Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:42:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686662
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Upcoming Iron Duke Bengal Mutiny Figures  (Read 6259 times)

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Upcoming Iron Duke Bengal Mutiny Figures
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 01:38:04 AM »
Incidentally, a look at the Iron Duke website's 'products' section reveals that once the cavalry are done and released 93rd Highlanders are next :

http://www.irondukeminiatures.co.uk/products
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:39:53 AM by Arthur »

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
  • Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 01:59:38 AM »
Perhaps the native looking officer is meant to be none other than the famous Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC, KCB, KCIE, who it must be remembered, received both a Knighthood and a Victoria Cross fro his service in the Mutiny.

Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 10:37:17 AM »
He's based on Dighton Probyn, as the Iron Duke blurb on the previous page says. But Studio Miniatures do a Flashman in mufti in their 1st Afghan War range :

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 11:00:05 AM »
Incidentally, a look at the Iron Duke website's 'products' section reveals that once the cavalry are done and released 93rd Highlanders are next :

http://www.irondukeminiatures.co.uk/products
Sure to be popular but I would have preferred to see some native irregulars/matchlock men released first and some European civilians ,evading capture or defending Cawnpore etc.Dont get me wrong,I'll buy the 93rd in a heartbeat but the others would appear before these on my wish list  :)

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 02:56:15 PM »
Have you seen the list ? Mouth watering doesn't eve begin to describe it....

Cavalry first.

IMBC 22 Mounted European Officers (8 figs). 4 x officers of Irregular Cavalry and 4 x Lt-Cols/Majs of Infantry or Artillery. Also suitable as staff officers. (£14). [Use horse code IMH 1 for horses with a simple hunting saddle and holster fit, such as might be favoured by senior officers, but codes IMH 2 and IMH 3 would also work just as well].
IMBC 23 Bengal or Oudh Irregular Cavalry, regimental alkaluks and pagri-turbans, Set I. (8 figs). British officer, native officer, guidon, trumpeter and 4 sowars. (£14). Note that, with the exception of the European officer, these figures can be used for either side. [Use horse codes IMH 4 & 5].
IMBC 24 Bengal or Oudh Irregular Cavalry, regimental alkaluks and pagri-turbans, Set II. (8 figs). All sowars. (£14). Note that these figures can be used for either side. [Use horse codes IMH 4 & 5].
IMBC 25 Havelock's Cavalry: Combined Allahabad Volunteer Horse & Mounted Infantry. (8 figs). Four overthrown officers/civilian volunteers and four mounted infantrymen. (£14). [For officers' & civilians' horses use codes IMH 1, IMH 2 or IMH 3. For MI horses use either IMH 4 or IMH 5, as the men were mounted on horses taken from an irregular cavalry unit of doubtful loyalty].
IMBC 26 Punjab Irregular Cavalry, regimental alkaluks, Set I. (8 figs). 1st, 2nd and 5th Punjab Irregular Cavalry. British officer, native officer, guidon, trumpeter and 4 sowars. (£14). [Use horse codes IMH 2 & 3].
IMBC 27 Punjab Irregular Cavalry, regimental alkaluks, Set II. (8 figs). 1st, 2nd and 5th Punjab Irregular Cavalry. 6 Sikh sowars, 2 Punjabi Muslim sowars. (£14). [Use horse codes IMH 4 & 5].
IMBC 28 Punjab Irregular Cavalry, lightweight frocks, Set I. (8 figs). 1st, 2nd and 5th Punjab Irregular Cavalry. British officer, native officer, guidon, trumpeter and 4 sowars. (£14). [Use horse codes IMH 4 & 5].
IMBC 29 Punjab Irregular Cavalry, lightweight frocks, Set II. (8 figs). 1st, 2nd and 5th Punjab Irregular Cavalry. 6 Sikh sowars, 2 Punjabi Muslim sowars. (£14). [Use horse codes IMH 4 & 5].
IMBC 30 Guides Cavalry, Set I. (8 figs). British officer, native officer, guidon, trumpeter and 4 sowars. (£14). [Use horse codes IMH 2 & 3].
IMBC 31 Guides Cavalry, Set 2. (8 figs). 6 Afghan/Afridi/Punjabi Muslim sowars, 2 Sikh sowars. (£14). [Use horse codes IMH 2 & 3].
IMBC 32 Hodson's Horse, Set I. (8 figs). British officer, native officer, guidon, trumpeter and 4 sowars. (£14). [Use horse codes  IMH 2 & 3].
IMBC 33 Hodson's Horse, Set 2. (8 figs). 6 Sikh sowars, 2 Afghan/Muslim sowars (£14). [Use horse codes IMH 2 & 3].

IMREB 19 Bengal Light Cavalry, Set I. (8 figs). Any of the ten regiments of BLC. Two leaders, guidon, trumpeter and 4 sowars. (£14). [Use horse codes IMH 2 & 3].
IMREB 20 Bengal Light Cavalry, Set II. (8 figs). Any of the ten regiments of BLC. All sowars. [Use horse codes IMH 2 & 3].

Artillery

IMLA 12 Olpherts' Battery, gun team at the gallop, (8-fig set). Consisting of Capt 'Hellfire Jack' Olpherts Personality figure, 3 x drivers (2 x Madras Fusiliers, 1 x syce), 3 x seated Bengal Artillery Europeans, 1 x Bengal Artillery European outrider with carbine. (£14). [For artillery horses use the 8-horse code IMH 6. For gun and limber use IMLA 1 & 2.]
IMLA 13 Mutineer Battery, gun team at the gallop, (8-fig set). Consisting of 1 x officer, 3 x drivers, 3 seated gunners and outrider with carbine.(£14).  [For artillery horses use the 8-horse code IMH 6. [For gun and limber use IMLA 1 & 2].
IMLA 14 Bengal Artillery, gun team at the gallop, (8-fig set). All European team. Officer and 7 gunners. [For artillery horses use the 8-horse code IMH 6. [For gun and limber use IMLA & 2.]

