a49b0d7.jpg

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2022_08/jotums2.jpg.be050749099c82767070493b4392b82d.jpg

...and of course the O-Yoroi:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2022_08/1652762225_o-joroikidobutai1.jpg.487ca4da5978c172c4530fe2f89a8dc7.jpg

Just look at the deisgn of this one. I really like those big, round "upper thighs" and how you can see the arms of the pilot sticking out of the belly, mimicking the arm movements of the big robot (or the other way around actually). Of course there's a ton of Evangelion in all of these, but that's been the design go-to for the past quarter of a century, right? ;)

Anyway, thannks for the comments so far, hope you like those photos as well!

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #457 on: August 22, 2022, 04:11:26 PM »
Classic Robot Dialogue Theatre presents:

:P

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #458 on: August 25, 2022, 10:50:46 AM »
Just look at the deisgn of this one. I really like those big, round "upper thighs" and how you can see the arms of the pilot sticking out of the belly, mimicking the arm movements of the big robot (or the other way around actually). Of course there's a ton of Evangelion in all of these, but that's been the design go-to for the past quarter of a century, right? ;) 

The arms are interesting, since the TAG's are meant to be piloted throguh remote presence; there's no actual pilot inside these things!

Just another indication that with Infinity designers, the rule of cool and the nods to the reference material always have precendence over 'realism' :D

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #459 on: August 25, 2022, 01:14:04 PM »
Oh right. Sorry about that. :D See, that's how much of a Nomad guy I am. At least in the bigger ones (Szalamandra, etc) there's a pilot in there, right? So maybe the smaller arms are just for getting finer jobs done or something.

Right, back to Warhammer40k, because that's what we always return to in the end, right? ;)

Here's some more WIP Nurgle things:

First time I'm painting a knight. Third time I'm painting that plastic DP, second time I'm painting that FW Nurgle-DP. I'm having lots of fun with colours on this army. :) One word on those FW drones in the first picture - eversince their release (probably 10 years ago as well; don't dare to check) I really liked those. Not only the first models to feature this design for Nurgle demonic machines IIRC, but also all that mix of surfaces. The rusting/decomposing metal parts with the interesting texture combined with all the organic bits... really cool.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 01:16:55 PM by Battle Brush Sigur »

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #460 on: August 25, 2022, 11:09:41 PM »
Heyhey, a little self-indulgent birthday treat for myself. :)

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2022_08/latdschiftvignette.jpg.738ba9594604b29b6629fce242636267.jpg

Hope you like it. :) There's more photos to follow next week!

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #461 on: August 25, 2022, 11:16:07 PM »
Lovely stuff,and great photo  :-*
I love the knight kits,and you chose the best option,all the other cannons et cetera are a bit silly (I swop them out for turned aluminium 1/35 barrels).

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #462 on: August 26, 2022, 04:01:31 AM »
The nurgle force is wonderfully horrid in a flamboyantly diseased way of course.

BTW, Happy Birthday!
2024: B: 2220; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #463 on: August 26, 2022, 06:23:37 AM »
Outstanding painting!!!! :-* :-* :-* :-*
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #464 on: August 26, 2022, 07:34:06 AM »
The arms are interesting, since the TAG's are meant to be piloted throguh remote presence; there's no actual pilot inside these things!

Just another indication that with Infinity designers, the rule of cool and the nods to the reference material always have precendence over 'realism' :D

It depends on the tag I believe  :)