Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:45:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Italian Wars- Up and Coming Vignette- Page 20- UPDATED- 05-04-2023  (Read 39793 times)

Offline bigredbat

• Mad Scientist
    • BigRedBatCave
I think they are lovely; well above average! Super animation on the minis.

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
Too harsh matey these are lovely despite all the ‘flaws’…wish I could paint that well that quickly

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Thanks guys.

Darren I think you are being ultra critical.  I can't even see the speckling and the painting standard is well above average if not edging on superb.  :-* :-*

However if you are really unhappy with the miniatures, I would be very happy to take them off your hands lol lol lol (for a suitable price of course).  ;)

Sorry man, they are sitting in a Very Useful Box until they are required to see the light of day  lol

By the way are these converted from the Perry plastic light cavalry?  Great conversions if they are.

From the Perry Mounted Standard Bearers/Men at Arms with Lances and the Scurrers Command and Scurrers Scouting packs- at least the three metal mini's. There's very little actually done to them, just a crossbow instead of a lance with the Men at Arms with Lances, nothing to the command model and a hand swap for the metal Scurrer holding the crossbow outward. The plastics have had more done to them. I did have some pics but they went the way of the Crow Road when I amalgamated by blogs  :'(

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
After the disappointment of the last batch of painting, the French Mounted Crossbows, I'm very happy to say that the next batch of Spanish Arquebusiers have come out rather nicely. I took my time with these, which after all can make all the difference; though they still have to face the slings and arrows of the varnishing process. Picking the right time of the day to spray varnish, it being not too cold and not too humid being the key. If the weather is not suitable, I'm going to wait.

This is the second lot of Spanish Arquebusiers, the command to follow.

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Wonderful as always.   :-* :-* :-* 

I have just had a few of those TAG sculpts delivered and I hope I can paint them half as well as you have.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Wonderful as always.   :-* :-* :-* 

I have just had a few of those TAG sculpts delivered and I hope I can paint them half as well as you have.

Thanks Hu Rhu. I've had these for a few years. They are very well cast and the historical research and attention to detail is outstanding. 

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
superb.

Offline caveadsum1471

• Bookworm
Splendid looking Spanish shot!
Best Iain

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
Thank you again Iain and Bloggard  :)

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
It looks super!

Online Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
Amazing painting. Having painted these same figures (my quick tabletop standard, actually for a Warhammer Estalian army) I have a great appreciation for how skillfully you've done these, including turning them into flawless casting. At least, the ones I got took a bit of cleaning in awkward places.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
It looks super!

Thanks matey :)

Amazing painting. Having painted these same figures (my quick tabletop standard, actually for a Warhammer Estalian army) I have a great appreciation for how skillfully you've done these, including turning them into flawless casting. At least, the ones I got took a bit of cleaning in awkward places.

I bought mine probably about seven years ago ( ???) and the castings were pretty crisp. It's almost certainly down to how worn the moulds are and when they are remoulded. Pete seems quite conscientious about these things and has nearly four decades experience so it might have just been bad timing?

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
I bought a handful only this week and the castings were fine, with just a few seconds required per figure to remove some very minor flash. No mould lines at all.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
I bought a handful only this week and the castings were fine, with just a few seconds required per figure to remove some very minor flash. No mould lines at all.

That is my experience too. I have three boxes sitting waiting to be opened at the moment; I refuse allow myself to open them yet so as to give impetus to the units I'm currently working on  lol

Offline Tonhel

• Mad Scientist
Which ruleset are you using?