Additional infantry (autumn 2017)

IMBC 34 HM 93rd (Sutherland) Highlanders, Command. (8 figs). (est. release autumn 2017).
IMBC 35 HM 93rd (Sutherland) Highlanders, Attacking. (8 figs). (ditto).
IMBC 36 HM 93rd (Sutherland) Highlanders, Firing Line. (8 figs) (ditto).
Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 03:11:11 PM »
Yep,that's some release schedule  :D
Lots of goodies to look forward too  :)
(If my earlier post seemed churlish I apologise ,I know the 93rd are the poster boys of this campaign but they appear in the  later in the battles, I thought Iron Duke was concentrating on the early conflict initially,before moving on,therefore the 93rd are appearing "out of sequence" so to speak  :))

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 07:01:27 PM »
Yep,that's some release schedule  :D
Lots of goodies to look forward too  :)
(If my earlier post seemed churlish I apologise ,I know the 93rd are the poster boys of this campaign but they appear in the  later in the battles, I thought Iron Duke was concentrating on the early conflict initially,before moving on,therefore the 93rd are appearing "out of sequence" so to speak  :))

Well , we all have our favourites? But the good thing is that - unlike with many other manufacturers- that in a few years time we WILL have everything we want. need.
Me, I would like some regular sepoys  in coatee and trousers to portray the loyal Indian regulars who after the initial mutiny still outnumbered any European force by at least 2:1. But I'm sure they will eventually become available and with this release my next year of painting is fully booked lol

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 07:25:53 PM »
Me, I would like some regular sepoys  in coatee and trousers to portray the loyal Indian regulars who after the initial mutiny still outnumbered any European force by at least 2:1. But I'm sure they will eventually become available and with this release my next year of painting is fully booked lol

They are available already, Willie. Packs IMREB6 and IMREB7 offer figures in coatees with either trousers or dhoti, while IMREB18 has them in shakos and trousers :

Romark : native matchlock men are in the pipeline since Mike previewed a couple of dollies on the Iron Duke FB page a while ago. Dunno why they do not appear on the list above : perhaps Mike Snook is saving them for a 2018 release.

I'm not complaining about the 93rd appearing out of sequence though : I'd even welcome figures in dress tunics for HM 53rd right after them.  

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 07:29:43 PM by Arthur »

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 07:55:48 PM »
The matchlock men dollies do look promising Arthur  :)

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 11:15:49 AM »
They are available already, Willie. Packs IMREB6 and IMREB7 offer figures in coatees with either trousers or dhoti, while IMREB18 has them in shakos and trousers :

Romark : native matchlock men are in the pipeline since Mike previewed a couple of dollies on the Iron Duke FB page a while ago. Dunno why they do not appear on the list above : perhaps Mike Snook is saving them for a 2018 release.

I'm not complaining about the 93rd appearing out of sequence though : I'd even welcome figures in dress tunics for HM 53rd right after them.  

Hi Arthur,

yes I know some of them are suitable for regular 'Loyal' sepoys but only a handful. I doubt that loyal sepoys would be allowed to wear a tulwar? Perhaps my too vivid imagination but I suppose loyal BNI would wear regulation coatees and probably trousers, probably dhotis, but not cummerbunds, tulwars or skull caps? Just to keep them distinguishable from the mutineers?
But that Gwalior pack offers another 4 possibilities since they are in standard dress aside from the shako. I replaced the shakos with standard covered caps and put the shakos on the amputees. Since I will be using the Gwalior Contingent as mutineers it doesn't matter if they are somewhat 'out of uniform' and their NCO is wearing a dhoti anyway.

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 11:49:02 AM »
"But that Gwalior pack offers another 4 possibilities since they are in standard dress aside from the shako. I replaced the shakos with standard covered caps and put the shakos on the amputees. Since I will be using the Gwalior Contingent as mutineers it doesn't matter if they are somewhat 'out of uniform' and their NCO is wearing a dhoti anyway."

I would love to see these conversions,any chance of sharing them WillieB ?

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 03:18:38 PM »
"But that Gwalior pack offers another 4 possibilities since they are in standard dress aside from the shako. I replaced the shakos with standard covered caps and put the shakos on the amputees. Since I will be using the Gwalior Contingent as mutineers it doesn't matter if they are somewhat 'out of uniform' and their NCO is wearing a dhoti anyway."

I would love to see these conversions,any chance of sharing them WillieB ?

Nearly done! They are in the next batch to be finished.

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2017, 04:06:32 PM »
Nearly done! They are in the next batch to be finished.
Great,please post once completed,really interested in how they turn out,bet they'll look smashing.
It's hard to tell from the Iron Duke photo but do the shako sepoys have percussion pouches on their belts,I haven't bought a pack yet,waiting for shako command first(seems not on the list though)  :)
Cheers
Keith
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 04:17:54 PM by Romark »

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2017, 05:19:24 PM »
Great,please post once completed,really interested in how they turn out,bet they'll look smashing.
It's hard to tell from the Iron Duke photo but do the shako sepoys have percussion pouches on their belts,I haven't bought a pack yet,waiting for shako command first(seems not on the list though)  :)
Cheers
Keith

Yes, they have pouches on their waist-belts but only two are showing because of their pose. Obscured by the muskets.

Offline Romark

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2017, 07:25:28 PM »
Yes, they have pouches on their waist-belts but only two are showing because of their pose. Obscured by the muskets.

Thanks WillieB  :)