Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:28:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1685047
  • Total Topics: 118007
  • Online Today: 766
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: More upcoming Mutiny releases from Iron Duke  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: More upcoming Mutiny releases from Iron Duke
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 11:49:28 AM »
Yeah, but I imagine they still would have shoulder straps, right? Which would have to go to make them look like Khalsa (if one cares about such niceties). Still a little bit of a pain.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 09:32:04 AM »
Yeah, but I imagine they still would have shoulder straps, right? Which would have to go to make them look like Khalsa (if one cares about such niceties). Still a little bit of a pain.

Yes, they all have shoulder straps. And most, if not all of them, have the more modern, single cross-belt.
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 09:01:05 PM »
Well sorry to rain on the parade but there are a mass of differences between the Sikhs in the 1840s and those in the 1850s in terms of appearance of uniform. I would suggest you take a look at Michael Perry's artwork in his Osprey Sikh Army book to get an idea of things.

All that said, if you want to use them for both the Sikh Wars and IM then who is stopping you...I am sure Mike at Iron Duke will happily take your money...but whatever you do, don't waste your time with the Studio Minis Sikh War range, as for the most part it is not good at all....uniforms are fairly accurate but the figures aren't that great, riders don't fit properly on any horses, etc.

The two best sources for actual Sikh War figs remains Foundry and Old Glory. The OG Sikh Wars range (which was never completed) is actually pretty good, and the figures are very compatible with the Foundry ones. I should know, I have loads of Foundry and some OG in my collection. All good stuff.

Hope this info helps.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 12:19:41 AM »
I entirely agree about the figures as it happens. I wouldn't use them myself. I was merely trying to point out the differences I found the most noticeable, for the benefit of anyone planning to go ahead with it anyway. I'm sure some people would accept them as "close enough." We all different visions of what is acceptable, after all.

There is some lovely artwork by Mr. Perry in that Osprey. I would second the suggestion of taking a look if you are interested in this period.