Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:29:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Daeothar's latest RPG character - Warforged Paladin  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Daeothar's latest RPG character - Warforged Paladin
« on: May 28, 2020, 09:21:34 AM »
For our new RPG campaign, which out of necessity is now an online thing (using Roll20 and Discord), I converted and painted a miniature to represent my character. This is something I have done for all of my characters over the years (most of our campaigns are drawn out affairs, taking many months and even years), but this is the first time it will (for obvious reasons) not be actually used.

I simply place it next to my monitor when I log in for a session. It may be folly, but I like to have it around for extra immersion.

We are now playing with actual D&D rules again, after decades of using World of Darkness rules in a plethora of settings. We are campaigning in the Eberron setting now. For those of you not familiar with the setting; think a classical fantasy setting where magic has been industrialised (so there are vehicles and appliances powered by magic), and the classic races are not aligned through their race, but solely through their own choice. So you can have lawfully good Orks and chaotic evil fairies.

My character is a Warforged. Basically a wood and metal golem with an independent conciousness. They were built to fight in the last war (now a couple of years in the past), cut loose when peace broke out, and now they have to find a purpose in life on their own.

My warforged, called Hoplon, was a linebreaker in the war, and has now joined the church of the Silver Flame (think holier than thou do-gooders with a penchant for cleansing evil with fire) as a paladin.

So yeah; I'm a Neutral Good Golem Paladin... :D

I converted this mini, which I found on Ebay and I believe is from Massive Darkness. I added an old GW shield to his left arm, and replaced the (very softly cast) original head with a spare Warmachine Khador Warjack one.

The bashed in helmet on the base belongs to one of the crucial NPC's we were supposed to get an assignment from, but we ended up killing. There was a misunderstanding, some uncompromising personalities, so yes; mistakes were made... lol

And since I managed to crush the skull of a lvl3 character with my lvl1 one, I figured this needed a small tribute ;)

Also; I used the Real-Metallic-Metal-Sky-Earth technique here for the first time, and I'm pretty pleased with how that turned out, even though the pictures do not do it justice. The freehand shield design is OK I guess, but some of the curvatures are a bit off, mainly due to the shape of the shield. I suppose it's still sort of recognizable as a Silver Flame symbol though...

But enough waffle, here he is, in all his bad cellphone pictured glory:
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
Re: Daeothar's latest RPG character - Warforged Paladin
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 10:44:32 AM »
Nice one mate!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 01:17:49 PM »
Dudes a metal beast!
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 04:38:22 PM »
 :-* lovely work on that.