Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:12:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ogrob's fantasy projects - We need axes 17/3  (Read 128711 times)

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Barbarian Warrior 6/12
« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2020, 01:24:42 AM »
That kitbash works well. I had not really considered Reaper Bones terrain either but you did a great job with it.
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2020, 01:43:57 AM »
That fighter came out great and the terrain. 

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2020, 03:51:58 AM »
I've done one of their circles as well, they paint up rather well and easily.

I've been thinking about getting a second one that would fit with some of the more dark ages style army that I've been working on rather than the deep woods version that my initial one was.

The one thing that mixes really well with it is their stone altar piece, I think it was, initially, intended to be the centerpiece of the circle but was made separate because it would work well as a cheap, generic fantasy terrain piece for the wilderness.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2020, 04:10:31 PM »
I've done one of their circles as well, they paint up rather well and easily.

I've been thinking about getting a second one that would fit with some of the more dark ages style army that I've been working on rather than the deep woods version that my initial one was.

The one thing that mixes really well with it is their stone altar piece, I think it was, initially, intended to be the centerpiece of the circle but was made separate because it would work well as a cheap, generic fantasy terrain piece for the wilderness.

That is a nice piece indeed. I already have some stone altars, but one can always have another, right?

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #244 on: December 08, 2020, 08:31:44 PM »
That is a nice piece indeed. I already have some stone altars, but one can always have another, right?

It's also extremely cheap and easy to paint. I've seen a few others beyond the one I have thanks to a couple being in the local stores stockpile for terrain along with a couple other people having them for D&D stuff and none of them seem to need any cleanup...

Offline Mr. White

• Mastermind
    • Wyrd Stones and Tackle Zones
« Reply #245 on: December 08, 2020, 09:05:12 PM »
ha! I didn't know Reaper did terrain either. I've already bought Fogou huts because of this thread...now I'm buying stone circles!

is this the stone alter people are referring to?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 09:22:43 PM by Jack Hooligan »

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2020, 03:08:29 AM »
ha! I didn't know Reaper did terrain either. I've already bought Fogou huts because of this thread...now I'm buying stone circles!

is this the stone alter people are referring to?

Yeah that's the one. It slots into the center of the mystic circle

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #247 on: December 12, 2020, 05:26:40 PM »
Recently received Westfalia's kickstarted Pride Knights set and one of them fit the look quite well for my current DnD character. A Perry longbow, some arrows and a dagger to make sure it's correctly armed.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Archer 12/12
« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2020, 07:00:36 PM »
And painted, together with three friends.

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Adventuring party 15/12
« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2020, 07:07:53 PM »
Cool party!

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2020, 07:09:29 PM »
Cracking paint jobs, really like the palette

The figure with the longbow looks like he has just shot an orc at 200 yds while somersaulting through the air, and isn’t even going to look because he is THAT GOOD  ;)

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #251 on: December 15, 2020, 07:48:45 PM »
Cracking paint jobs, really like the palette

The figure with the longbow looks like he has just shot an orc at 200 yds while somersaulting through the air, and isn’t even going to look because he is THAT GOOD  ;)

That's certainly what I would like to be able to do :D

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2020, 04:52:54 PM »
Decided to have another look at one of the projects in this thread, the Kingdom of the Black Duns for Oathmark. This is intended to be a mix of humans, orcs and goblins but I'm still waiting for Orcs to release from North Star. The army began with a mix of fantasy and dark age bits but then I built some units from purely Dark Age models. Looking back this created a split in appearance between the more high fantasy parts of the army and the more historical looking. I decided to re-focus on the more fantastical kitbashes.

I bashed up ten Human Linebreakers (heavy infantry with two-handed weapons) by kitbashing Frostgrave barbarians, Frostgrave knights, Perry 15th century weapons and Victrix saxon heads. Their leader is from Black Scorpion and fit right in with this aesthetic.

I then figured that this five-man cavalry unit from my Game of Thrones army is a better fit here; the men of the Black Duns wear a lot of Brigandine, while my Starks are really more about the partial plate. They will get a partial repaint and rebase to fit the colour scheme.

And then to round them out to ten I built these fellas. They will get cloaks and fur collars one I have painted the hard to reach areas.

With the change in aesthetic priority these guys are also back in the painting queue:

So yeah, sometimes one has to take stock and scrap things that don't work. Happy to move forward with this project with a stronger idea of what look I'm going for.

What do you think?

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Big Oathmark update 19/12
« Reply #253 on: December 19, 2020, 05:16:40 PM »
Nice models.

Those cavalry conversions look particularly good. Who makes those horses? The discarded helmets look like Fireforge Teutonic command sprue.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Ogrob's fantasy projects - Big Oathmark update 19/12
« Reply #254 on: December 19, 2020, 05:22:15 PM »
Nice models.

Those cavalry conversions look particularly good. Who makes those horses? The discarded helmets look like Fireforge Teutonic command sprue.

Horses and rider bodies are from Fireforge. The helmets are indeed Teutons and the arms are from Perry.